Funcom flaw - blanket punishment

Depends on what they said. Did they say something racist? Did they call someone a “dirt farmer” (another lovely example from Conan Exiles)? In other words, did they verbally harass someone? If so, then yeah, they and you deserve the ban.

It’s funny how everyone who defends the verbal harassment in Conan Exiles always acts as if the very first ban is always permanent. It isn’t. Hell, Funcom doesn’t even permaban undermeshers right from the start, and I’m willing to be they don’t do it for people who spew toxic crap in chat.

Did you team up, by accident, with someone you didn’t know was a racist c*nt? Tough luck, you got banned for a few days and you’ll be back. Get over it and choose your team more carefully.

Or we complain loudly until they face the consequences of their behavior. And then people who think that the word “free” in “free speech” means “free from consequences” get outraged about cancel culture and cry crocodile tears.

Please point out where I assumed that your particular case is about racism? The mentions of racism in this thread stem from the discussion of the rules and the general defense of “trash talk”. And it’s not just racism that we’re discussing. Go read the rules. I even quoted the relevant section of the rules in this thread.

As for your specific case, I stand by my original point: you stayed with the clan that got banned once. That was a risk you assumed. Guess what? Sometimes risks don’t pay off.

No, you don’t. It’s in the rules.

Now, that I can agree with. They should tell everyone involved exactly why they got banned. I understand why they don’t, but I disagree with them.

It’s not lazy. It’s to avoid “rules lawyering” and other similar problems.

I’m not sure about that, honestly. This is what the rules say:

The rules seem pretty clear on that account. As in real life, ignorance of the rules isn’t a valid defense. Would it be better if they wrote a special clause that says that verbal harassment will be treated on individual basis? Maybe. Or maybe using a warning ban for first offense is enough.

At any rate, this whole claptrap about poor innocent people who just happened to be in the same clan with someone who verbally harassed someone else is the same claptrap we see in real life with people crying “cancel culture” because they can’t get away with saying hateful stuff anymore. I’m soooo heartbroken for them.

1 Like