Funcom Plz Don't Listen 2 The whiners!

@ everyone! I’ve just read all of your posts. I’ll try to respond to you all as much as I can in this 1 post. I’d like to start by saying people who play conan 100+ hrs per week (it’s a bit extreme I didn’t mean this litterally ppl!) As in Hard core conan exiles players or what’s left of then because they pretty much packed up. Even more so after the December patch. What’s left of them can most definitely steer the game as a whole in a better direction. Here’s why:

1. EXPERIENCE- who is the 1st person you ask for you’re mad at the cashier at a restaurant? The manager. Why? Because that person has more EXPERIENCE.
    Because he/she has more EXPERIENCE. That person has more INFLUENCE or… say so in the way things go down. It’s as simple as that. you know what the heck you’re talking about when you but a lot of time into something. You know what the issues are. You know what needs to be fixed vs what is just a load of bologna.

2. They generally dont have time to come on the forums & post like I do. I barely have time to get on here to read these and respond because I’m either working (in real life), hard core grinding on officials or managing my server. I’m here to speak out against the over all direction funcom has taken this game. It doesn’t matter if youre triggered or not. This game is getting to the point of false advertisement.

3. they absolutely finance funcom. They buy the dlc’s, they find tmmost of the bugs/ exploits, they know what works and what doesn’t.

4)they make up the player base for the most part (used too before all the changes. Also, Showing 7-10 custom rp servers is not a representation of the majority of conan exile btw most servers are pvp ones for a reason.)

1. similar to ALL successful things in life. The leaders take advice from the most dedicated. People who actually do the ground work. Dont quit because they took an L.

I hope this covers everything for the most part. Btw, funcom doesn’t have to listen to me or anyone. My opinion IS NOT the only thing that matters and I share the earth just like everyone else. I’m just saying that this game has been heading down the pooper
For a good minute now & I finally found out why. I’m just trying to do my part to save a game from collapsing just like all my other Beloved games. Listening to the wrong ppl will screw you. Have you seen what the December-current updates did to conan exiles? Do you really think this game is gonna beat ark, rust & others at this pace? Who do you think asked for mounts, roll nerfs & server wipes? CASUAL PLAYERS. They ask for change & dont stick around when things dont go they’re way. I know what I’m talking about. I interact with 100’s of different players owr month on conan exiles(no exaggeration here) I know what’s up. They don’t post on here sadly. I want to see conan exiles on top where survivalists can enjoy the game without having the stuff they love fade away in time.

Tell you what, I’ll attempt to get as many ppl as I can on these forums to let everyone know that I’m not just talking out of my cheeks here. Time to get busy again!

*had to edit a few things here. You may not agree but hey, it’s not even for you to see. I’m glad you don’t agree with it because it’s the OPPOSITE of what’s currently happening now (what you agree with). If anything is an atrocity it’s the December patch & friends. Just look at the advertisement of conan exiles & tell me what kind of game you’d think it is. Just think CONAN. you spend your $60 just to come into Cupcake land with knights on ponies,castles & Anything that would’ve been worth using is nerfed to oblivion or removed from the game

@ kaporeeni I seem to have missed your reply. My time & experience on conan I MOST DEFINITELY can be proven its call screen shots. I have the game platinumed as well (no admin commands were used). Additionally, I didn’t expect people to actually take those numbers as litterally as you did.

he purpose of the statement was to to show the difference amount of time invested & experience. (Just cuz ppl agree with you doesn’t make you right btw.)

Apparently not with funcom but with most successful games? Yes it does… very much so indeed. Who’d you rather have operate on you at a hospital? Someone with 20 years experience in the medical or someone just getting through the door? I’m sorry to tell you this but experience definitely takes priority over inexperience. I’m not sure what world you live where you think everyone has equal influence. Freedom to speak, yes. Equal consideration? Not so much.

Uhhh… you might wanna edit this my fellow human. You got triggered & contradicted yourself. I’ll have you know that these forums dont represent majority of the conan exiles community as well. I guess a select few of us “elites” show up on here to post our opinions so they can be considered more than the ones who dont post here. Or… maybe just maybe… dis regard MY post because I don’t represent the majority of conan exiles players; not even the hard core ones according to you.

I’m a what now?

& you said if you were who?

Oh…so you mean you’d do the same same thing im doing? Dang… that’s far out broski. POINT PROVEN!

The bad part, it exists

mm

@sera … it’s called resource allocation. Funcom is a small company. Its frustrating to see decorations get added into the game when gos are disabled, dungeons are blocked & horses are broken. If you have experience like you say, you’d not be triggered at all at this post.

