Funcom you might want to get a Major update before May

, ,

Personally I’m waiting for Cyberpunk (well duh), Necromunda and Bannerlord. The latter two seem to be in some sort of development hell though, so I’m not really actively following them at the moment.

1 Like

For me, I am waiting patiently for the Resident Evil 3 remake on 3rd April. A ground up remake on my absolute favourite game of all time…and I do mean EVER!! :drooling_face: I cant wait to play it. Especially after the ouststanding job Capcom did with REmake 2. Anyway I should stop going on about it, otherwise Im going to have to get up and flip over the coffee table in excitement. :smiling_imp: :metal:

I don’t know about this ‘‘wasteland 3’’, but New World seems to be gathering a lot of hype, and seems to be a conan/rust/ark type of game.

One pattern i’ve noticed is that all of these 3 games are developed by rather small teams, and the project is too big for them. Like it or not, CE is not free from this issue.

Don’t you guys think that with proper budget and a decent team everyone would carry over to that game instead?

1 Like

Madden '21 comes out in August. So we better get a Barbarian Bowl patch or Conan Exiles is in trouble.

2 Likes

I’m waiting Crusader Kings 3 and running my own private Conan servers as soon as the new map comes out, its going to be great year !

Ironically, the only WoW Killer for me, was WoW itself.

8 Likes

If we’re still talking about New World, I would say that both the budget and the team should be quite decent. At least, they were 2+ years ago. The budget should still be good. The team depends on whether Amazon’s internal politics screwed up the workplace or not.

I’m looking forward to New World a lot, because it looked like tons of fun back then. Unfortunately, even if the budget and the team are both excellent, the tech can still screw things up royally. I’m no expert, by any means, but I really didn’t like Lumberyard at all. Who knows, maybe it’s all much better now.

2 Likes

Wasteland 3 is an X-com type turn based strategy game, I can’t really see what it has to do with survival genre. And “New World” is going to flop so hard I can already hear the tumbling sound, 30 bucks of game plus 10-15 bucks montly sub plus in game cosmetic microtransactions for real money, “consensual pvp where you cannot loot enemy corpses”, faction wars where you have to get 50 players on 2 factions in one week and then it starts 3 days after. I’d rather play Conan Exiles and Rust. Real survival game, heck I’d even rather play 7 days to die rather than new world.

Citation needed and much appreciated. All the info I have so far is that it’s buy-to-play, like Conan Exiles. If you have reliable info to the contrary, I need to cancel my preorder ASAP.

Honestly i didn’t play the game, so for me, from outside, looks very promissing.

My only concern is how will they monetize it. I’m always thinking that when big companies start making games, they will somehow mess it up by milking it dry. But who knows, i’m looking forward to it!

That’s my concern too. “Back then”, the monetization strategy for AGS in general, as I understood it, was to attract devs to Lumberyard and AWS. But I’m concerned that it might have changed and that they’ll try to aggressively push Prime on the players. I sure hope that’s not the case.

2 Likes

I searched and found they switched from 30 buck+subscription to 40 bucks for life. Ok I might be interested now.

1 Like

Its a Slippery slope. Make an amazing game that will garner hundreds of thousands of players, and the chance of big companies turning it into a cash grab are immense. Amazon didn’t join the race simply to contribute to the gamer culture.

Make a mediocre game and it stops being supported, it doesn’t bring enough profit comparted to the effort invested.

Its funny because while i previously mentioned that i’m looking forward to the game, i’m also very pessimistic about modern gaming overall.

1 Like

They are already doing it, they catered at the minority of alpha tester who are also influencers and decided to turn pvp into a carebear kindergarden. It’s going to flop.
Just as funcom decided to eliminate blitz gamemode and added “raid time” instead.

didn’t they eliminate it because it wasn’t popular?

Well the comunity that was build around those server was never asked or enganged into a conversation, I can assure you I knew everyone who played blitz, if I recall correctly it was 8 or something like that, we would switch servers and shuffles ourself between clans, best time i had and best frienemy I made. We could have at least been asked, it could have all been make in to one server. IMHO.
The thing that pissed me off at that time is that we where just told they where going to be shut down and there was no engagment with us. In italy we say “eat this soup or jump out the window”, it actually ryme in italian xD, and the blitz comunity felt apart and went on to other games, I still meet some of them on rust.

CORRECTION: with 8 i mean servers, not people playing blitz.

A kindred spirit, how far did you get? Mist of Pandaria was the end for me, but the disillusionment started in cataclysm.

1 Like

I actually made it all the way to BfA. Then my guild fell apart as my friends got bored. I’d agree that my initial disillusionment also started back in Cata.

1 Like

Hey people,

Don’t forget Conan Chop Chop is coming sometime Q2 2020 as well!
Another contender to the ultra-realistic, hyper-violent barbarian simulator throne!

14 Likes

Conan Chop Chop that is like a kiddie game right, stick figures and little people playing warrior or is it for us grown ups and just looks like a kiddie game? I am confused when I look at it as looks like something my 10 year old grand son might enjoy.

3 Likes