FUNCOM Console needs Text Chat ASAP

Mainly I despise the global chat in every other game, so I would imagine this will be the same. I like the feeling of detachment from others in this world in particular because I feel like it adds to the atmosphere. Mainly though, I play with the global chat turned off in games because 9 times out of 10 it is someone begging for help or materials, trolling, or just being a jerk. I haven’t seen a non-toxic group of people on a server in a long time. Even if there are 39 cool people, along comes number 40 to be a complete tool.

I think youre the only player that doesnt want text chat lol.

And if you cant deal with one A Hole in chat that doesnt bode well for your sanity in the future 8)

LOL, I can deal with them, I just come to play games to get away from a very high stress job and I don’t feel like dealing with 15 year old kids that spout whatever they want. I hope you all get a global chat, and I hope I have the option to keep it turned off, win/win!

I totally agree with boshek77 just fix the voice chat that way it still feels like a survival game

The voice chat is useless. If youre in party chat with a friend you cant comminicate with anyone…its ridiculous.

But i do agree that the text chat should have a toggle to turn it off.

A survival game is about forming the community and bonds necessary to survive in a inhospitable environment and when you cant even communicate to conduct a trade or deem if someone is friend or foe it makes the game feel totally empty…even at max capacity with more people pounding on the door.

At this point the console version of this game is the only multiplayer survival game without proper text chat. It needs to be addressed pronto!

Games like this I don’t use party chat. If I want to talk and be social I wouldn’t be on a game I’d be bored. Party chat in my opinion on survival games is cheating. I have played ark, 7 days to die and this game and not being able to hear somebody when they walk off is part of the fun. I have friends that always forget they aren’t in party chat and just walk away while talking and I laugh every single time they do it. If people want to communicate farther away than what the game allows… well that’s been in use for years! It’s called “Social Media”. For those that want that into a game that already has lag issues… It’s insane! “Hey we want the lag fixed but we want a text chat!” I mean seriously if they add a chat like you all want it’s going to increase lag! I really wish people would educate themselves before complaining about what games have or don’t have. I have my c++ training in and have my own network setup. Coding isn’t easy they can’t just point and click and the problems go away. So to sum up my ranting I vote NO text chat!

Mind Blown…

Made an account to upvote this.

Cleary and without question this and all survival/mmo/community focused games REQUIRE text chat. Thats just a given. The fact that this even considered itself ready for launch without that basic fundamental leaves me speechless. Bugs are quickly forgiven, self sabotage is much harder to overlook. Non functioning thralls annoy me, its an irritation that im eagerly anticipating a patch for as it is essentially the backbone of the game. So an irritation. No text chat, astounds me.

How can the same dev team that managed to produce such a meaty and satisfying combat system overlook an essential?

Amazing.

1 Like

+>9000 The entire draw of this type of game is player interaction. When that is finite/limited or simply not present then the entire draw is lost. The small % of ppl who dont want the text chat or are simply mindlessly defending an objectively wrong decision and/or oversight and are the same small % of players that will leave the instant the new car smell wears off. Simply for longevity’s sake this is an essential.

Everyone that hopes for Conans success should be upvoting the OP.

3 Likes

For sure!

And while youll always find the antisocial guy who thinks chat pulls him out of his “Omergad! Real survival experience!” Its just a simple fact that while the genre is survival …its group survival. There are hundreds of other people around you with whom to trade,befriend,fight, ally with etc …

And lets keep it real… if folks were in a group of hundreds in real life it wouldnt be “surviving” it would be just another day in Kentucky…

So lets get text chat in console versions pronto so a full game doesnt feel like a Deaf/Mute graveyard.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.