Game is dead! FUNCOM try to save it!

I feel like pvp is intense cause you gotta protect your base for raid time, makes it fun . They just need a way to make alll current/past/future players want to continue playing. Not sure how they can do that but I feel it’s just a pop thing for pvp servers. It fluctuates in a bad way there’s only a couple of populated servers to choose from which makes it kind of boring . In the sense you’ll most likely be playing players that are extremely experienced or extremely nooby. There’s no in between . They just need a way to have so much new pop that new players can learn by them sleeves with out getting wiped so damn quick. Also just the grind after being wiped makes the game like work after work and very tedious at times. They have to make it a way thats it’s more fun. THEY NEED different type of official servers with no admins . I know some admins can be great but I’m no fan of privates. You just can never know

Buying DLC ​​is a way to support the developers not to leave CONAN, and I support that despite the countless bugs and bugs they keep working on it.

5 Likes

Is it even on sale right now for PlayStation?? Like they should be trying to make it free for ps plus members for some advertising purposes and people to try or at least for Black Friday make base game dumb cheap like I mean dumb dumb so we can get this population up!

But the toxicity in game needs to be addressed or those players that jump on board leave quickly. In my tenure of playing the game…the machismo alpha stereotype has gotten worse not better and these are the players that have 30 some members across multiple servers that converge on the poor guy/gal that dares to challenge them…and they do so usually with vulgarity and sexual harrassment. If these players are still the dominating force on the officials, the game will die as the reputation of the game continues to go negative…so all you have is a handful of clans fighting eachother in cage matches and no new players…no new players mean no new revenue and the servers start shutting down. The reason why PvE is catered to more than PVP is because they are paying customers for DLCs. If you are a toxic PVPer…you got the base game (probably from two years ago on the PS plus) and probably haven’t put a dime into it. then you go and show everyone that they were fools to spend money on aesthetics and wipe them from the server…if the players don’t understand or refuse to accept the responsibility of being agents for Funcom and promote the business and community it has generated…then the game dies and all of those players move on leaving the rest of us that actually invested into this with nothing be memories.

7 Likes

I’ll say a lot of what you said is true but pvp players like myself have bought all dlcs because they re essential for PVP builds you need certain armours from dlc for pvp instead of finding feats/armourers to get certain armour. It made it less labour. Literally my old clan all of us had all the dlcs and that was 20+ of us . I’d say we were slightly part of the problem but we always let newbies do their thing and let them have fun. We never raided noobs cause it was never any fun we waited for the grinders to raid people.

Pvp is the real conan to be honest . It’s hard it’s gritty. You never know what’s going to happen . Lots of wars that made the game fun. Like to be honest pve is mad boring: there is barley any story line…. Grind to do what look at your castle that you’ll never defend? Lvl up thralls to just watch them kill things? To me that’s boring I want my thralls to murk a dude while I’m raiding his base. You don’t have to necessarily wipe them. You can just scare them make them come out to pvp have fun. But what happens it to many egos play a part in being wiped. People talk pooo then get butt hurt and try too hard. Classic times is when you scare a clan of 10 to come out and fight your clan of 10

1 Like

No, it’s not. It’s one aspect of Conan. That is all. There is no “real” Conan Exiles. PvP, PvE-C, PvE and Offline Solo are all equally valid and to claim otherwise is utterly ignorant.

That is your opinion. There are hundreds if not thousands of PvE players that would completely disagree with you.

What exactly is so fun about raiding a clan that is offline? What exactly is so fun about spamming foundations all over the map just to prevent people from putting down a treb? Where is the “fun” in any of that? You see, the same thing can be said about your preferred mode of gameplay. But I respect that you prefer to play that way, and good on you. I hope that you continue to enjoy it. But that does not make your specific game mode superior to anyone else’s or even more “fun”.

6 Likes

But conan is a “survival game” where is the surviving if there’s no real threat to where you live lmao. Like might as well play world of war craft. I see your point but go on any platform I see way more people playing pvp then anything else. They catered to pve because they thought they were purchasing dlc? Most real pve players (non just in conan) would get bored of conan in a month tops . What grind the same materials. Do the same dungeons with little gratification after completing and no real story line in game? Like I’d rather play fall out/Skyrim for pve. This game IMO ofc is made to survive harsh “conan like” times. You think in the world of Conan they be like of yeah can’t be raiding cause you nice people. Nah these mans be brute killers lmao but what do I know I’m just a loser that wish this game had a big population