People who’ve played since day 1 have experience. There fore they should have more influence when funcom comes to check these suggestion forums. Simple. I dont see your issue here man. 99% is not a literal percentage. It’s another exaggeration for MOST or MOSTLY. We need to get more people on these forums so we can have a more even playing field. Right now it’s me against 99% of the posters (exaggeration) on here. Right now casual players & role players are the only ones speaking up. Therefore, we’re getting more casual & role play stuff. Simple. I’m speaking up. There will be more to come I’m working on it.

If you spend enough time doing something youd be a master at it.

Not true. While you certainly wont be a master chef by doing this alone, you are indeed, a master at this:

If we keep this debate up long enough with @Rashaun317 then he will lose knowledge because he will fall below his line of what hardcore is for playing hours. Then he will be a casual gamer like the rest of us apparently are.

5 Likes

On conan right now as we speak. Waiting on Mats to craft while I post. After I build, I’m gonna go live life & come back and get more experience. I have a phone that I pay the bills for the wifi that allows me to hop online to play conan exiles for many hours so I can come back to these forums and point out some more things that wrong with game according to the ACTUAL player base of conan exiles before I go to work tonight. While I’m on break at work I’m gonna post again on these forums, Come home sleep, wake up, live live and again get more experience on conan exiles.

HARDCORE ALBACORE!

Yeah, you are the reason we need material decay of everything. Way too easy to think you are experienced when in reality you are just AFK logged in hoarding mats during the 18 hours of non combat on PVP officials. You just admitted as much.

But you did also helped prove my point on ease of the game. I have clan mates and friends who play free to play phone games while they farm hide with OP thralls.

Listen man I agree with a some what you all are saying. I’m just saying it shouldn’t take priority over gameplay feats like the silent legion dungeon being blocked off. If we get DOUBLE SIDED WALLS before the SILENT DUNGEON gets fixed, I’m uninstalling lmfao. Decorative items are an afterthought. Actual gameplay mechanics should be a priority. Tell me what server you play on so I can block BOTH the entranceS to the silent legion dungeon will wall palisades. Then come and tell me what’s more important.

Plz do not listen to 99% of these posters on the suggestion forums. As you’ve stated earlier, the game is not for everyone & I agree. We have players (barley) that casually play the game (10 -20) hrs a week on the forums making suggestions for the entire conan exiles game. As an older conan exiles player, with tons of our and his own private server, I urge you to ignore these guys. They’re killing the game. It hurts my eyes to see the atrocities they’re suggesting. It hurts even more to see them ACTUALLY make it through to live game play.

Agree.

*Player’s who put in 10-30 hrs a week on the game shouldn’t be able to beat players who put in 100+ hours a week.

You do forget a concept.

time vs time & skill vs skill = Grey area

If the best player of the world can make a base complete in 10 hours, the same base by a general player that takes 50hours to complete. You suggest not hearing those skilled players whick are playing for 10 hours, but this is one of your own point starting this post in the first place.

For example, I can play barley 10 hours hrs a week and still have above standards (general) game knowledge and give good advice to Funcom. How do you expect from Funcom (which I did expect from them) to if the suggestions are made by the “less game knowledge players”, that they are aware of it?

So if you want Funcom to help (you already did by this post), maybe suggestion a solution would help better. Maybe I could be better in the team of Funcom instead waisting time to suggest game improvements and report bugs for them. They don’t publish a list of their known bugs. pros & cons on this, but in this case I’m not going to waiste double time, because I don’t know what is reported or not. Other side is that others can’t use the bugs at that time if they don’t know it exist (which I guess that this is the reason that they don’t have a list).

Anyone suggesting monthly wipes are most likely not serious conan exiles players. They do not know how hard it is to get a ton of loot and claim alpha status because they dont have the skills & effort to do so. So they ask for a wipe lol. You cant expect casuals to be on even ground with Hardcore players. Wipes will just make ppl play other games. I’ve wiped ppl and they went to play other games so what do you think will happen if you wipe the whole server?

Agree, for me if a brimstone lake is spammed by foundation, I found an objective in the game which makes it interesting. Just started to play again this week, but my old clan members won’t return because (and I agree) before the mount update, it was PvP heaven. Skills are out of the game now, it’s now on PvP “number players vs number players”.

*Dont implement features to please casual players. Again they don’t know how to play so they ask you to m change the game to their tastes so they can be happy for the 1 hr they put on the game in 3 days time.

Agree, Funcom listened to the majority of the “wrong players”, not that they are wrong, they experience the game their way. But Funcom didn’t listen to the “hardcore gamers”, which is not that weird because most of them don’t join or read the forum which they have the right to do. Especially for console players. Linking a link to forums to explain server rules is just stupid in my opinion, they really didn’t thought about it.

