Game Launcher ends in Fatal Error due to missing file "Old_Conan.Pak", which exists

1. Bug Description: Game does not launch - neither with “PLAY”-button on Steam nor with the launcher-file on PC (neither as standard windows user nor as administrator). Error Message - quote: "Fatal Error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\PakFile\Private\SignedArchiveReader.cpp\ [Line:27] Couldn’t find pak signature file ‘…/…/…/ConanSandbox/Content/Paks/Old_Conan.pak’ - Quote ends. It is important to understand that the files is there and is available.

2. Bug Reproduction: I try to start the Game (i) via Steam with the Play-Button or (ii) by directly double-clicking the Conan-Launcher on the PC (a) either with my windows standard user (b) or as a Windows Administrator. The Conan Exiles Launcher appears, where I hit the Launch-button. But the game des not start, instead it shows the Fata Error message as quoted in the Bug Desription. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and performed as described in the first sentence. I double-checked and verified that the supposedly missing file “Old_Conan.pak” exists. I checked my drivers for my PC and the update status of my OS; everything is up to date and in proper working order. Still: The error occurs always in the same manner: i.e. the Launcher does not start the game, but instead creates the Fatal Error message.

The information you filled out should now be listed below. :point_down:
Please copy this info and paste it into a new report. Thank you!

@Gus.Tough what does Steam says when you check the integrity of the files ?

Hi Valhalla Strider,

Thanks for the quick response.
Integrity check says: everyhing in order.
I ran the inegrity check several times.

Cheers.

Did another validation (“Verifiy integrity of game files…”) on steam - result:

“All 1021 files successfully validated.”

Hello,

I solved the issue. Basically I proceded as discussed and described in this thread:

• Uninstall the game (again)
  • manually delete remaining files
  • install the game (again)
  • steam validation process
  • steam change account and reconnect
  • launched the game >> SUCCESSFULLY.

Now it is time! To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

Kind regards!
Gus Tough

1 Like

Good…have fun !

1 Like

Thx m8

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.