Game freeze when opening the Inventory

I too am having this bug from the start of the game. When inventory is open (no matter which page) the game freezes after ~30 seconds, and wont close untill forced from task manager.

I have gtx 980ti and FX-8350

edit #1: also noticing that alt-tabbing crashes the game too…
edit #2: got to the cabin, fought the 2 dudes and the reinforces, got into cinematic scene and the game froze like with inventory. fps drops rapidly untill its at <1 fps and after few minutes game crashes.
edit #3: okay the cinematic scene kills the game and is impossible to skip. this far the game looks great but now i cant play untill the bug gets fixed :sob:

Seems to happen for everyone with a FX 8350.
also after alt tabbing it is REALLY slow to get back in the game.

The developers absolutely care, but they have been having trouble reproducing this particular crash. That, unfortunately, means that it takes a bit more time to fix an issue. They are working on it, so please be patient :slight_smile:

Are everyone in this thread running FX8350’s? If so that definitely gives them something to go after, so please let us know what type of hardware you’re sitting on!

1 Like

I also have a FX-8350 and also such problems in the inventory / mutations and in the cinematic scenes

1 Like

I am running a GTX 1070 and I am getting this error

Same for me.

AMD 8320 8core
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
8GM RAM

Running amd fx-6300.
The Drm used has been known to make games unplayable on amd cpus

That would be funny, especially since the game itself have an AMD logo at the start load screens :slight_smile:

Ther have been alot of negative posts about Denuvo on steam. And personally I find it a rather pointless system for game companies to use. More potential problems than what it is worth and it does not increase the game sales.

Thank you everyone for providing us with your hardware details. :slight_smile:

From what we can tell it’s a compatibility issue with pre-Ryzen hardware. We don’t want to exclude pre-Ryzen processors, but the internal machines used for playtesting and QA had newer processors. The developers are working on gathering the hardware needed to reproduce the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok i get this bug as well. I did turn the amibient sound to zero in the options and it seemed to fix the issue until i hit a cutscene where the game froze. the dialog still played completely but had a staticy broken sound and the longer it went the slower the sound became. As well, seeming i have not seen this listed yet, i do run my system via a hdmi cord from my graphics card. thus i am getting both video and sound from a singular point.

processor AMD fx 8320
16 gb ram
geforce gtx 1050 ti

Also having crash-issues when alt-tabing and in the cut-scene when reading Hammonds notes.

Inter i7 930 2.8Ghz 8 core
12 Gb ram
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

processor AMD fx 6100
16 gb ram
geforce gtx 1050 ti

when I enter the open inventory my game crashes and fps goes to 0 and the game crash afterwards.
Every time you enter the inventory happens that.

8370 here w/ a 1080 for gfx.
Verifying cache seems to resolve it temporarily, but after 30 mins to an hour it comes back.

Same problem here. Running on a FX-8150. Everytime I open the inventory, it slows down the game, subsequently crashing it.

hello,

disable Tutorial in option setup,

good game…

Still not working. -.-

For me, the game does not even start anymore. Before that, at least it was about to start.
and the errors in the menu inventory are still there.
Processor AMD FX 8350
32gb ram
Asus 7970 / CrossfireX

Hi folks,
First, I particuraly enjoy the game. I made a lot of RPG game on table and the atmosphere is really excited.

but I got this issue too, running nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.
It’s not all the time and seems not to appear in all games area.
good luck

Hi. How long to wait for the results? I have a game and I cannot play it because of bugs.

Hi guys, did you see this thread?
https://forums.funcom.com/t/updated-sound-stutter-and-game-freeze-at-hammons-cabin/

This might help you until we get a full patch out in the next couple of days.

Thanks!
/Mark