Ghosted HotBar Icon for Throwing Spears

Be sure to follow the guidelines below while posting to this category:

• Make sure you’re in the right section for your platform:
    It’s PC but I believe this occurs on all platforms.
  • Disable all mods and see if the issue persists:
    This is on Official Servers so no mods are involved.
  • Verify if the issue has been previously reported and a thread is available to participate in
    It gets mentioned quite often but off-topically - I’ve not encountered a thread dedicated to this issue.
  • Report only one issue per post
    Yup, just Throwing Spears ghosting out and not replenishing.
  • Fill all the necessary details:
    • Informative title
      How did I do?
  • Game mode (Singleplayer, Coop, Official, Private)
    All as far as I know, but tested in both PVP & PVE on TestLive.
  • Game type (PvP, PvE, PvE-C)
    All.
  • TestLive client (Standalone/Build)
    The latest as of today. 2.8
    Revision #345369/32271
  • Detailed information of the occurrence
    See step-by-step below.
  • If possible and applicable, be sure to also provide us with the following:
    • Official Server number
      Testlive has server numbers?
    • Hardware info (Computer specifications/Driver versions)
      Happens with any combination of hardware. But in this case specifically:
    • 5600X
    • TaiChi Ultimate MB,
    • 2080Ti
    • 64GB RAM
    • 69.5 Terabytes Storage space,
    • 10Gigabit line speed and connection speed.
  • Connection info (Wired/Wireless/Speed)
    10Gigabit line speed and connection speed - Wired - Optical.
  • Additional details (Screenshots/Video/Location Coordinates/Timestamps)
    Running out of throwing spears leaves the HotBar selection Ghosted and will not replenish from other stacks in inventory. This results in having Throwing Spears that are not throwable. :frowning:

Removing the Ghosted Throwing Spear entry from the HotBar does not remove the “equipped” weapon from the character. Conditions remain: Holding a Throwing Spear that is not throwable. :frowning:

And even replacing the HotBar item with another offers no immediate solution:

Short step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue

• Place Throwing Spears into any HotBar cell.
  • Use by throwing until depleted.
  • Continue to try using the weapon even after throwing the last remaining one - both by throwing and via the LMB light attack.
  • Remove the ghosted Throwing Spear from the HotBar - and continue attacking with it LMB/RMB.
  • Replace the HotBar cell in question with any HotBar-able item - and continue attacking with it LMB/RMB. :crazy_face:

OK, I did my part, please fix this before releasing 2.8 official. Thank you!!!

On Xbox and it’s been there since they made them stackable??? Patch ago

1 Like

Heppens on XBox too huh? Yeah, this tiny little bug reduces the function of this weapon so drastically that it’s not worthy of consideration in almost any kind of battle. Such a shame because the knock-back is just perfect for staggering an onslaught. Like you have 3 enemies coming at you - they are shoulder to shoulder but you want them spaced so you don’t die immediately… Hit one of them with 6 spears, and one of them with 3. Now they are coming at you one at a time like in single file, and you can fight them. Or the opposite… 3 weak mobs coming at you in single file… knock the first two back to the position of the farthest one… then clean them out with a few long sword swipes 3v1.

Or you can always just use them as WAY more expensive, slightly more affective arrows. Bowless arrows… :slight_smile: This weapon has so much potential but this bug is killing it!

Same with throwing axes and orbs too.
I can understand the not autostacking part of it, but the non-existent throwable in hand is a bigger (visually at elast) problem. If an item breaks in your hands, it has an animation, and you have nothing in your hand.
Why don’t the throwables has the same (except for the animation of course - or maybe some animation, waving with your hands like “sheeeeit, I’m out!” :laughing: ) logic.

1 Like

Hi @TeleTesselator

We are aware of this issue and our teams are currently looking into this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we investigate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.