Give us Age of Conan 2

The only way any of this happens is if blizzard buys the IP from funcom. That’s about as likely to happen as me winning the lottery.

Given Blizzard’s track record over the last several years, I doubt they could make a better game than Funcom.

1 Like

Blizzard ??? LOL please noooooo. If you would have said CDPR, okay. But Blizzard turned into a cashgrab company under the rule of Activison.

1 Like

Yesterday I went back to Age of Conan and played a bit this unconquered mode. The graphics of the character are better than in Conan Exiles. Funcom would just need to revamp the enviroment graphics, maybe the combat system a bit, the crafting and record all dialogues. The game would still be a OP game to almost any MMORPG out there.

FUNCOM, DO IT !!!

2 Likes

Are you sure about Blizzard being the better company? I don’t know to be honest…

Overwatch is declining heavily because they don’t listen to the community but try to milk money from their OWL ESports league. People are constantly complaining about the lack of developer responses in the forums (kinda like here in AoC) and the last few events for the game were mediocre at best (mostly recylced stuff). Balance changes come far too slow as well and if they come mostly they are aimed towards the upper levels of players it seems, those who make up ~5% of the playerbase but then again, half of those 5% are in OWL and make big money so you see what’s happening here.

Diablo is getting a mobile version… just watch the reveal from 2018: “Is this an out of season april fools joke?” - I don’t think I need to say more about that disaster.
People wanted a new, REAL Diablo for 6 or 7 years now and they come up with this, that just shows how little they listen to their customers and instead try to milk money out of the mobile games sector.

I am not sure about WoW but sometimes I read bad stuff about it as well in the Overwatch forums, people who play both OW and WoW tell about their mess ups there and that the game isn’t as great as it used to be.

Blizzard might have been a really great company a few years ago but right now it seems that all the big companies out there have some secret race of “Who can reveal the biggest mess up next?” (EA with Battlefield 5, Bethesda with Fallout 76 etc.).

The only company I still have hopes for is CD Project Red at this moment, The Wither 3 was really amazing and I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will be a great game too but this company does not focus on MMORPGs so there is no way they would ever take over AoC even in a highly theoretical scenario.
MMORPGs are (sadly) not in the focus of companies anymore so I doubt that any company would ever take over AoC.

3 Likes

This happend because investors and big investment companies realized that they can make money with the gaming industry and took it over. They dont care about us gamers. They care about their shares and yearly earnings…

Do you guys have no mobile phones? :joy:

2 Likes

I also have the feeling that exiles is technologically only marginal better than AOC, but for sure not 10 years ahead. And especially character customization and animation feels better in AOC. Overall graphics in exiles isnt that great at all… a high res texture pack for AOC would make it shine even from todays standards.

2 Likes

This is what I mean. They could really revamp the game pretty easy with not a big investment. The only problem is maybe the engine…how modern is the old engine ?

I would doubt a fundament engine revamp since current one is using CPU mostly and very little GPU. So they really would need to dig deep. However higher textures is something any modern graphics card can handle with GB’s of memory and afik from modding other games its really just replacing the textures to higher res variants.

1 Like

We can keep dreaming :slight_smile: Maybe one day our dreams will come true. I loved this game really much. It was my first MMORPG after Ultima Online I really enjoyed for a long time.

I will keep supporting Funcom by buying their games and will hope that one day they will make a new AoC or revamp the old one.

2 Likes

If they could fix that, I just could manage to run AoC on max settings with Dx9 on 40 fps and nor jump between 20-30

Hi all,

I am a new player, I just start to play this year. I was not interested in play MMORPG before, just played games like skyrim or dragon’s age. AOC is amazing game, run pretty well in many systems (I have 3 computers, one good, mid and one pretty old, the game is playable in the 3) and looks really well in high graphics settings. Some office partners view me when sometimes I play the game and become interested on it. I believe that the game have a lot of potential yet, just need more new content and some more publicity.

Greetings,

OiciruamZ

8 Likes

Welcome to the game, it is great as is but definitely could use new content and marketing. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks!. I had read a lot of people bored of the game but still playing it… My character is in level 65 and really enjoy to be here. Is a really good game. I tried other MMORPGs too before start to play seriously (like RIFT, good game but a bit cartoon for me), but AOC is just the best.

1 Like

I think AoC is fine and fun as it is. Just needs more people, if that is possible at all.
I only properly played 20-80 content once, and it was in 2010. It was very fun with plenty of open world pvp, dungeons, gear runs, etc.;
After that population was simply insufficient for most of the content, except for end-game.

Right now my char only has some PVE T2 and some Khitai from the old times, and I do not even know where to begin if I want to progress with T3 and T4.
Nearly all guilds I see require experience and gear appropriate for T6.

Could you provide a link mate? I didn’t find anything. I though anniversary was last year (10 years). Thanks!

1 Like

FC teased something to come on their community stream and what better date would be to anounce around the birthday, together with the obligatory birthday event. Thats what i meant in my previous postIng.

1 Like

When is this birthday ? I know this year but which month ?

May 20 or somewhere around there.

1 Like

Thank you