Funcom don't nerf Horse pvp to much

I’m a PVE player so from a neutral perspective I would say don’t nerf horses … mounted horsemen will always do more damage to infantrymen in real life just imagine infantrymen yelling across the field “hey could you please not use horses and fight on even footing” you know that’s not going to happen so you find a counter let’s say for example a low tier bow if you hit a rider you have a 20% chance of knocking a rider off his horse the next tier bow (lots of different quality bows in the game dragon, obsidian, and star metal just to name a few) will give you a 25% chance etc etc etc not exceeding 50% chance cause in real life depending on were you hit the rider he’s falling off from that horse … but that’s just an example of a counter that could be used instead of nerfing this and nerfing that I really dislike nerfing because to me that’s just laziness instead of being creative

Speaking of nerfing like all the legendary weapons that were nerfed (which is the easy solution cause I don’t want to be bothered by it … laziness) they could’ve been creative and made weapons that would counter those weapons which to me it would been better … just imagine this player uses this type of weapon that gives him this bonus but there’s a weapon that I could farm that would give me a bonus that would neutralize his bonus and put us on even footing this is a better solution and keeps the players playing

The horse nerf is much needed, the game lost so much player base when they came out. Took a hardcore survival pvp game into a non-skilled horse simulator. If you think 1 shotting people on a horse is pvp then you are a farmer.

3 Likes

I’ve been online gaming since the Voodoo/Riva TNT era and haven’t once asked for a nerf to anything (yet)

That being said it seems unnatural that players must fight from horseback these days to be competitive.

2 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time someone said the game lost so much player base on these forums I would be rich. And if you think the poke and roll meta was skill, than you might be one of those farmers.

1 Like

To be honest the game lost much player because of cheaters, especially off servers, which nowadays is a real plague. But its a problem with which no nerf can handle…

1 Like

Even if CE lost players because of cheaters its not really because of horses CE is a grind if your a PVP player and you keep getting raided by other players and losing all your things you‘ll have to grind for things again … how many times does it take for players to keep losing there possessions before they eventually say screw this game?

1 Like

If anyone would like some insight as to why some members are so oppositional (or even downright worried) towards the impending Horse nerf, then look no further than mentalities such as these, and the picture will begin to become clearer.

That pretty much speaks volumes doesnt it. Now pair that mindset with some of Funcom’s track record for being, shall we say…a little too heavy handed with some ‘rebalances’ and it doesnt become difficult to comprehend why much of the playerbase has been responding to this development with wariness or indifference. Now Im not saying that the hyperbole doesnt run in both directions. But a lot of players are damn sick and tired of having their hard work and valuable time invalidated, and the rewards which they have worked so hard to garner yanked out from under their noses.

4 Likes

@Croms_Faithful Well in my opinion players are never satisfied ok let’s say they nerf the horses then these same players will come up with the next thing that’s kills them repeatably and they will come on these forums with pitchforks claiming this is to powerful so nerf it … you don’t see the trend happening after all these years? I’m a PVE player these nerfs effect PVEers to which in my opinion it’s stupid

I deleted all my horses last night. Starting to practice poke n roll. What my stats need to be?

1 Like

I’m not a PVPer but I think if I was playing on a PvP server and ran into a mounted player with the intent to kill me I would carry palisades as soon as he got close enough I would drop it front of him so he would run into it and keep doing it until his horse runs out of stamina and hopefully I could knock him off it or I could get away and escape … idk if this is possible but I’m sure I could come up with creative ways for me to survive against a mounted player maybe even defeat him

1 Like

Flyhacks doesn’t post much and doesn’t talk in this particular video, but he’s one of the only people that makes vids about CE that can explain things calmly and logically without blathering.

1 Like

Here’s another I thought if mounted player comes for me I’ll shoot smoke arrows in front of him and around him about 4-5 arrows would suffice (1 smoke arrow is pretty thick imagine 5 of them) once he’s inside the smoke I try to trap him with palisades by placing them around the edges but inside the smoke if I’m lucky I’ll be able to trap him if he’s not wearing a gas mask then I just throw gas orbs at him till he dies or shoot arrows at him or shoot his horse till it dies then I could remove one palisade and fight him on even footing … not sure trying to trap him with palisades would work but if I’m lucky he’ll run into a couple trying to get out of the Smokey area maybe he’ll run into a couple just enough to kill his horse lol

Here’s another carry 9 foundations, 12 walls and ceilings I spot a mounted player coming for me I quickly place a 3x3 foundations down quickly throw up the walls while I’m on the foundations place the ceilings then log out and go eat something maybe watch a little tv log back in I’m pretty sure he’ll be gone and I go my merry way

I don’t play PVP on this game because of Raiding bases I work don’t have the time but I do play PVP on other games and it’s fun and challenging which I enjoy very much … don’t understand why players complain and just call out nerf this and nerf that overcoming a challenge always brings a good feeling of accomplishment

2 Likes

In my opinion they do not complain because the horses are over. Over would be one class over another or one champion over another, in Conan we are all the same, anyone can have a horse. What are the horses over? on a fighter on foot? For that reason the spear is over on the daggers and must be nerfed. What happens with horses is: 1st - you cannot chase and kill a player on horseback if you go on foot 2nd - if you ride a horse to chase and kill players you lose all the advantage of “skill pvp” because on horseback you cant dodge, so you are on an equal footing with any other player (with the same gear of course). So what people complain about about horses is that they have lost that ADVANTAGE that they had with respect to more novice players.

1 Like

Horse is incredibly balanced and ground pvpers should adapt or die…

1 Like

It is a mistake to reduce damage on a charging 2000 lb beast that would cripple you and break several bones on your body if you would get ran over by one. In reality it should do more damage but than again i personally like more realism injected into the game.

In order to balance things out a bit I would start by making horses SUPER “disposible” no leveling them up just luck of the draw stats upon placement and nerf there vitality so they would die quicker sort of like a glass cannon.

Because this is a game nothing in the game should kill you with less than 3 hits, nerf animals especially the sabretooth, currently it can 1 shot you instant death right off a horse. Imagine if you are a foot soldier running from a 1 smack kill. This is a bigger problem than horses also thralls 1 hit killing players.

1. Nerf sabretooths
  2. Nerf thrall damage
  3. Make horses with less vitality fragile but deadly

horses are a tool for the player to control. The damage that thralls and sabretooths do has to do with AI fighting players. Improve the player experience by nerfing these 2 but dont nerf our tools that make us as players more dangerous.

2 Likes

This. And they cant figure out a horse macro like the poke and roll macro.

1 Like

The problem for “old players” is that all that knowledge about stats, armor, weapons and other mechanics can be learned very quickly: you just need someone who knows all that and is willing to teach. The same is not the case with agility in PVP, it is something that has to be trained and the longer the better you are, what the “old players” want is to have that “plot of exclusivity”, that’s why they are so against mechanics that they facilitate the PVP. Personally I have + 4000h in CE and I think that everyone should have a chance to fight, so I am against nerfing mechanics that make the PVP more accessible to new players, because who will be left in the game? I understand that CE does not have too many players, but the more hardcore they do it in terms of PVP in the end they will get 50 people to stay playing in total (considering that other games like TBC Classic are already coming out, if the new changes annoy enough people they will not remain the punching balls of the “veterans” they will simply change the game …).

The difference is that, as I understand the macros are not illegal, by using haks you can get a permaban XD

By the way, macros are useless in mounted combat … XDD

1 Like