Funcom flaw - blanket punishment

First of all, this is not a ban appeal, but a simple question to the community,
how do you feel about how funcom does there banning procedure ? i have over 2200 hours played on conan , some of the clan members that i have met along the way we became real life friends, and that in itself is a thanks to conan the game, but recently myself and our clan have been banned twice , the second time being perma banned, both times due to supposedly “offensive content and threats etc” seeing as funcom give no details other than that , how was myself supposed to take action within the clan when, 1. i dont know what was said. 2. who has said something, i can not understand how funcom can blanket ban paying customers, without any details to said ban to avoid them , with the amount of money i have spent on dlc etc i wouldnt get myself permabanned, but alas got a perma ban from a blanket ban. i allways thought conan was brutal survival, if someone finds something offensive that is being said, surely they could use the mute option on player list ? conan has gone that soft that you dont know what you can say or do anymore as trash talk ? it frustrates me that funcom are that incompetent at dealing with reports to single out infractions , that they revert to a slap blanket ban, i have never known anything like this, its ridiculous

3 Likes

I think it doesn’t go far enough. Toxic people are what ruin it for everyone else, and are the real culprits in declining clientele, regardless of the bugs and glitches. I have seen a full server of good players leave because of three uber toxic clan members.
I do agree that they should “tell all” about why people are banned, but then we get into the legal issues and FC just does not want to deal with that.
If you have been temp banned twice and still don’t get it, I would say you will never get it.

4 Likes

The worst thing is that it seems that they are not consistent, in my 3800 hours I have reported hakers, undermeshers and all kinds of glitch, many have been banned for only 2 weeks (even speedhakers) and now I read that people are banned for insulting in the chat of the game. The feeling it gives me is that there are no fixed rules for everyone, there are those who can use haks and nothing happens and someone who insults in the chat can be banned (if everyone who insults in the chat get a ban the 99% of Conan’s population should be banned XD)

1 Like

Dude, you stayed in a clan that got banned once?

The term “survival game” refers to a genre, and it doesn’t in any way imply that the players should have to deal with offensive content.

Ah, yes, the good old “if you don’t like reading toxic stuff, just mute me” argument. First of all, that doesn’t work. If you mute someone toxic, you’re still reading the replies from all the people who didn’t mute it. You would end up having to mute half the server. Second, why should anyone have to mute you in the first place?

Define “soft”. If you care more about being able to engage in “trash talk” that got you banned than about gameplay, then perhaps you should reevaluate your priorities when it comes to video games.

4 Likes

When someone leave server because of “toxic clan” its nof because of trash talking, everyone knows that XD. Its because raids and not be able to defend, I know well this situation because my clan plays aggresively, we heard a lot of crys and when they realize they cant defend against us and gonna lose all their stuff thet they farmed for months everyone tried to get us banned accusing us of all faults and inventing evidences (fortunately they fail). Conan is a savage world and as Conan says: the best in life is “…to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women…!” otherwise go PVE XDD

1 Like

This is because saying offense, racist, and bigoted things in open chat is more of a liability for a company than a game hack.
If someone says something racist and I take a screenshot, then splash it all over social media, it looks very bad for the company, and there will be consequences.
If I take a screenshot of a hack, and post it on social media, people will yawn.
This is totally consistent with the rules of most social media platforms.
Anyone who spews their filth in open chat should be banned or silenced. Some games will just restrict your chat privileges for 30 days. This would be acceptable also.

2 Likes

I don’t know which servers you play on, but 99% of people on ALL PVP servers trash talks

2 Likes

I saw a LOT of racism text in conan chat ALWAYS (i dont gonna quote it here but you can belive me) and no one got banned, its the first time I ve read that someone get banned for trashtalk (and and he’s not sure it was because of racist comments)

It is never too late :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do believe you, and so does FC, hence why they are cracking down on it. Talking “trash” is sometimes just pumped up adrenaline and harmless. Crossing the line into personal and racist, sexist, political, etc attacks is unacceptable and should be a perma-ban, always.
Do you agree?

2 Likes

Noone need to trash talk in a game, but when I came to Conan I came from WOW official servers and the chaos ive found here surprised me (anyone could bully and insult you without consencuenses) at first it seemed violent but now its petty normal for everyone who plays in PVP official servers, its that im very surprised to see someone banned just for trash talk.

The question is not to agree or not, the question is to have clear rules for EVERYONE: if I play on a WOW server I know perfectly well for what I can and I cannot be banned, in Conan you never know, there are people doing atrocities and nothing ever happens to them and others who are permabanned for any nonsense.

1 Like

Because unlike WOW, FC does not have active admins on its servers and relies on reports from players. If they are not reported, they will suffer no consequences.
You still seem to think that undermeshing and calling someone a ni^^er in open chat are the same thing, they are not.

1 Like

Not having active administrators is no excuse for not having clear rules that APPLY TO EVERYONE. Regarding the reports, I have reported many people by myself, for example a speehaker who also used the magnet in 1306, and nothing happened to him, we left the server weeks later and he continued playing. People that continued playing in that server told me that after a long time and lot of reports he was banned … only 2 weeks (when Funcom’s own rules say that using haks is punishable by permaban). That’s just an example, that’s what I mean when I say that there are people who do atrocious things and nothing happens to them.

Proving someone is speed hacking is a lot harder than just showing a SS of them saying something racist in open chat. Do you agree?

2 Likes

We are of a mind.

2 Likes

Fact.

And I use the Mute button liberally. Right after I screenshot and report.

2 Likes

NOT. . .lol. Your running around naked, lag/latency may be an issue, etc.

Слово не воробей

1 Like

Seriously, smart folk rock.

2 Likes

Why does that matter? I don’t care how many people are used to it or how long they’ve been doing it. In times of Mark Twain, everyone used to use the n-word casually, but that doesn’t make it acceptable. If someone is being toxic in chat wrong, and it’s also against the rules. That’s what matters.

The rules about harassment are as clear as they can be:

That’s really as clear as any rule definition can get. What more do you want, specific examples of what not to say? Because if that’s what you’re waiting for, it’s not gonna happen. Giving examples opens the rules to “rule lawyering”, i.e. toxic trolls complaining about bans along the lines of “but I didn’t say any of those things”.

Seriously, dude, defending harassment is not really a smart hill to die on.

4 Likes