Funcom, please get your head out of the sand

Does it really matter if they close this thread, there are plenty of others saying exactly the same thing. The game is busted right now and not worth playing seriously at the moment. We all know it, I’m sure Funcom do too, what else is there to be said?

Does anyone have a good recipe for a bacon and onion quiche? :pie:

3 Likes

Yea you are right about that, but they have been closing threads where people are complaining hence my message. Rofl no, I can make an egg but that is about it :smiley:

2 Likes

Please stop spamming complain everywhere, I really need that pet system coming, please stop complaining… just stop please

Hi DerekChan, please hop on an official server and get yourself a thrall, now imagine that the thrall would be your pet and put it on follow. Go on an adventure, swim, climb go raid some camps. After that, tell me if you still want those pets…

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that too, and banning accounts as well.

As we’ve said before: We are constantly working on all aspects of the game and as fast as possible.
That includes bug fixing, stability and performance improvements as well as adding new mechanics and features.

We are adding new features because a big part of the player base is looking forward to new content and new armor and placeables. Those players are as much a part of the community as everyone else. As you know already, these DLCs do not take away from the workload of any of the other teams and are done by the art team (just to mention this again).

We are also aware that it’s really frustrating to wait for bug fixes and the team is working hard to hunt and eliminate bugs. In some cases (such as the thrall aggro issue), it’s really hard for the team to reproduce the issue internally.

In some cases we are not immediately able to reproduce the reported bugs internally, either due to hardware or software configuration differences, or missing/inaccurate steps for repro. This is where we really have to work together. Remember, we, the community team, are your voice back to the devs. The more info we have the better we can help them to fix bugs faster. The best thing you can do is if you are able to provide us with clear step-by-step instructions and close to 100% repro case.

We’re also really interested in keeping a good communication with the player base and are trying our best to improve on communication as much as we can with our small team :slight_smile:

That’s one of the reasons we started the stickies in the suggestion category as well as in the different platform sections with known issues and lists as well as the relatively new News and Announcement section.

Regarding the DLC armor issue: Please remember to check out the stickies. If we have to find every single post that asks about this we are bound to miss one or two and then the player in question feels ignored, which we by no means intend to do. That is another reason we are trying to work with more centralized info that can easily be linked and hopefully will lead to less information getting lost in translation. That said, it’s fixed internally and will go out with one of the next patches. (Check out the News/Announcement section for target schedules for patches, which we try to update if something changes in our timeline).

Also, best Bacon Quiche Recipe!

9 Likes

Originally I wanted to post this 5!! hours ago but they put a limit on new members, very encouraging to get involed in the forums :thinking:
So I apologize in case things in this post were previously answered, just waiting for the timer to run out then hit send :rage:

I also would like for the Community managers to be a tad more responsive.
According to the Dev Tracker, good source to follow official statements, there was only one activity yesterday, related to bugs:

Funcom Forums

All Internet, I usually disable the Twitter option since it is often not relevant to the game:
https://conandevtracker.com/

I personally do not play on public servers, mostly because they are not administrated by FUNCOM, for obvious reasons (they rather spend their resources into maintaining the game IMO)

About the aggro issue there is an official statement even from the producer, they really seem to be on the case there, here is the link:

https://forums.funcom.com/t/server-wide-npc-aggro-problem/29217/13?u=xium

Here their statement about DLC vs. Bugfixing:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/complaints-about-dlc-practices/30007/19?u=xium

But again I would appreciate more communication as well, I get they were on holidays and I am sure they needed some, heck I could need some as well.

After those long three weeks of silence I personally would like to hear more details too. I do not expect them to put a statement out apologizing, I do not think this is needed they rather fix the known bugs.

During the time I host my own small server I ran into many things myself, not really game-breaking and for a lot you can find work-arounds but, as you said it gets kind of repetitive, especially without Purges.

In case you want to know more, be aware it is a real wall of text, here is the link to my topic:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/the-story-of-my-server-and-the-bugs-i-encountered/30659/9

Hi Tasha, ty very much for your reply.

We all want new features, new armour and new placeables, after fixes… We know the art team is not solving bugs, that is not the point. You are from the same company right?

If you feel that an equal part of the player base is more looking forward to new content rather then seeing the core mechanics fixed we must not be reading the same forum.

Ofc you cannot reproduce it internally on a server that has enough resources, not being stressed with 30-40 players and having 1000+ sandcastles. I’m all for helping out on reproducing issues, as I have already invited Tyros to come on my server where the ‘AI not responding’ is 100% reproducable, but no response was given. I included steps and coordinates btw. Most bugs do not even need instructions to be reproduced, they are very clear and obvious. Can you comment on this? Why are official servers being ignored?(And I’m not talking about moderating but about major issues)

Again, I’m not looking for apologies nor a reply on every topic posted, just a statement or acknowledgement about the overall state of the game and confirmation that you are on it and with the right priorities, which is even more important considering you are a small team.

But allow me to ask this though question: How is it that you sell 1.5million copies and are having a small team?