*nerfing/Disabling avatars, can’t knock out player owned thralls, the trebuchet/bomb nerf etc. Has literally turned raiding into an offline only thing. If you want loot, you offline raid. If you want pvp, you still can’t get it because the defenders are just gonna replace destroyed building pieces with new ones and if you get in, they just teleport out through the map room with their loot or just hop on a horse and rideaway. These are all casual gamer requests that made half the player base leave.

Ohhh yeah, I can continue on this one. But the point is that my clan (1 year ago) of 8 people is now left with 1 (me).

*your losing your pvp player base fast. Pvp is life blood of conan. It’s the main reason the game is even alive right now. Pve & role players are the fastest to quit when they don’t get they’re way, I know. I hosted a pve server.

I stressed this out so much back then, damage has already been made.
They pleased RolePlay gamers (no offence), but the outcome is what you described.

*this game is getting closer & closer to false advertisement with every patch. I feel sorry for anyone who paid full price for this game; thinking that they were gonna god somebody’s base only to find out that they disabled avatars.

Also agree, almost every patch brakes the game in PvP terms even more. While this game is in core, PvP. Been a year now, avatars are disabled.

This game is going down the drain. Stop listening to casual gamers & listen to your more experienced player base. Thanks!

Yeah, I hope they learned from the mistakes.
I almost paid for every DLC except the last one, so I sponsored them too for this RP game instead PvP game.

I hope they will listen to the right people, but how does Funcom look for the “right people”!?

Anyway Funcom, how longer you wait, more you will here till the game died completely (except for the Role Play gamers), they still can make “streaming / video” content, they don’t use the game technically as Hardcore players, so keep listen to them. Good Luck.

ps. To bad this game turned the way it now is, I miss PvP in the old days when fighting skills was an element, now you killed fighting player vs player.
Funcom, this is your first game with big a players base with a unique game in terms of PvP open world survival game with Clan options, hope you can turn it around.

Thnx

1 Like

@Rashaun317 I think at this point after that opening post you are just:

giphy

3 Likes

@EXP88 THANK JEBUS! Someone Gets it! My post may not be 100% perfect but you get the point! Holy SPIT!

It is also a shame that a lot of pvpers dont come online to post online. We can potentially turn this game around to the heaven it once was. PvP is for Hardcore Conan Exiles players. I still get hyped at the conan exiles opening advertisement video. With the gods destroying bases, the slaughter, the trebing, the looting & omg the cries of the players as they log off online spamming my inbox! I take everything… even the water outta the wells (gimme gimme gimme!) Those were the days. Now it’s just fairy land & Horse knights to save the princess from the castle lol. The recent Patches only solved the problems for rp & pve players.

Opinions expressed politely ≠ whining.

You must have a special filter then; a good chunk of what I see on the forum is forum PVP, at least. I sometimes wonder if there is a special prize to be won for upsetting the most people at once, based on how some posters post.

Irony aside, the PVP community has a lot of posters on the forums. Trouble is you probably dismiss what they say as not hardcore enough, the same way you do to PVE players.

4 Likes

It is also a shame that a lot of pvpers dont come online to post online. We can potentially turn this game around to the heaven it once was. PvP is for Hardcore Conan Exiles players.

I have this problem for months, it feels like 1 vs 100 on this forum.
Banned thousands of time (Funcom and understanding players who actually playing the game and time is crucial, yes I didn’t followed the guidelines perfectly, but understanding frustration is an other story for Funcom.

You must have a special filter then; a good chunk of what I see on the forum is forum PVP, at least. I sometimes wonder if there is a special prize to be won for upsetting the most people at once, based on how some posters post.
Irony aside, the PVP community has a lot of posters on the forums. Trouble is you probably dismiss what they say as not hardcore enough, the same way you do to PVE players.

You are totally wrong in my opinion, yes some post might be “hardcore”, but in general bringing " Hardcore PvP" discussion, I get flagged.

Talking Irony.

Anyway, this was a post on an other topic, hope I can still use some criticism + sarcastic view of developers.

PVP - Official

Believe it or not, but I just played Conan this week. First time again after the mount update. .
Guess what, I’m a hardcore PVP player and the game is still broken for PvP.

Not speaking of the bugs what I experienced in the meantime, new ones too.

