Funcom flaw - blanket punishment

Anytime someone says this in a complaint post, I assume this must be their first video game ever. Because for all of FC’s faults, they are not that unique in those faults. It’s not like every other company has their sh*t together in this topic and FC is just bumbling around. Very few companies have figured out balanced ways to handle player punishment.

It is even easier to assume that if someone got banned, they probably deserved it about 15 times over, even more if they come to the forums and complain about how innocent and angelic they were and how ridiculous FC is. We probably all have done things in game that we shouldn’t be proud of.

And people that defend trash talk and “it’s a brutal game, you shouldn’t get offended” are the worst. I got wiped by the same clan 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I got mad, I even broke my silence rule and talked in chat. But I didn’t call them anything, I didn’t rage about how they were _______ (whatever your preferred insult is). I asked them why they kept hitting me and told them to give me my tools back. Then I walked away.

It’s a brutal, mature, adult game. Players should act like adults.

3 Likes

I full 100% agree with what you said about players acting like adults.
But unfortunately it’s full of either kids or oversensitive players.
You have some harmless cheeky banter by saying “ez get gud bad players” and they go ahead and report you for “offensive content or harassment”
If funcom consider what I’ve just said above as offensive content then it’s good I found out early enough into my conan playtime and I will just avoid official servers altogether and choose the ever growing in popularity private servers because atleast if you get reported on private servers the admins actually take the 2 seconds out of their day to look into the reports and don’t just blindly ban 10 people because some sensitive furry reported them

1 Like

But do they? Is this hypothetical or a real case?

Well apparently saying "ez get gud bad players” is enough to warrant a permanent ban

I dont really belive when someone reports for “offences” is a oversensitive, I think the majority is just using like weapons the rules system forcing it to absurd. Now everyone gonna get banned for trash talking? What we gonna get? Official servers full of dirty but very polite cheaters and undermeshers (especially from a certain country where they don’t even know how to speak English to trash talk) … funny days are coming! XDD

Funcoms train of thought : Cheaters, undermeshers and hackers? 2 week ban to reflect on their actions
Player who said “ez” in global chat? PERMANENTLY BAN THEM NOW

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I probably shouldn’t even touch this with a 10 foot pole, but I find it odd that in a thread that complains about how “Funcom give no details” about the bans we also get complaints about how Funcom banned someone for saying a very specific, inoffensive thing in chat.

At this point I’m starting to wonder if this is another one of those threads where people who got banned come to complain about their bans and protest their innocence as loudly as they can, while bashing big bad Funcom for banning them…

1 Like

Well i’m just speculating that was the reason because as me and others have stated before we rarely used chat and when we did it was just cheeky banter after a fight.

Again, if funcom would give actual details as to why the ban was put in place and who brought the ban about instead of being so secretive about why exactly an entire clan deserved a permanent ban, the clan leaders/members could moderate their clans and take the appropriate action to protect themselves from being banned again

well if someone assumes that it is the reason for the banning (with no detail, you can only guess) then it would be a very stupid reason too ban wouldnt it

I realize pointing out the obvious flaws in funcoms moderation on here is pointless as they will not respond to anything with any information on a ban but it still needs to be said to the wider community so they know what kind of game this has become
Say “ez” in chat and someone will be soft enough to report you for harassment and get you banned so i’d advice every player that actually has a spine and can still take some classic internet trash-talk avoid all official servers because they are now catered towards people like CodeMage and JJ dancer

I think that’s exactly what’s happened. The only thing I’m curious about is whether the confusion is feigned or real.

2 Likes

The rules are clear on this subject. Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures

As I saw there are three types of people:

1)-those who discuss the subject
2)-those who just are trying to troll
3)-those who always says Funcom is GOD, its perfect, never do anything wrong and if you think not, you are the wrong one! (possibly thinking they’ll get a job or something XDDD)

1 Like

thank you ever so much jim for your valuable imput, there are plenty of rules for plenty of things - still it doesnt make them right

2 Likes

Yes this is exactly what is happening
We are 100% innocent in terms of the official rule set
The only thing we have done was as I’ve previously said, say in global chat “ez get gud sh*t players”
So yes we are innocent and are bashing “big bad funcom” as you’ve put it because we have been unfairly permanently banned.

1 Like

also this is just a blatant lie as countless times I’ve seen hackers return to the game after 2 weeks for being banned for using speed hacks and magnet hacks

2 Likes

Thread was already teetering on being unconstructive to begin with, but then filled up with tons of personal attacks and other objectionable content.