Game deletes itself every so often

I agree, but that still doesn’t make “get better internet” a proper fix for the problem :see_no_evil:

Perhaps, rather than discussing ISP data plans or physical discs (which are kinda hard to keep up to date unless the idea is that the game company ships out a new disc for every ptch - not realistic) or how stupid and inconsiderate other posters are, we should focus on the real question:

What makes Conan Exiles on this particular user’s Xbox break and force a reinstall every time? And how to fix it?

Is this a common occurrence with Xbox users, or unique to this one user? If others have encountered the issue, have they found a fix and how did they accomplish it? @seanaza01 Can you provide a more detailed description of your “Been there”, in case the OP would find help there?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Well, I hope you are better in shaping woods then Funcom actually is in providing customer service.

So there is a couple possible issues at play here.

First one is bad internet support. Sorry but having internet capped at such a low amount of data is just not conducive to playing video games like this. The issue there isn’t that they are trying to play Conan Exiles, but trying to run an Xbox that requires an internet connection for proper troubleshooting of the games they wish to play on a metered connection.

Second is we don’t know if his hardware is malfunctioning. We could be seeing bad sectors on a disc, which would explain needing to reset their Xbox.

Third, it is a known issue that Conan Exiles has problems on the Xbox that have not been resolved. Instead of trying to play in a buggy state, chalk it up as a loss and wait for those issues to be resolved. I mean I understand frustrations, but why add more frustration on top of that? I would recommend getting the new Xbox when it comes out. The Xbox One is an underpowered system for Conan. Hell my PC I originally bought CE for is now underpowered and it had a GTX970 in it.

The OP has neither the hardware, the internet connection, nor the basic knowledge of troubleshooting to play certain video games. I’d recommend he go to a Nintendo Switch and stick with non-online games. That system to my knowledge doesn’t require an internet connection.

1 Like

If he wants to pay for the data when he plays, that’s his thing… Who cares… I played a bunch of online games over my mobile internet. Works fine. Also CE.

He wouldn’t have made a post complaining about it and saying he doesn’t want to if this was the case lol.

I love when people know what other people actually mean… Who cares what they actually wrote about, when we have people like you who knows the real problems and answers… We might as well just close down the forum and make it your blog, since you know peoples thoughts so well :rofl: :see_no_evil:

Ever thought that maybe your Xbox is jacked?

Agreed I used to have data caps (I lived in the middle of nowhere for a few months.) The only internet was horrible.

I had to stop playing call of duty because of the 95gig updates. So I can relate my argument is not about getting better internet but the fact the OP has no self-control over jacking up his own isp bill.

This is a no-brainer just stop playing if its broke. We all made bad game purchases. I paid $80 for Fallout 76 day one. Played it for a week then never looked back. I didnt go on Bethesda site and rage out. I just blamed myself…

however, this again sounds like a Xbox system issue whether or not the OP wants to believe that. No one else is having this issue if you do a search on the forums.

This game is addictive like a drug he will keep redownloading it lol

How full is your hard drive…would that be doing something :question: Just asking. I have no idea but just throwin this out there, lol.

Can always tell with some people what they want to do, or are doing when they accuse others of doing it. I’m just going off what the guy has said, you’ve been going off tangents and hypotheticals.

But lets see which one of us is right. @tonyh1977 Do you like paying for metered Internet, or would you prefer unlimited if it were available?

For some reason, he thinks you don’t mind paying the overages. I’m a bit dubious given what you’ve said so far. But help us put this argument to rest.

Hopefully Elon Musk makes good on the promises for Starlink. Then almost everyone on the planet will have a serious high bandwidth option.

Did you even consider he might be playing SP? :see_no_evil:

So if the game didn’t implode there’s no data use…

No, you just decided in your mind what the real story is and decided everybody else is wrong.

You’re grasping at straws.

Moved thread to its appropriate category and renamed it to be more of a conversation starter and less of a threat.

Not related to Conan Exiles specifically, but I have had this happen with other Xbox app games for Windows 10.

Something glitches with the Xbox subscription service and the Xbox app “invalidates” whatever game you’re trying to play. Even when you get it sorted out you have to redownload the full game in its entirety. (Had this happen with Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, No Man’s Sky, ect…)

The Xbox gaming software sucks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.