Give existing players back the ability to box their thralls up before the new feeding system is implemented

I say either this idea or release the feeding pots early so at least people can get those setup and ready to feed them.

I use Pickup+ mod on my server and you can only move thralls and pets once placed, not pick up.

Great idea for those on private and modded servers. I play on officials, so this will not be a viable option for me. :frowning:

1 Like

My point was that the mod doesn’t do what this thread is asking for so the only answer is to re-enable the ability to pick up placed thralls.

Sorry, I was referencing what someone else had claimed it did earlier in the post. I didn’t have admin (b/c I didn’t want it) on the server I was in using it, so wasn’t aware of it’s full capability or lack thereof.

It won’t be done because it can’t be done. I bet they lost the functionality of storing combat thralls when they introduced the inventory system for them. They probably couldn’t figure out how to reclaim a thrall without losing its inventory so they took the lazy way out and removed the ability altogether.

They are doing the same thing with the feeding system. They can’t find a way to make it where you don’t have to feed thralls but you have to feed pets so now we will have to feed both.

Bought this game on PS4 on release. Quit because the game is broken. Come back every now and then to see if the state of the game improved, but from what I have reading it’s even worse. A shame really, the game had potential.

1 Like

I think I read something about this just before “late” access started.

I believe its also the reason we can take a map room from the frost temple to the desert but can’t move an oil press down the hall.

1 Like

Yep, apparently things having an inventory means they can’t be moved. Which sounds like a pretty rotten excuse to me (I don’t doubt the truthfulness of it, but it doesn’t seem like something that couldn’t be done).

Ah from what I remember when we first started playing dress up with our thralls in EA you could still right click em and send em to inventory. It was later that you got stuck not being able to move em.

Hoping someone can verify this. - it was a while ago.

With pickup + you can store thralls in your inventory or in a box.

But …

Every fighter/archer need to get naked and disarmed.

This means 5 armor-pieces from head to feet and the melee-weapon + bow and at least 1 arrow in case of an archer need to changed into the inventory of the player.

Alone with 5 heavy armor pieces for a melee-thrall I go very slow.

Me got lots of archers at the mainbase.

This is not an option, Funcom should consider …

It’d be far from perfect, but still an improvement over not having the option at all.

If necessary, do a re-spec into encumbrance, do the Thrall movement stuff, and re-spec back.

1 Like

Although i understand your anxiety guys, i don’t think this is the solution.
Funcom will fix this feature, THERE IS JUST NO OTHER WAY. It will certainly take more time than usual to do so, but they WILL FIX IT. and they know they are not allowed to make a mistake here and for me that’s enough to not be worried too much, yes i’m worried a bit too of course but it’s a question logic, Imagine if we all loose our thralls…no i’m sure this just won’t happen.

1 Like

Sure, probably, eventually. Before they haphazardly push it to live, though? That’s the question.

I hope so.

I really hope they dont push it out thinking people will adapt or leave.

Great offer!!
And not only as a precautionary measure before the advent of this patch, but in general a very necessary function - because, for example, to transfer a large number of tralls from one base to another is too troublesome.

Thralls have always had inventory on them, but they did lose the ability to be picked up around the time the combat update was released, maybe even a bit sooner, I don’t fully remember. Thralls could no longer be picked up around the time they started allowing them to follow you, which sucked if you had a bunch of thralls you wanted to move to a new base location.

You couldn’t pocket them after what they called the Thrall Inventory Update, I believe, during TestLive. Update 31 is Thrall Inventories and New Building Pieces.

It was during this phase (TestLive forward) that we acquired followers and non-returnable thralls. This was the heyday of thrall interactivity, and it was after this they began to diminish in capabilities and intelligence.

1 Like

No picking up thralls. Feed them what they want or let them die, your choice.

This is a great idea, you should tell Funcom in their teslive forum and let them know there a solution for having too much thrall.

I wish I could share in your optimism. I’ll test this out again in Solo for every patch of the feeding system between live and testlive, but I know several went missing from benches for me when this first feeding patch hit Testlive on multiplayer servers. There will be no way for someone to test this again for multiplayer, unless they offer up a server to switch back and forth from Live to Testlive. My (and Barnes) initial findings are the only time it will happen on officials, apart from when it does go Live.

1 Like