Funcom: please consider this before capping thrall limits

Doing thralls like biluildings is doable. There is a already a proximity code. It is used when you bring up followers screen. Anything close by is highlighted. So that means it has to be using a code. Just use that but tie it to a station.

Already killed dozens that way. Plus running the red dragon into them. The palisades wont kill the pets or the thralls wearing heavy armor.

It would be interesting to see a ā€œnear byā€ requirement for the Wheel or Torturerā€™s Worktable, or Pot to reset the thrall timer.

Bring them home or they all decay after 14 days if too far away, this would end the remote refresh.

1 Like

It would also help with all the level I and level II released from cages on Siptah.

LOL, they never saw that one coming, did they?

1 Like

Actually the thralls will die no matter what armor they have on. On the Siptah server I play on my friends base decayed, he logs in a day late to find people pallisading his lvl 20 named thralls in top tier gear.

Personally I think decay timers are pointless if you can loot the building and the thralls. So many people swoop in like vultures when bases decay and use the mats within them to build even more huge bases all over the map. So nothing really decays, just switches hands usually into the theme park builders of the servers.

1 Like

We must play on drastically different servers. Where Iā€™ve played so far, people donā€™t rely on decayed bases for building mats. Sure, if you loot a whole bunch of hardened bricks or steel reinforcements from a decayed base, itā€™s a nice bonus, but itā€™s not something you count on when you build.

What people on my favorite servers have been after are thralls. Especially the rare ones, or the ā€œlimited editionā€ (e.g. topless Beri).

1 Like

I am the proud owner of two of these :blush:

2 Likes

Honestly? I have no clue what could be better for server performance since I play single player :laughing:

Sorry if I couldnā€™t add anything to this discussion, but Iā€™d just love to see that pots have purpose.
Of course the only exception would be your current follower.

Something like they would have the same decay timer as your buildings inside the potā€™s area, but once outside, this timer would be halved. Or a slow starvation damage just like for the player, but scaled up relative to their HP.

I want to start playing multiplayer and definitely will have more thoughts about this (and many other things) then. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah finding a rare treasure is the fun part. Really hoping we can dress the table thralls as we wish one day :grin:

I think looting decayed bases is just something some people seem to take to the extreme. Iā€™ve been server hopping between the populated pve(c) servers and chillin in chat while I play for the drama mostly lol, shameless I know :wink:

Iā€™ve just been shocked at some people bragging in global about their latest ā€œhaulsā€ One was a person who just had the admin delete 80% of their building for over building. The person who had their stuff deleted said it didnā€™t matter because they will just continue to loot all the decayed bases as they have been doing for years.

So stuff like that leads me to think we are better off letting stuff truly decay including the thralls as their gear is often the hardest things to grind, and looting it is too easy, why even play at that point? I just see so many loot the thralls and bases, then quit as they have everything.

Also maybe start a petition to bring back Beri in her natural state, or better yet, let us dress the table thralls :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I occasionally have been using the refresh method, I am also very much against it, there really should be an upkeep cost to buildings, thralls and pets.
I am also against the short the decay timers, and if the the thralls also decayed roughly as fast as the buildings then I most likely would be gone for good, at least on official servers.(I know, not a big loss)
I have seen buildings decay way too early, mostly right after a big update, while it may not be often, it does happen.
I donā€™t think making the current decay system even shorter/more strict will solve much other than push even more people away from the official servers.
During the years Iā€™ve befriended a lot of players, some of us clanned up together, others we just had an alliance with on same server, we had a blast.
Some went away for a while and came back, we helped each other getting back on foot again, but today there are only 2 of us left from more than 15 players, most of them got tired of the strict decay system.
I canā€™t speak for all of them, but several of them including myself wouldnā€™t mind having to maintain bases, thralls and pets if it meant you had a larger window before it decayed, and I think there are lots of people feeling the same way.

As it is right now, those that can and login weekly to refresh everything without actually playing are better of than those that for different reasons arenā€™t able to login in time every single week, they can put so many hours into the game every single month, but miss 1 week, and the base is gone.
At least they had some thralls/pets left so it wasnā€™t a total loss, I think if they changed the decay system for pets and thralls to roughly the same as buildings then it would only speed up the drain of players on official servers even more.

I do agree that the game needs a better system to handle decay of buildings, thralls and pets, but it should be a system that favors those that actually are willing to work for it rather than the refreshers.

And one final thingā€¦ Why is it even a thing for players to loot decayed bases on a pve server?
It doesnā€™t solve anything, way too much stuff just get recycled, mostly by horders who spend a lot of time checking decay timers of other people in hope of getting lots of free stuff, and yes believe it or not, there are more of them than you think :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.