I just really don’t get the movement, I played Conan for more then a year and the movement was lovely and smooth (not in animation, but control). Now it’s still not OK (after many updates), if the developers played their own game like it should (no mods etc) and clan wars. You can only conclude 1 thing:
*** Skill based fighting is gone, where you could win a battle 1 vs 5, is now gone. Whoever hits first, wins. 1 vs 2, you are done. THIS IS VERY CRITICAL! ***

Why: If you want players to join a new server, there has to be a “skill gap” and not a “invested time gap”. Not interesting to play anymore because it’s more “resource vs resource” instead of “Clan/players vs Clan/players”, it’s to bad because the building element is great, but now you just walk around the map and if clans/players build much you just leave, there is no room for fighting skills. Why would I spent time to build up again (cost a month), hard finding new players and the bugs and animation are all subjects for motivation killers, for example the Pick-Axe animation is like I had a stroke the day before and losing fighting clans because you are outnumbered when starting in the first place (besides the survival mode itself). The bright side if this, skills in running away is becoming better.

I was attracted to multiplayer survival with a competitive touch, loved Conan but this ain’t working for me anymore and most oldskool hardcore players are gone, for example moved to the game “Last Oasis” with obviously good reasons in my opinion (same as the title).

Hope the PvP today in Conan is nothing compared to what is coming for Dune.
But I have to force myself to lower the expectations, especially with these devs, so it’s just an other survival game and if you have bugs, your problem. Core mechanic changes like movement, no problem… We as devs just want to adjust this core system movement because it’s more important that the content made out of this should look smooth… :clown_face:

Hope Tencent Games forces the focus making better games, money no problem anymore.

1 Like

My post was flagged really… really?!

-_-’

3 Likes

Join the “got flagged club” :innocent:

1 Like

This was my favorite of the entire post. This showed how experienced you really are. I mean, off lining has been most efficient PVP tactic since official day 1 release. Nothing added or changed since then has made a difference to that, and really never will. Why encounter resistance when you can just beat up AI opponent? I personally don’t like it, and will engage in an actual raid, hoping for melee. But i can’t fault people who have 20 hours a week to play to utilize their time as they see fit.

I think raiding in general needs some form of… I’m gonna word this like a idiot.

Like a Quest? I picture something like… Attackers destroy a base with no active players. Certain loot of Defenders is hidden and not dropped when chest is broken/looted etc.
Add a reward, or lack of one for that type of raiding.

Add rewards, or a system to reward player for attacking and killing people during raid time. (at a bases location) Matching levels etc.

Kills, Fixes, Destroys etc. Could reward tokens(some form of PVP currency) for hand in.
Less to no tokens for smashing a lv10 on lowbie zone, breaking his sandstone hut when your lv60. XD More for taken out lv60 base in Jungle.

Not fleshed out idea…mind you, Just hit me just now.

1 Like

I had this discussion with my friend yesterday.
He asked me how I could convince him to go back to Conan.

I was done.

I can suggest a competitive system within the lines of Conan, I have to write this down on paper (notes on laptop) but that would be for myself for in the future when making my own game, fully PvP 100%.

I aint do the work for Funcom for nothing, they let me pay DLC and lost items because of DLC (remember the Hot to cold ressistence bug specific DLC armor, I lost great loot and tools because of that. Not only that, I had 50+ Treaser seeker thralls, which became 100HP and you couldn’t take the weapons and armor off, dead is dead and drops nothing. Was really nice with the purge, lost 23 thrall with, at that time the weapons you can’t have anymore with that kind of damage and armor pen).
Alot of time went by before this was fixed, I was with 3 players fighting a clan of 6, then mounts update slammed in and I was done. joined back after 100000000 updates, I missed this game so much but I know it won’t ever be the same anymore. Even if they fix movement and PvP, damage has already been done for the most oldskool hardcore players, game isn’t better after the mounts update.

People will disagree, but if you play on the version before the mount update and after. You have a more stable game back, less lagg.

Only positive thing about the mounts update and after, is the thrall/pet leveling system.
But I guess they had to in their mind, it almost destroyed the game in coding!

Rashaun317 so other than ‘‘No server wipe’’ what is you solution, because you still didn’t offer any after several posts other than ‘‘don’t listen causal player’’ to players who recently joined Conan and absolutely loves it, choose PVP and guess what? Every official server is build up by ‘‘Elite’’ or ‘‘Alphas’’, critical points blocked, I found one yesterday the lake and sinkhole was blocked completely!!! Foundations and vaults laying everywhere!!! How the hell am I supposed to build or even just join Conan and play??? I paid good money for the game too including all the DLCs. Because of ‘‘Elite/Alphas’’ is the reason new players come in, find out they can’t build because everything is taken and leave!!! So please give solutions not complains about how the game is died.

1 Like