Game crashed after installing new DLC

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Crash, fatal error message
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

I just got the newest DLC and while playing the game crashed, a fatal error message came up and now the game will not load, I click the play button and the Bullseye launcher comes up but the game never starts. I do have some mods but I’ve been using them for a while now and the game has never crashed. I checked the integrity of my game files through steam and everything seems to be fine but the game still will not load. This has never happened before so I’m guessing it has something to do with the new DLC.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

New content drives the modders a bit bonkers. Base game changes and the modders pull their hair out trying frantically to accommodate the changes. I would say hats off to them, but they are hatless so they can get to their hair.

It’s most likely not the DLC, but the massive base game changes that modders have yet to compensate for. They need time.

May I suggest you save the two folders, Save and Config, off to the side, dismiss all mods and start a new game? If you still get the crash, we have a problem and I suggest you validate your local files. Note that your new game will still have the new content and the DLC.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards

jim

1 Like

So I did the things you mentioned and it either crashed or wouldn’t load at all, but then I realized that every time the box indicating that Battle eye was not loading that the game would not load at all, I wondered why Battleye was failing to load when I played solo, so I found that battleye was installed and uninstalled it and every thing works fine now. I did delete all the mods I was using and probably won’t reinstall them.

Thanks for the help, I wouldn’t have noticed the Battleye error or that somehow it had been installed on my computer, without the direction you showed me.

1 Like

So I guess I spoke to soon, the game is doing the same thing today.

I took a few months off from this game a while back because of the constant problems, I see that some things never change, it just seems odd that every time they put out new content some new problem pops up that makes the game unplayable. I’m glad the DLC’s are relatively cheap or else I would be really mad right now. I guess I’ll take another few months off until they fix the current problems and then try again.

Hey @BigSarg

If playing with mods, it’s highly likely the game stability will be affected right after a big content update.We’d recommend unsubscribing from any mods and deleting the Workshop folder to avoid further compatibility issues until each mod is brought up to date with the latest version.
There is also a current issue affecting one of the components needed for most mods which could cause further incompatibilities but our team is looking into it.

Yea I deleted all the mods I was using and it didn’t seem to make any difference, but I think there was another update and it seemed to fix the problem because the game is working fine now, I’m still not using any mods, they don’t seem to be very reliable. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.