And one more, sorry in advance for being negative again: But…

At the rate of 1 reply per day we do not have much of a voice back to the devs, and it would be nice if you could also be the voice of the devs back to the community :wink:

Anyway ty for your reply and looking forward to your next posts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like all you need to do is play on an official server and you can see everyone of these bugs first hand.

Thrall health, ever server restart every single thrall goes back to 100 health. This is ones placed since launch and new ones. from darfari camps, to new asagarth or the mound. doesn’t matter, if it is a placed thrall it goes back to 100 health on server restart.

thrall AI, seem the more thralls in the area the less they do. my smaller bases will help me when attacked about 50% of the time, but my big main base, zero. they sure do like to run over and watch me get attacked but they just stand around.

just to name few of the big ones.

2 Likes

Art teams should never be creating content and releasing it without engineering support. If you all are doing this then you are not a well organized team.

I think you all are falling into the same UE4 trap that most consumers of that engine do. UE4 is easy to get started and a nightmare to maintain if you don’t do things right from the start. This is all related to the “visual programming” nonsense that makes it easier for content creators and harder for engineers to keep the content creators at bay and to fix all the crap they come up with.

Great examples of this can be found here -

Submitted via Tumblr: during a skype call, casually “showing off” the material setup…. 

My guess is FunCom has built themselves into the UE4 trap and sadly there’s no way out of it without massive re-writes. Next time, use an engine that doesn’t do this “Visual Programming” nonsense and hire more and better engineers to support your art and content teams.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. I just hope that people like Skinny can be act more positive, and provide more meaning suggestion and ideas, instead of complaining all the time.

You will find that opinions like Skinnys fall into the majority that’s why the player base is slowly disappearing.

3 Likes

I hear you, and agree with your sentiment, but really, players don’t know enough about game design to be able to give Funcom advice, all that most of us can do is report the issues we see.

Complaining about bugs & Reporting bugs, there’s a very thin line between the two, just depends on how frustrated you are at the time of typing.

2 Likes

I agree mate. Latest Stats:
Online - Peak

4,819 10,143 Age of Empires II: HD Edition
4,782 10,693 Conan Exiles
4,574 10,094 Farming Simulator 17

Thats a 2k loss in a week even with a DLC launch.

Many of my server community have just put the game down and gone to do/play something else. I’m sure thousands are just waiting quietly for the game to advance beyond Early Access.

I wish I hadn’t hosted a server for this game now, I have no choice but to keep going.

1 Like

You can make an egg? I thought chickens did that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing those stats @PitMonk I think they show something interesting.

There are many cries in this Forum about new content, which I cannot really relate to.
Sure I would like to see more content coming…after the existing game works flawlessly, I mean you do not build a skyscraper on top of sand too :slight_smile:

Age of Emires, eventhough it got some cult going, is a feature-complete and dated game but it works. No bugs (as far there is something like that), good balancing and working mechanics/gameplay

Farming simulator 17, also already 2 years old, offering repetitive gameplay (comparable to the grind in CE) and a finite number of equipment (like the weapons, /armor in CE) but again it has few Bugs, gameplay works and it is entertaining, trust me I play it myself.

My point is, as long a game works properly and has engaging mechanics it will be played and adored, just look at how many are hyped for the next installment of the Farming simulator, me as well.
It is, at least in Austria/Germany/Switzerland one of the best selling franchises and kind of popular, and few will hesitate to buy the next one because you know what you get (in a good way)

Bringing the arc back to CE:
I really hope for FUNCOM to be able to push CE to what it deserves to be.
Focusing on content, no matter if it is features promised or DLC, should be their second concern, making what they released already working first would be the top one.

Just my opinion.

4 Likes

The communication has improved recently, it’s noticable. Good work :slight_smile:
And, thanks for the recipe :pie: I will try it out once I break my fast. :slight_smile: lol

@Tascha

Of course “bug fixing, stability and performance improvements have to be made […]” if it goes out of EA. But if its about MAJOR ISSUES like f.e. weather system TILL NOW, this is disturbingly weak. I fear you will be finished with bug fixing in 2022 if this is going on the same way. The major issue of this game is the incomplete technical frame, this kills it alot for many people. Maybe the people who get trough the pain playing or do not have these bugs say they wish more content. But for most its the bugs. Just saying.

CE COULD HAVE BEEN SOOOO GREAT.

ATM / Day Peak
40,800 42,026 [ARK: Survival Evolved]
8,339 10,399 [Conan Exiles]

8,405 10,553 [Brawlhalla] CE has the same stats as BRAWHALLA…wtfeudal

At least you did not implement lootboxes…

Is there even any fixes planned? Its clear we pretty much have gone 2 weeks now without any real fixes besides tar metal. And from the blog it seems we may first see some whenever testlive pet system is ready. And all focus now is on that and consoles.

Guess game is what it is until September.

1 Like

I believe from what i read in the news section they are going to update testlive soon with some fixes before putting the new features into testlive on the 16th as in another topic apparently the developers are getting close to fixing thralls not attacking.