Give existing players back the ability to box their thralls up before the new feeding system is implemented

Although i understand your anxiety guys, i don’t think this is the solution.
Funcom will fix this feature, THERE IS JUST NO OTHER WAY. It will certainly take more time than usual to do so, but they WILL FIX IT. and they know they are not allowed to make a mistake here and for me that’s enough to not be worried too much, yes i’m worried a bit too of course but it’s a question logic, Imagine if we all loose our thralls…no i’m sure this just won’t happen.

1 Like

Sure, probably, eventually. Before they haphazardly push it to live, though? That’s the question.

I hope so.

I really hope they dont push it out thinking people will adapt or leave.

Great offer!!
And not only as a precautionary measure before the advent of this patch, but in general a very necessary function - because, for example, to transfer a large number of tralls from one base to another is too troublesome.

Thralls have always had inventory on them, but they did lose the ability to be picked up around the time the combat update was released, maybe even a bit sooner, I don’t fully remember. Thralls could no longer be picked up around the time they started allowing them to follow you, which sucked if you had a bunch of thralls you wanted to move to a new base location.

You couldn’t pocket them after what they called the Thrall Inventory Update, I believe, during TestLive. Update 31 is Thrall Inventories and New Building Pieces.

It was during this phase (TestLive forward) that we acquired followers and non-returnable thralls. This was the heyday of thrall interactivity, and it was after this they began to diminish in capabilities and intelligence.

1 Like

No picking up thralls. Feed them what they want or let them die, your choice.

This is a great idea, you should tell Funcom in their teslive forum and let them know there a solution for having too much thrall.

I wish I could share in your optimism. I’ll test this out again in Solo for every patch of the feeding system between live and testlive, but I know several went missing from benches for me when this first feeding patch hit Testlive on multiplayer servers. There will be no way for someone to test this again for multiplayer, unless they offer up a server to switch back and forth from Live to Testlive. My (and Barnes) initial findings are the only time it will happen on officials, apart from when it does go Live.

1 Like

Do you really think funcom would take the risk to realease an OFFICIAL patch that would kill all our thralls?

this would simply mean they would loose at least 3/4 of their playerbase and you can count me in these 3/4 and i’m not even talking about their reputation…

We all know the state of the current testive build and they must know for sure that the situation is currently very critical, so i’m sure this testlive build will be changed again before going live.

We all remember how buggy all recent and some other old patches have come into the live version of the game, but this time is VERY different, it is question of hundreds of hours, and even for some FANS THOUSANDS hours of grind, Moreover even if our thralls can be extremely buggy sometimes we all consider them as our own jewels we have gathered and polished over time in our own adventures (there is some kind of feelings linked to our thralls in some way), so the devs know for sure that in that case, TIME and CAUTION are greatly needed and they will be handling it with great care, there is just NO OTHER OPTION.

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t put it past them @roro4066.

One of the last major updates actually had a bug where anything placed on wedge foundations simply vanished. Some players built their entire bases with those and lost just about everything. Not only that, but it also completely broke the game’s AI. A good chunk of people I played with eventually quit after that.

The rest who remain are all really upset about this update and will likely be leaving if it goes live. So we shall see.

That said this would be a nice feature to include, but even better than that would to be to scrap the thrall feeding requirements altogether.

This would be a huge help for people who can’t log right away once the patch rolls in.

Like others, if I lose my named thralls I think I’m done too. Certain named armorers took me weeks of camping the same spot for hours everyday to get, and I’m not willing to do it again.

1 Like

I was pretty protective pre-patch. If I could’ve (but we had a whole day of outage) I would’ve built a vault room to store my thralls. As it was, I put everybody in cold storage because I don’t trust benches and patches. The only ones I left out were an alchemist and two cooks, expendable for a purpose.

You log in and the place is empty. Except for the alchemist and two cooks. All your hard-earned and dyed armor that you put on your standing thralls is gone. So are the weapons. I allowed this to happen so I could experience it, and afterward I didn’t want to go back. Every time I pass her station I think about my first-captured Dogs Fighter 3, in her dyed hyena fur. Or Galter of Bossonia. Or Conchaka. Again dammit.

I did not go back to TestLive. It made me not want to play for the first time in my history with Conan Exiles.

1 Like

I lost an alchemist, tanner and cook from their respective benches in that update, but the benches and the materials within remained. Luckily I had backups, but it was regretful after also seeing my regiment gone, along with their hardened steel weapons and heavy armor.

1 Like

My response was to run a few more dedicated servers, with actual populations, through the TestLive switchover. I have seen it now about a dozen times, and I have never lost anyone from a bench. When I ghost to other people’s habitats, their benches are pretty much full too. I just don’t trust that TestLive server and won’t again, after your experience. Seriously, I’ve seen their videos. Backstab kills on a TestLive server? Bombing raids on a 5X, do these playtesters have no self-respect? lol

To keep thralls from simply disappearing after 2h:15m [closest I have so far], you need a player in the area. When you can get people to play together, it lessens the burden of this behavior, because people are in the area. So under this paradigm you can keep thralls alive for testing. Having done all this just to test the Feeding mechanism, after around two hours of 1X Vanilla gameplay I literally turned them all into potions and ambrosia and moved up to my palace up North. And logged off.

1 Like

In their defense, they had already griefed everyone from their PVP official servers, so they had to find a place where people were being constructive to experience schadenfreude.

I can attest that the ones missing from benches were not plucked by players (the first time). They were inside the main building and not near a window, so that was a bug from the patch itself. Thank you for testing this out repeatedly on a dedicated server! So this bug may not affect all players, but there is still a chance of it happening. I have a way of experiencing almost all of the bugs at least once, lol.

1 Like

To be honest, when I fly Admin ghost through people’s hooches I get the Adagio for Strings playing in my head and it gets a little foggy. So I have no idea how many benchies are gone missing until players return, and I’ve only had three willing victims – participants – so far. Thank you for confirming your non-windowiness in this occasion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.