Game "uninstalling" itself upon crash/computer restart

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvP
Region: Germany

This is the second time this has happened to me in the past few days, so I figured I would post it on here, even though it has been reported before. Each time, while running CE, my screen would freeze (the computer in general however was responding), and after a bit when I reconciled with the fact this is not going away on its own, I did a hard restart of the PC. And after rebooting and relaunching steam, CE would show in the library as not installed, even though all the game files (or the vast majority at least) were still present and seemingly intact, so I guess this must be file path corruption of some sort. Probably irrelevant, but just for completion, the first time I was actively playing in-game, while the other time, CE was minimized and I was just watching a video (which froze on me).

There is a way to fix this without uninstalling via windows and deleting the remaining files and then reinstalling the whole game (although that is what I did the first time). If you have sufficient extra space on the disc you have CE installed on, just start the installation anew and instead of installation, steam should “discover existing game files,” which takes a while, but way, waaay less than downloading 50+ GB.

Since there is no real need for reproduction manual, I am including a recipe for the traditional Czech goulash*:

You need:

700g of cubed beef (shin or leg)
500g of onion
lard or oil
4 garlic cloves
2 spoons of paprika
teaspoon of cumin/caraway
salt, pepper
marjoram
  1. In large pot saute chopped onion in oil until it has golden color.
  2. Add paprika and stir quickly otherwise it gets bitter. Add meat and stir-fry for few minutes.
  3. Add salt and pepper and put about 200ml of water. Also add cumin, minced garlic and simmer until meat is tender. Stir from time to time and add more water if necessary.
  4. Finally add marjoram.
  5. If the sauce is too soupy, you can thicken it with a little flour.
  6. Best served with bread dumplings, potato pancakes or bread and onion. Tastes best with cold beer.

*I am not the author of this recipe, all rights belong to https://www.czechcuisine.net.

1 Like

Thanks for the recipe that will come in handy!

So will the report. We’ll take both back to the team and see what they say.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.