Future Potential

Some people drift between RP, RP-PvP, or PvP. I’m happy when there are options for RP within PvP, such as when I can decorate my bases to look menacing, do some emotes, or give my buildings a ‘theme’. Loose RP is great for downtime.

It’s tough for developers to figure out the ‘right’ path to satisfy the fans, while not just paying attention to the loudest voices. There are lots of people who are relatively happy with the game, and not motivated enough to speak up or argue for about the things that they want. I feel like a poll is great for figuring out peoples’ true opinions, as it is pretty easily accessible for even people who are just cruising along, relatively happy with the game. I would love to vote in another ‘release roadmap’ poll, to give some more feedback about the sorts of things I’m interested in.

But at the same time, game designers are professionals at figuring out what is fun in a game, and providing that to players. They’ll want some insight into how certain mechanics work, but by and large, they’re capable of figuring out most of the decisions themselves.

PvE is fun for the first little while, but PvP provides a lot of the end-game content. Maybe this will change with the purge system, though. Players will need to defend their bases, gather new thralls as the old ones are killed, and put more thought into how and where they build their PvE bases.

1 Like

The purge system with some AI contributions would keep the downtime more interesting for sure. Not sure about polls though. It is still the same voices that are on the forums that are voting I would think. I like the RP aspect of the game because I like immersion with my PvP, but PvE aspects of the game usually do not mix well with PvP. They usually want safe zones or battlegrounds instead of open world PvP and seperate servers that divide the community and no loss for dying (nothing to take away from their progression).

They’ve talked about adding in spawn options for after you die, where you can choose:

• Spawn at your bedroll
  • Spawn at your bed
  • Spawn at the desert

This is already in the test live servers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though that doesnt work for me correctly. Bedroll still gets priority. I have to die three times until I can “choose” my destination, which is rather bad.