Funcom, please, stop nerfing Sorcery :/

I´m really frustrated no longer being able to use even utility spells in places like the silver mine, or in the passage north of the staging area.

I don´t understand if it´s been disabled there because they´re ¨dungeons¨ or because they´re underground and lightning shouldn´t work (seems silly to block all spells though) or if it´s considered a ¨new player area¨ where apparently all spellcasting has been disabled to ¨prevent preying on new players¨ in PVP¨. I just wish we had some answers, at least. Or that ¨sorcery is suppressed here¨ only affected specific spells.

edit I´m told by a friend that some people are being able to use spells against the Arena Champion and in some dungeons, but I´m not being able to, and this seems inconsistent. Does anyone have actual info on the details of this?

1 Like

Totally agree with OG post. The call of the dead spell is a joke the zombies come up with 100 heath and they die in two sometimes one hit and they walk around not attacking or anything. When the spell reads summon an undead army you expect hungry zombies ready to kill. My friend almost died falling out of his chair laughing so hard when we were dueling, and I finally got to cast this spell and I was like “Prepare to run for your life!!!” and it was like I puffed a giant fart and did nothing… FIX YOUR SHIT FUNCOM. Your spells are a joke also when I am on this topic your last Perk Demon Lord, this should let you take permeant control over the demon you summon from your circle not some lame ass temp damage boost.

Sadly sorcery is a complete joke, I returned for sorcery and did retire again because it is a useless memebuild.

Will return when they make sorcery viable

I’m sure you’ll find something else to make you leave again even if sorcery gets fixed.

5 Likes

Be nice if it was worth using in combat. It only seems beneficial for prewar buffs, but not really all that great due to the time it takes to cast off anything through the stone menu. Some warstaves with fire ice etc would be great.

Here we go again…
facepalm-hopeless

4 Likes

Or maybe not? Maybe we can pretend nothing happened and it will quietly fade into obscurity? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can deal with much crap but when the build I enjoy the most is not viable then it’s a Problem :smile:

Yeah, stop nerfing and start removing! The sorcery destroyed PvP, there should be separate servers for the nonsense.

Its barely did anything to pvp other than make it easier to raid pillar bases.
Nothing that couldnt have been done before via other methods taking slightly more time.

And rightly, there should be no such thing as an unraidable base.

It brought it a new way of playing, that needs some adjustments to be made on par with traditional ways of playing.

4 Likes

I keep seeing you claim this…how? The only thing that I know it killed was pillar bases but I don’t think anything else has been destroyed.

1 Like

Wait are we talking about undermeshing now?

Nope. We’re trying to avoid talking about pew-pew magic.

Again ?? Well at least it’s labelled correctly. Pew pew (smell) magic sounds about right in regards to Conan.

I think this guy is talking about Zombies not casting magic…[Let’s be fair it’s cosmetic spells and utility spell’s] because the magic in this game is [[broken]] as it has really no combat uses. When 3.0 first launched you could put armor and weapons on the zombies plus you get 3 which can be buffed even more with the [well trained] perk. Stacking high best armor and insane high health pools make them demi-god like. Now get a clan of just say 10 people each with 3 zombies that is 30 Demi-God monsters ready to raid was kind of over kill.

That’s how it’s called now. Alright

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s what I personally call it when I see stuff like “hey, we could have staves that case fire and ice spells just like in every D&D-derivative game I’ve played”, but nobody’s stopping you from coming up with your own name if you don’t like “pew-pew magic” :wink:

1 Like

When shooting guns or lasers in games I also go - pew pew pew when I’m flinging fireballs I go - few few few but electricity/ bolts it’s more - zing zing zing. Lol we all have our sound effects.

Edit: I’m not tryign to dredge up the argument again. At this point I’m sort of half-rambling somewhat.

I do actually wonder if there’s any way for the scepter to be used in such a way that it can be an active combat tool. And no, I don’t mean the completely useless 2-hit bludgeoning chain that your CTRL key gives you.

I mean, the Conan TTRPG has a spell where you can literally dismember someone or rip their heart out of their chest (from a decent distance away, mind you). Although who knows. I don’t know if that’s even acknowledged by some Conan fans. (Not an attack, merely a genuine observation and curiosity)

One Exiles mod I actually have going seems to be decent for combat options (even if still a bit slow in casting) that seems relatively in line with some of the possibilities in say the TTRPG for example. Some. But not all.
The Tome of Forbidden Arts. It gives you Mesmerism to have a chance to put your target to sleep. Necromancy to conjure a rotting fog.
Hell, even healing in the necromancy rune-set by ‘opening up a well of souls to tap into the energy’ (even though that too might be a bit unfeasible), and rip out a heart from a distance.

Subtle buffs for one’s self that can increase our defense via Divination. Demonology to give us a buff that damages those who might get too close to us.

And of course there’s a 1st-escalation Thaumaturgy spell to let us create a fairly small explosion and leaves a small field of burning surface that’s dangerous to step on, but that would probably get decried, I think.
At the moment I’m mentally wrangling with what all could be allowed and done without being called (or devolving into) pewpew magic. I do wish I could use the arcane staff and a spell or two or something as an active, actual weapon, but I just don’t know how it could be done. I hope it can. But I don’t know if it can.