Game currupting itself after playing for a few hours

Game mode: All
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance]
Region: [NA]

My game keeps currupting itself after a few hours of gameplay. After about 4 hours of playing the game it crashes and ether kicks me to the xbox dashboard when im playing in single player, or kicks me to the main menu when im playing multiplayer. The next time i reach the Main menu (ether after booting the game back up or after I fully disconnect from the server) it tells me my game is currupted and to prevent any more issues I would need to reintall the game. This has been going on for a week now and every time after my game crashes it is currupted when I boot it back up without fail. I have reinstalled the game 5 times now using different internet sources every time in case it is getting currupted durring installation.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play game for a few hours on an xbox
  2. Let game crash
  3. Get to main menu

The message that you’re getting is bogus, you can ignore it. You don’t need to reinstall, and as you’ve discovered, reinstalling doesn’t prevent it from happening again.

The crashes, on the other hand, you’ll have to learn to live with those for now. It’s been going on for months, and so far they haven’t provided any real solutions. Just a “we’re sorry for the frustration, we’re working on it” post every few weeks.

When it comes to the crashes, the more you zone (teleport), the faster you’ll crash. But even if you just stay in one place and run around, you eventually will crash after a few hours. There’s no getting around it, there’s nothing you can do on your end to prevent it.

One quasi-helpful thing I’ll note is that if you start seeing “washed out” (low res) textures being displayed and it significantly reduces your LoD (for example, mountains in the distance that you would normally see start disappearing), that’s your cue to logout and completely restart the game. It’s the surest sign that you’re going to be visiting the dashboard, soon.

1 Like

Ok cool. The crash thing has been part of the game since the beta so im use to that, just not the crash msg.

Just so you’re aware, the crashes are different than the inventory crashes, or the crashes that occur when there’s too many corpses on the ground. You can literally do absolutely nothing except walk in a circle around your base, and you will eventually crash.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.