Getting near crafting stations causes you to hover off the ground

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: US

Everytime you get near a crafting station, you hover in the air in place and make swimming animation.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Walk near crafting station (smelter, armor smith, black smith, and alchemy pot)
  2. Observe flying in place while swimming with your arms
1 Like

I can second this only my toon did not make the swimming animation but did hover above the station.

I would also add this was the carpenters bench so they all seem to do it. Totally Vanilla game also. On Single player.

A second shot from a friend. As he and I are testing him on modded, me with NO mods so we know what we can safely put on our server. This happens in both modded and unmodded games. He says I was given the luxury of testing vanilla lol, its interesting I must say.

It looks to be a collision issue to me.

1 Like

The issue you screenshotted and observed is collision. I adjusted said collision in my LBPR - Additional Improvements Add-On. I also sent in a bug report about it some time ago, though I can understand why this isn’t an earth shattering vital issue.

The issue that Auticus describes is a much rarer, but older bug that can occur, though it isn’t isolated to just crafting stations. It isn’t something that can be easily reproduced. It is very likely that auticus won’t see this issue occur on their next login.

3 Likes

I experience this floating / swimming animation (humorous) but only on the second floor of a dwelling. I obviously thought the game did not understand where my floor was supposed to be. Seemed to happen just after signing onto the server. Logging off of the Online server and back on seemed to correct the issue for me, and it remained corrected through the play session. My dwelling is small, about 3 x 4 with the second floor one block higher. Plenty of crafting stations.

Does seem to happen to me repeatedly, since the last major release, but not seen before that. If anyone needs me to try and reproduce, I’d be willing to experiment. No mods involved.

1 Like

Has occurred after every login so far since the patch.

I will say that after time it stops happening until I relog in.

So appears to be something that needs to be resolved by whatever is happening under the hood to resolve whatever it needs to resolve and then it goes away until next load of the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.