Game dosen't start

Thanks dude! Noticed the trend with 11th gen intel as well, glad someone found a viable solution!! Worked for me!!!

1 Like

Ok, so i got issue, maybe its related about intel 11th gen processor i got 11900k and rtx2080ti on board.
Couldnt start game yesterday and cant start after today patch as well.
Problem with claiming twitch drops its that you can only link account from game menu with one loads of us cant start. Its honestly unfair that we cant claim drops and even cant play game…

Start from launcher and from binarier not working, even with and without battleeye.

Thanks man, this fixed the issue for me as well! Tried everything above, also on 11thgen 11700! Happy Gaming :grinning:

It works thanks so much

Thanks SekenaK, you’re the best!!!

Thank you, it works for me ! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :heart:

Hello everyone and thank you so much for being patient with us.

This issue should now be fixed :blush:
If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.

i dont know if the work arround or the funcom guys fixing it but now it works so thank you everyone

The issue is still not fixed, I don’t think i have ever met a company with a decent game and yet at every turn manage to ruin it. My game worked perfectly fine at the begining of the week and have verified my game multiple times. What ever was done with the last update did nothing but ruin the game further can’t even get the game to start from the launcher

Edit: Launched the game frome the .exe and it says that online servers are unavaliable at this point it is sad i was playing the game for multiple weeks with no issues until the recent update. Test and fix your game no reason I am paying money for a private server when I can’t even play on it

It looks like this error happened a few years ago with the Epic Launcher as well (because of something with UE4) and for some intel processors. The workaround was exactly what you pointed out, the env var OPENSSL_ia32cap.

Thanks SelinaK, tested it and it’s working now o>

OMG. I LOVE YOU BABYDOLL!!! AHHH! IT WORKED!

You’re a ■■■■■■■ wizard!!!

So my system works just fine and updated properly. My wife’s system on the other hand is re-installing currently. I had Steam try to verify the files and it keeps getting a corrupt download. Each time, there are files that failed the verification. I’ve tried with and without antivirus. I was hoping to have some downtime with my wife slaying monsters and collecting thralls, but here I am trying to troubleshoot why her system is broken and mine isn’t. I’m sorry to say it but trying to troubleshoot your game and flawed update process shouldn’t be MY job. Every single update brings issues for her system but not mine. The only difference is I’ve got an Intel processor and she’s got an AMD processor. I don’t have the money to just go out and buy a new motherboard and processor to support your codebase.

I’ve been having the issue all evening; verified, patched, rekajiggered mods, relaunched steam, rebooted pc, checked AV, nothing’s been successful. “Launches,” then runs as if it’s going to start the trailer, but it just closes, no fatal error or any other sort of message. Launching from the exe gets an error message that’s been reported above.

I’d like to attempt the ‘fix’ listed above as I do have an intel 11th gen, but I don’t feel comfortable tweaking files in my advanced system settings and was hoping for some -actual- fix that didn’t require me messing with variables on my own pc.

Blockquote I’d like to attempt the ‘fix’ listed above as I do have an intel 11th gen, but I don’t feel comfortable tweaking files in my advanced system settings […]

I can fully understand why you are hesitant, but this fix/workaround is even suggested by Intel themselves as you can see here. So it should be perfectly safe to use. If you follow the link I posted it will explain exactly how it works (and why there is a problem in the first place).

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated. Being able to read it from the source is a lot more comforting; I didn’t come across it when I was digging and for whatever reason didn’t think to check with Intel themselves. “Get this woman a shield!”

Not fixed here. Game is up to date. Game files verified in Steam.
Also have an intel i5-11400F cpu and AMD RX 480 gpu.
After clicking on launch or continue from the launcher the circle spins for a minute and then the launcher disappears. No error window is displayed. Had to look in event viewer to get these:

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ff67e794fa3
Faulting process id: 0x468c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d754b7ce8aeb41
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 6ee58ee2-1b75-4b9e-b092-1f2ad8ecb751
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: ConanSandbox.exe, version: 4.15.3.0, time stamp: 0x60ae7f74
Faulting module name: ConanSandbox.exe, version: 4.15.3.0, time stamp: 0x60ae7f74
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014fa3
Faulting process id: 0x52dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d754b3d7737be6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox.exe
Report Id: 25268800-3d46-43e4-b27e-24b063142efd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I think that is a different error from the one where the game client doesnt even come up. I didnt have this particular error myself, but in some cases this can be related to Full screen optimisations in Windows 10.

Try this:

1. Navigate to your game directory. at -steam library-\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64
  2. Right click on ConanSandbox.exe and choose from the context menu “Properties”
  3. Go to Compatibility and check “Deactive Full Screen Optimisation”
  4. Press Okay to save your change

Now try to start again. Fingers crossed that it will help, but no promises as I cannot check on my end.

If it doesn’t help you can just follow the above instructions and uncheck it again.

Still not fixed for me and the fix from SelinaK didn’t work either.

1 Like

same problem for me solution doesnt work for me too…lets hope there will be a solution soon :frowning: