I meant that all posts on various threads that he enters, are always defending funcom no matter what.
I can say that they made a beautiful game, with a great idea and a really good story, especially because it is a survival where people don’t usually care much for the story, but even so the story of conan exile is very good and connects perfectly with the Conan settings.
And all this with a team and probably a much smaller budget than the big AAA games.
Bugs are expected in any game, especially in the open world and even more so when you have PvP. And because of the competition, players will explore until the last bug that exists.
From my perspective, the biggest problems I see from Funcom with the game Conan Exiles and from what I’ve heard, with other titles as well:
1- The delay in fixing game-breaking bugs that have already been hard exposed in the community. Some are ridiculous and easy to fix and they take months, even though the bug has been reported numerous times, there are videos on youtube and so on.
- they should take into consideration that the loss in that game is something harmful. Players spend weeks, months collecting resources, building, learning, etc., to suddenly lose everything in 1 day due to a simple bug.
** Ex: The last full 50 / server crash bug, had already been reported about 2 months ago … there are videos on youtube with that same age and the bug was only partially fixed last week.
*** Ex2: Whoever plays this game on the console, still lives with absurd bugs that have been fixed for months on the PC, such as the food stack in the thralls.
Can you imagine starting to play the game now and notice this neglect?
2- The difficulty that designers have in having a defined focus on what they want from the game and creating an appropriate balance.
When I speak of proper balancing, several questions arise:
- Balancing pvp: different weapons should be useful, following different purposes, as well as armors.
- Instakilling someone shouldn’t happen if both ppl are using end-game build/gear, does not allow counter-play, which makes the game a frustrating experience for any kind of player (imagine you farm your legendary weapons, armors for days and them comes a knight and kills you with only 1 hit you.
- When the community begins to complain about something unbalanced, funcom’s tendency has always been to nerf a certain item or style to the ground, instead of trying to bring everyone to the same level.
- Added mounts that completely changed PvP and shortly thereafter due to the PvE mode, they allowed the player to walk with a thrall next to the mount, which caused it to unbalance PvP even more.
The game used to be much more based on skillplay, perseverance and hours of play than zerg and gear check as it is today.
This from the point of view of the game design is very negative … even beginners complain about it.
3- The third problem I would say was the neglect with the official servers, which despite being the gateway for new players, were nobody’s territories, without laws. Nowadays this has been changing very fast, so congratulations (I myself have been banned for using bug).
I imagine that this intervention is laborious and requires a lot of attention to check each report.
4- And finally, the extreme lack of clarity and the various stealth changes that happen in the updates.
For example in the last Update (01-06-2021) they did not list anywhere and even before that, the devs / comm managers had said that some changes were not planned and etc.
and yet SEVERAL weapons were nerfed, penetration oil was nerfed, as well as spiked fitting as well as other things. all of this without even having documentation about it.
*** Honorable mention (This complaint does not have as much impact as the previous ones, but it could still be something to be worked on)
The lack of clarity about some ingame information like:
- The damage multipliers of weapon combos (which makes it difficult for players to know the true impact of their weapons in combat).
- Thrall hidden damage multipliers
- And several other small pieces of information that you can’t get anywhere except through DevKit.