Funcom why is this allowed?

Exactly. Bulid restrictions like this should only be placed on PvE or PvE-C servers.

3 Likes

That passage doesnā€™t lead anywhere.

Its a 60ā€™ drop off on the other side into the sand.

OP, that block, despite not removable by you as you play pve-c, is not blocking any valuable resource, dungeon, trainer, recipeā€¦

You donā€™t really help players or funcom reporting this things. In my pve server I have seen much crazier blocks ( https://imgur.com/a/7bbhyVq for example but there are even more and worse xD) as lots of players ended up with block wars among them.

We do even have a player trying to block whole salt lakes with walls, I had some blocking a whole river, preventing you from climbing or carring a thrall, or blocking the jungle ruins (screenshot included) which made you take just a 15-20 mins detour, or one mad player, that has encircled another playerā€™s base, and is now making a huge wall under the aqueduct (screenshot included too).

I myself reported a huge jungle block almost 1 week after release, and Funcom did nothing, plus I didnā€™t really know what to ask.

Now we have no build areas in obelisks, dungeon entrances and many other key places.

They cant really make no build areas in non key locations, or huge open areas like those on screens.

I dont have the solution, and I hate people that blocks for pure griefing, like some I have on my official server.

But I know what you reported is a joke, that harms nobody, and doesnt really help regarding the block issue, as you made it sound as ridiculous as it is.

What is in there that you need?
What resource is not accessible to you?
What key route is 100% blocked?

Sorry but that particular location is a big nothingburger.
Its not even built to resist a purge either.

1 Like

Iā€™ve sieged a base built like that in there before. Its a death trap for those inside.

1 Like

Nothing, I just went there again on my server and its a tiny tunnel, the way around is literally 5 meters to the right and not even 10 seconds of time is lost going around. OP is just whining.

3 Likes

Maybe use your head before building, no? Thatā€™s what itā€™s for, your ā€œdefenseā€ doesnā€™t justify blocking the way of passages and the like.

1 Like

it is whine from pve players but pvp will got all ā€˜fixesā€™ as well
@Spynosaur_Nicole for the record - pvp ppl have NO problem with this ā€˜issueā€™

So we need to have 2 different maps for pvp and pve servers

Server 1522 had tradtionally been very chill about this kind of things ā€“ when itā€™s PvE, whatā€™s your incentive to try to wall people off from a resource? Somebody came through today and walled off all of the approaches to the Black Galleon.

When thereā€™s no repercussions, people donā€™t give a crap and troll.

I have no problem if they block something like the op showed, but the place I mentioned would ruin my base which is on an island. I need to go trough the tunnel and then on the stone bridge to reach black galleon else Iā€™d have to make a huge reroute which doesnā€™t make it worthwhile.

Actually looks pretty cool from the screenshotsā€¦I mean if it were hindering something of note I would understand why you would be upset.

Without requiring a change of map, I think The Purge at full effect would help with this issue. And I do believe it is an issue on PVE, but this OP is not a good example of it. :thinking:

If the developers would code thoroughfares into the game, including passages, tunnels, crevices and the like * ā€“ once selected as a server setting ā€“ we would know these zones were especially targeted by The Purge. Any player building a home in these areas would be at greater risk for attack, but players blocking entire passageways could almost be ensured destruction at some point. PVP players donā€™t care, and itā€™s one of the best/most annoying parts of the game TBH: as a solo, how can I starve the Alpha if I canā€™t divide his men? :smiley:

* Secondary benefit is AI pathing could be improved/hardmapped/terrained. I know of at least a dozen highways or thoroughfares that could be easily identified and mapped, many others know even more and would be willing (Iā€™m sure) to contribute to this with in-game coordinates.

1 Like

Are you sure this is wise and not exploitable? It sounds like i could just throw some junk foundation pieces or a small 4x4 house in one of these Transversal Zones, and whenever purged i know my real bases would be safe, or at least safer. And I could always rebuild the structure of it is destroyed during the purge.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great observation, and let me tell you what Iā€™ve already discovered. I was getting purged to death on my Launch PVP server, but I pressed on and decided to build a horizontal elevator to connect to an NPC Tower near DesertWatch. When the purge hit (again) the skeletons focused their attention way down below at the pillar foundations, leaving my tower on the high plateau above untouched. Itā€™s been a while because I no longer build in bad Purge zones, but I think you can still build your 4x4s and divert the flow, just make them two elevatorsā€™ distances away at least!

I had seen something similar on our server. A clan mate built 3 small foundation sets of 6 sand stone wedge foundations for a tower building she wanted that would look into the dragonā€™s mouth leading to the volcano. She liked the view.

Despite the size of our main castle, several purges only attacked that set of foundations. Not all seemed to behave this way and some did strike elsewhere. Still, the purge does seem to favor attacking areas where you would face a stronger purge.

Given that, if you then added a preference for Transversal Zones as well, it would probably easy to avoid most purges by building small decoy structures in transversal zones or up north.

My post was predicated on The Purge working fully, so it is a little bit squirmy what Iā€™m continuing to say. But as it is all speculative, making The Purge select thoroughfares preferentially over all other locs is a bad idea for the exploitable ways you mention. Making The Purge still choose its regular 1/24 targets, while independently selecting Transversal Zones for another shuffle, might really spice things up. Like Purge-o-Rooter.

This complaint is ridiculous, building there is perfectly fineā€¦

nothing wrong with building here, there are however some places that do matter, for example you can block the spawn of the lvll 4 alchemists in the volcano aswell as build all around the volcano obelisk.

What ifā€¦ (just an idea), like @Barnes saidā€¦ you map walkable corridors on the map, call it Roads or whatever, and make those priority for the AI to walk (Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion had something similar to this).

If you make those in a way theyā€™re sufficient to go from any point in the map to any other points, then you can launch an AI test probe that walks those roads and checks for blockagesā€¦ if they find one, the server just spawns a high priority purge at diff 6 targetting that blockage, whatever it isā€¦

A purge that doesnā€™t stop until the AI probe can pass thru and there isnā€™t any owned blocks (claim) in the vicinity anymore.

That way, maybe one clan can block stuff for a day or twoā€¦ but there will always be a defense mechanism in the server to remove it.

Then you can prioritize map sections/spots according to importanceā€¦ for example, give the obelisks and quests targets a higher priority than anythingā€¦ next would be mayor roadblocks that could be easily blocked (i.e. thru-passes, caves, canyons, etc.) and so on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.