Funcom is now treating former customers

None, because the EULA you agreed on when buying the game states that Funcom can, at any time and without reason, cancel the service they’re providing.

I’m not saying anything about whether it’s right, or fair, or anything like that. I’m only pointing out that legally, Funcom has done nothing wrong.

1 Like

U know that u have agreed with fc’s terms , right?
Willingly… U pressed “i accept”…

So good luck convincing that u have not aknowledgement of what u selected when u pressed the button…

I have never played on an official server and never would. This game was made for private servers as far as I am concerned.

You can’t imagine how many times I thought to myself, “I wish these uncreative, architecturally challenged, knuckle heads would get banned for building 50x50 black ice Borg cubes.” If people could get banned for designing a base like they were the Borg collective, half of the player base would be banned.

1 Like

Building even just a basic non-cube base that’s square from the ground up is a lot better on the eyes and not even that difficult. The more you use the triangle bits the better you get at building different styles, too. It’s why i liked starting out Yamatai on official PvE way back when, it was easy to build a nice looking base even with minimal effort as a first base build.

It’s rare to see a nicely done/nicely fitting block-build in the landscape.

1 Like

Not quite accurate. EULAs are generally not legally binding (depending on your country). This is because they can’t change your statutory rights.

Even if they don’t undermine your statutory rights, there is usually legislation to prevent unfair, or unenforceable contracts.

There are also issues with the fact the EULA comes after you have paid for the item, and used it. Any contract, or terms and conditions should be presented before the exchange of funds.

They often fall foul of being too long, or deliberately difficult to understand. This again can be used to break them.

Basically, it is just another crappy tool used by games and related companies to undermine the consumer.

With regards to OP, yeah no leg to stand on.

This is standard practice these days. I actually consulted the Finnish consumer rights official regarding mobile phone EULAs that are built into the phone, ie. you won’t have a chance to read them before you buy the phone. The reply was that if the EULA includes some blatantly unfair clauses, those clauses can be challenged in a court of justice, but other than that, the EULA is binding. It is even assumed that most people don’t read them.

So it’s definitely not a games-only issue. And I assume the legislation and practices are pretty similar throughout the EU. I find it unlikely that most courts outside the EU would side with the consumer in such cases either, and I find it unlikely that most consumers would even try to take the matter to court.

1 Like

EULA is there jsut to cover one part of the party, bussines. It is not there for customers, if oyu think that, read it again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.