Game Just Disapears At Start

I and what I have to thank you for, you’ve been trying to solve a problem that’s not yours, thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thank you, but I may have found something out.

Looking through the files, Engine\Config\BaseHardware.ini to be precise, I found a little tidbit.

Expectations on Engineering:
Bugs on older drivers are added to the blacklist and otherwise ignored.

Basically, the reason we’re not hearing anything is because they literally don’t care. Our hardware is outmoded by the newer stuff. We should upgrade or not play.

In my case:

From OR-27051 as of 8/4/2016 is 16.300.2311.0 7/18/2016 (Crimson Edition 16.9.2)
SuggestedDriverVersion=“16.400.3111.0”

From OR-27051
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=“==15.300.1025.1001”, Reason=“Crashes with Paragon content using more recent GPU features”)

14.301.1001.0 - 13.152.1.1000 are the AMD drivers that seem to be causing crashes when we try to compile a compute shader.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=“<=14.301.1001.0”, Reason=“Crashes with Paragon content using more recent GPU features”)

So our “issue” is well known. Since AMD is no longer updating this driver, we are SOL.

For NVidia peeps…

a newer one is out but has issues (see below)
SuggestedDriverVersion=“375.70”

Seems this driver was not setting uninitialized global variables
(static, non const) to 0 but leaving them uninitialized.
Also blacklist future driver versions until QA has verified them to work.
NOTE: UE-25096 has been fixed and verified by QA.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=“>=361.43”, Reason=“UE-25096 Viewport flashes black and white when moving in the scene on latest NVIDIA drivers”)

To prevent problems with older drivers.
We might have to adjust that further.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=“<=347.09”, Reason=“Crashes with Paragon content using more recent GPU features”)

UE-35288, GPU hangs in 4.13 binary release.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=“==372.70”, Reason=“This driver version has many known stability issues”)

There seems to be no issues for Intel drivers.

I find that interesting as my NVidia card just had it’s drivers updated on 28th September. This was after the release which cause everything to stop working so they are obviously still updating the card and updating my drivers didn’t fix the issue either.

Also, none of that says they “literally don’t care”. Until they put out a statement that clearly states that hardware which worked on this game for the last 2+ years will no longer work on it they will continue to work on finding a fix.

I have researched and decided to do a test, I do not know if I can talk about it here in the forum , but know that I am against pirate games. downloaded the conan pirated version it works well and with the graphics at most, only difference can not play online but also did not research much about it. i did this to try to compare the files and found no difference in the points we talked about here to solve the about sound and movies

A message to fucom have to improve protection against copies because it has pirate conan to work better than the original

Hey everybody,

Thanks to those of you sending your logs over the past few days, they’re being relayed to our team so they can keep looking into the issue.

1 Like

problem ; the game crash near after start ““the ue4 conansandbox game has crashed || Fatal error”.” i dont have cinematic video .
i tryed unistall 2 times checked all pilot , cut off fire walker
can you help me pls ?

Someone reported a fix that worked for them at Game Just Disapears At Start

I have not tried this ‘fix’, but I am going to try it now. I’ve been making dump files since my reinstall of windows 10. Three runs, and a different issue each time. Maybe they should leave async loading behind lol. I’d rather a game that loads over a game that crashes X.X

hi velu,
I trayed, but not working :pensive:

First note: Stop moving this into the general technical issues folder. You need to SOLVE this problem not just tuck it away into a mass file. I am not the only CUSTOMER who has this problem. Please help us, we’ve spent a lot of money on your game and deserve to at least play it.

Game mode: ALL
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: None
Region: USA

I installed the newest DLC and since then the game loads and goes to main menu while a pop up box that says ‘Connecting to FUNCOM servers’. The game then freezes for a brief moment before crashing down to windows. I have removed all of my mods, I have uninstalled (utterly including physically removing the old files left once uninstall is done), I have updated my drivers and nothing fixes it.

Please do not just move this thread. Find a fix.

Check out https://forums.funcom.com/t/game-just-disapears-at-start/

LOL I posted in there several times. No fix for me. I didnt quite understand what you meant in your last 2 posts.

A memory dump is a snapshot of the memory the game currently has. A full memory dump is the whole 2.whatever GB of system memory. Programmers can use it to try to isolate what the game was doing, I hope these ones can anyway.

take a look at the forum you may have solution, if you have mods deletes try to fix the game files on steam

I don’t know this but I think it was your drives that stop, update/verify/reinstall your graphics driver.

did. not help. i dont have mods

Welcome to the gang of people who cant play and Funcom doesnt care about. I’ve been here 2 weeks now begging for help. Nothing.

waiting for news here,my game also doesn’t work, we’ll have to wait, post your logs to help find a solution.

do you have AMD processor?

Just because they have not yet fixed it does not mean they do not care. Yes, I agree they could do a better job with communication but the fact they are asking for logs to look into the root cause to isolate the issue so that they can fix the issue does indicate that the do care. Doesn’t help that we are almost now 21 days without being able to play after paying for a DLC but please be patient and try to work with them to solve the issue.

1 Like