1 Like

And I may be talking in a console players perspective. Because we don’t have crazy mods/private servers that probably make pve more intriguing. So just to clarify if I sound like a ignorant person like what everyone on here thinks. It’s all perspective end of the day. And the devs this pve is the route to go. I think they should have made this more like fall out or Skyrim than a survival game

I’m going to just say I wish they did something were it’s free for a month on all platforms to see what revenues they can make off dlcs just based on people trying the game out. I’m pretty sure it all balances out if enough people play and try it with their homies. I know it was very successful for ps. Because Ive never even heard of funcom or conan. if it wasn’t for it being free for PS Plus members players that played before that said it would have never popped off as it did. And I mean 20+ full servers everyday for 4 months atleast even after it not being free. I’ve only truly stopped because out of the 200 active players I had on my friends list only 2 still play and I’ve played for 2 years . Made it really depressing to still play. Especially in general with not many servers to choose from because they’re all not to great on pop

Your opinion is different.
I only play PVE from August 2018 to the present.

4 Likes

You should abandon the idea that only your opinion is correct.

3 Likes

I think forums only have people that play pve, the people that are pvp that complain just get mauled by pve players🤣 anyways I said IMO? In there so of course you don’t know what In My Opinion means but ok

1 Like

I agree to a point…I really think it’s about playing to enjoy with others vs playing to win at all costs. The PvP side of things have been taken over by the all cost crowd and they aren’t good sport about it either. I know there are good people out there but they are getting pushed away. My case is different because I left due to boredom and just tired of the laziness of PvP. 'look. Another black ice building. Not shape no style…it’s like the Borg invaded Conan.

And you think in Conan’s time they sat around and waited until EVERYONE in that opposing castle/city/village was magically gone before they went in and raided? Because that’s what “PvP” is like in this game. Hell, do you think in Conan’s time they build underground to avoid detection or up in the sky? There certainly is no proof of that in any of the Robert E. Howard stories. So yet again, you can claim all this junk and it can be flung right back at you just as much. But that isn’t the point. The point is plain and simple. Regardless if you THINK pvp is the “PROPER” way to play the game you are incorrect. The only proper way to play is how each individual person chooses to play. If that is PvP, then that is the proper choice for them. If that is PvE-C, then that is the proper choice for them. If that is PvE, then that is the proper choice for them. YOU do not get to dictate what is the proper choice and what is not.

Go look over this forum and see how many PvE players have been here since early access. Yeah, that’s slightly longer than a month.

Good for you. In my opinion Fall Out is utter rubbish and Skyrim is not very good. What exactly is your point?

No, I don’t think you are an ignorant person. I can’t speak for anyone else but I don’t think that personally. I think you are passionate about you playstyle but has skewed your perspective of what should and should not be acceptable. But let me ask you this question. How come this forum is riddled with treads about PvP servers are all dead yet none of these threads exist for PvE servers? Acording to you everyone should have abandoned PvE within a month, yet they seem to be doing just fine. So why is it that, if the only “true” way to play Conan is PvP that seems to be the one playstyle that comes to the forum to cry about dead servers constantly? Why is it that there are so many threads about Alpha clans jumping from server to server offline wiping everyone there and then jumping to another server to do it again destroying every server they can prey upon? You don’t seem to have these issues on PvE-C or PvE and their populations seem to be fine. In fact, on PC that is, the only PvP servers that seemingly have any population are private servers. Why is that? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I just want to interject quickly on this thread.

A recent issue has popped up wherein the servers state they have zero players in them yet, when you jump into the server, there are in fact players on. I’m not certain how long this has been occurring or to what degree but something so simple can very easily skew the optics of which servers are ‘dead’ and which are not.

You may now continue your regularly scheduled forum deathmatch.

4 Likes

Imma be honest I think conan is not the greatest on PC. I don’t know why but the whole feel for the game on PC seems boring and just dull. The graphics don’t hit as good as in consoles. I actually have a more than decent comp and it just feels to weird on PC. I personally think ps4 currently has better pop than PC. Kind of weird I thought it was the complete opposite.

And on PS at least what I see is more on pvp than pve . Pves die quicker than pvp

I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but for me it’s a comparison that doesn’t work all that well because they are different types of games. They are action RPGs with sandbox elements, while Conan is primarily a sandbox game with some action rpg elements.

In my eyes Conan is much closer to games like Mount and Blade and No Mans Sky. They present you with some general guidance and then you just do whatever you want. There is no real set end goal except the goals you decide for yourself.

3 Likes

Yes I have seen zero people on a server and logged in to see players on the server even on my own server.

1 Like