Gothrad the Oathbreaker

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

T4 Taskmaster Gothrad the Oathbreaker at Ravaged Barrows (-209019 -96906 -3740) has a 100% chance to spawn.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Kill or capture Gothrad the Oathbreaker
  2. After respawn do it again as often as desired
2 Likes

This may be due to the fact that he has an item that is needed for another quest (a recipe). If he had a 1-2% chance to appear, you’d have to wait for a long time to get the part you’ll need for that recipe.
Thus it may be intended.
Maybe it was not intended that you can knock him out…

2 Likes

Hello @Ryu-Salazar, thank you for getting in touch!

This is likely intended, in any case we’ll poke the developers to make sure of that.

3 Likes

Well…

Ok a taskmaster is not a fighter, but there are other 100% spawns in the game and there are other carrying-quest items who can be captured like Hekkr Waverunner for example.

First time I tryed to do the quest I failed to find the item because I didn’t know he was carrying it and I captured him instead of killing him, I lost hours and hours before surrend and asking in the chat if someone knows where it was. You can imagine my surprise when I learned the truth :smile:

I think the fact you can capture him rise up the difficulty of the quest, so probably it was intended (you can Always win guessing on players being greedy about t4 thralls :blush:) :wink:

It’s no easy task capturing him in those tight quarters.

1 Like

There was a tons in the game until updates of last months.

If it’s intended it will not surprise me at all.

Maybe he will be changed to a fighter class or deleted afterwards to compensate for being “free” capturable. Feels like Vathis

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.