Funcom Taking a Month Off? Exploiters Win. R.I.P. Conan

, ,

Quick question, if there are any people still watching this thread that can answer; Does it matter if the character I reached 25 with is on a family-shared account, or does it have to be the one that actually owns the game? I only just realized I didn’t switch back to my main Steam account.

During this time on twitter, a kind of propaganda…

Thats not propaganda, thats a fact, shaped in a new that has appeared on most gaming sites, and Funcom is obviouslu echoing it.

I prefer to look at this “propaganda” where they say they are working hard to hotfix the bugs

1 Like

What?!
I’m from Sweden but working for an US company but as long as I’m employed in Sweden it’s Swedish laws that apply when it comes to labour law.

Norwegian law says the employee is entitled to 3 weeks off at some point between June 1 and Sept 30, actually all Scandinavian countries have similar laws.

I think his point was that they could do the work from the US office using US staff subject to US labor laws …not… that since Funcom has a US office their Norwegian staff can work under US law instead of Norwegian law.

I see what you mean but that don’t make any sense neither. Unless you actually know what they are working, what kind of professions they have (Artist, musician, programmer, animator, etc etc) and 100 other factors.

Top that of with: It’s not that easy to move a project like Conan, if you never seen the codebase before it can take weeks before you become productive.

Yes. I agree. I believe I made a similar point earlier.

I agree that a company does not need to explain its policies (generally speaking) to its customers.

Regardless of where a company’s HQ is located, labor is regulated by the state. No company can subvert local labor laws. Policies are of course dictated by the company but most company policies are clear to acknowledge that they are in full compliance with local law.

One tiny thing of note: your quote of my post was incomplete and out of context. It gives the impression that I am saying that Funcom can ignore Norwegian labor laws because they have a US office, which is the opposite of what I was saying.

Regards.

Too much information thanks for sharing.

In the us it depends on the state, it can very depending on where your at. Alot of company’s where I’m at will screw you on vacation time when you quit employment. Cross the state line though they are required to pay you for unused vacation time when you quit. Its a cluster duck over here.
In my opinion the smart thing for funcom to do would have been let its ppl take there vacation and take the us team and have them fill in and work on patches and bugs in the mean time. Letting a game sit so unpolished and broken for 3 weeks is a very dangerous move to the survival of there game. Especially after releasing the game before it should of been out of beta.

1 Like

This is what I was trying to say, not sure what people are going back and forth about.

Here you go. There words not mine. And even though you are from Sweeden if the company has a base in The US they cant go around US labor laws. You pay taxes in America right? Then you use American labor laws.

http://www.alistdaily.com/media/funcom-names-head-of-north-carolina-live-studio/

And you are working in Sweden right? Not America. So you are working in Sweden for an American company? If so then that is exactly what I am saying. You cant go around the country where you are working labor laws. Another words they dont have to be off in America.

2 Likes

The real question though is does their American branch have anything to do with the Dev work of Conan Exiles, and if so do they have the info they need to fix the bugs…

I could see from a busness perspective where if it would take a month to transfer all the needed information and get the Americain branch up to speed on where the game is at why they’d rather just save on the money and resources and wait for the guys who already know what they’re doing to get back from vacation. (My only criticism is that they did not anticipate the bugs with the small patch they released before the mother of all patches and schedual things so that any nessisary hotfixes that they might need to do to keep the game running wasn’t cutting into the government mandated vacation time of the people who are responsible to delivering this.)

TLDR; The management screwed up and should have some understanding of when their workers will be available, when you might need someone to fix a problem that could crop up with an update, which employees you need to fix potential problems and then scheduled the releases of updates around that. (Or in other-words don’t release a patch when you know the guy you need to fix it if something goes wrong won’t be available to fix it in a timely manner.)

Anyways I do hope they don’t loose too much sleep over this because their bosses wrote up a crappy release schedule for them to stick to.

3 Likes

Hothix out now, with a shiptload of fixes.

Did you survive this long guys? It was terrible ehhh!

Well not for me, was playing till they announced official servers down for patch xD

how about we fix the issues that have been happening on offical 1930, been 2 months over 42 threads, 60 players have quit and we keep getting promise after promise. Now they continue to exploit and nothing. Everyone deserves a holiday but atleast keep your word please. Tired of good people leaving…I rather be told nothing then promised over and over and not coming through.

3 Likes

A month to transfer all of needed information over to the American branch? Yeah like what was posted in that article I posted from them about their American branch is that they are there to support the Norway team. ANd I am pretty sure they knew well ahead of time that they would be off for the summer. THey could have sent them everything a month ago. Horrible management is what it is.

1 Like

This is pretty much me in a nutshell.

Your right there isn’t many x box players left,and when Red dead and fallout hit the market there won’t be any left.

2 Likes

Kinda a big issue when a conflict server changes to full pvp and theres no one there to fix it. Xbox servers were already dying due to constant crashing and bugs, but to log in to your conflict server where you were meant to be safe and find your base destroyed and ALL of your stuff gone is just going to insure people dont play this game. Also purges are apparently not a thing on xbox as the clan thats been going around destroying other peoples bases and taking their stuff, has several massive as sht bases around the map (which is causing so much lag for everyone else), one of them being made completely out of black ice… because you know, they sort of have everyone elses sht and thralls now… on a server you weren’t even meant to be able to raid on…

edit: official server 2970 would be the main one i’m talking about.
edit 2: It was also the only Australian conflict server, now there’s none.

How about give me a ps4 refund for my 2 copies I bought. Fix the game and let me decide if it’s worth my time and money…

Funcom strike 3. They had anarchy online server wipes week one, a first for the mmo industry. Then came the unfinished mmo age of Conan. Now Conan exiles with out Conan and massive lag and bugs on ps4.

Maybe it’s my fault. Never again.

3 Likes