Greater Pets not receiving stagger

Not sure if this is intended or not, but any Greater variant of a pet does not stagger (stun) when getting hit. Any thrall or normal pet can be stunlocked and staggered, but this apparently does not happen with Greater Pets. If this is intended, I would like to know why.

Also, not necessarily a bug per se, but ALL pets have insane tracking, AKA, their attacks follow the player mid-animation. Normally when a player or thrall attacks, they commit entirely to the direction of their attack and it does not follow the target mid-animation. If this is also intended, it should be removed (especially in combination with staggerless greater pets), as it breaks PvP fights. This change would have literally zero affect on PvE, as PvE targets are stationary.

It is intended because they are much more rarer, have more HP, more powerfull…

The “normality” is something quit subjective to everyone.

It doesn’t but has an effect on it for sure, and that’s normal, you have to choose carefully your pet. I will add that you can dodge/avoid those attacks anyway.

The “normality” is not subjective and I’m surprised you think it is. It’s actual fact that thralls and players commit to the direction in which they started the attack. They do not change mid-animation. This isn’t subjective.

Also, how can you know for sure whether this is intended? Rarity doesn’t mean a thing, as the rarity in pets’ case is just a chance to receive something greater when training. I could say that named fighter thralls are also very rare, yet still receive stagger. They already receive double (even more in some cases) the health, so why are they staggerless? I’ve been given no evidence to prove this is intended.

The reason I say it breaks PvP is because PvP originally almost never involved thralls following players around. Now, you’re forced to bring one, otherwise you’re at a MASSIVE (before, it was just small) disadvantage. I didn’t realize this was turning into Ark…

Well, just by disagreeing it shows it is subjectives. It’s not facts sadly. :slight_smile: And you just said that they change mid-animation so the reality is different from your point of view!

How can you know for sure that the game you’re playing is working as designed? Irrelevant questions.

Actually it does as they get much more HP, deal more damage and can not get staggered. And there are pets that can not be staggered with their normal version too anyway.

Why because the develloper chose them to. It’s simple. They don’t have to give you evidence to confirm their choices.

But even so to give you an example that it is their choice, you can read this recent patch note about the lizard men, in which they made them unstaggerable.

From when are you talking about?
And you’re not forced to bring one, you can just find a server with the rules you like.

When again?

It’s just your personnal opinion.

My god you are a troll. Instead of refuting what I’ve been saying with evidence, instead you spout nonsensical BS like “because the devs said so.”

If by disagreeing i’m a troll to you then i’m fine with it. What evidence? It’s not nonesense, the dev did so, they are not justifying their every changes and don’t have to.

The direction of their attacks changes mid animation as they follow the player’s movement thus their attacks change strictly speaking.

Please keep it civil.
We’re sending it to our team so they can determine if it’s intended or not.

2 Likes

And tell me why that doesn’t happen with thralls or players. Why do animals have tracking, yet thralls or players don’t? Simply stating “because it’s part of the game” is not a good reason, not until the devs themselves tell us why.

Also, the devs should justify their changes as it is not consistent, nor does it correlate, with the rest of the game.

It does actually, players can be unstaggerable, same for thralls. Thralls have traking too obviously as for the players, there is an option available too that can be activated/desactivated in the server’s settings.

Useally it does correlate. But even if it doesn’t, it is their game, they can do “whatever” they want. I don’t know any devs teams who justify their changes.

Players and thralls cannot be “unstaggered,” it’s called hyper armor, and one needs to be in a heavy attack animation before one earns it. Pets also have this same hyper armor as well.

I don’t think you’re understanding what tracking is, even though I’ve literally explained it multiple times.

I corrected myself before you write your message, i meant unstaggerable. Call it what you want, but don’t say it doesn’t happen with thralls/players when it does.

I know exacly what tracking is thus why i told you about the option in the server’s settings for the players. Plus saying thralls don’t have tracking is ridiculous

Players don’t have tracking because we are not machines, we’re doing the tracking ourself (that’s how we can talk about skills). But again, there is an option for that. As for the thralls, how do you think they are walking/attacking in melee/ aiming with a bow/following without a “tracking algorythm”?

You CAN NOT TRACK! Tracking is not about skill, as skill has nothing to do with tracking. Aiming in front of your opponent and watching as they run into your spear IS NOT TRACKING!

Tracking is when you target your opponent, throw a swing, and watch as the weapon follows them. This is IMPOSSIBLE on official servers and, as far as I’m aware, in any server.

As i said, for the third times, you can track with an option in the server’s settings !!

Untitled
You’re not well aware and otherwise get good.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.