Harassment with the vote kick

Funcom doesn’t careyou are being harassed. Trust me on this. The only way to get something done is if someone tellss you to do harm to yourself, you can then go to your local police a file a complaint.

There could be many reasons for a vote kick, some justified some not, of course. Apart afkers and trolling, a single failure in performing a task or a tactic should never be a cause of a vote kick (I would never kick for this). From the other side, a constant failure (the classical example of “miasma” or “blood draw” missed over and over by the same person) despite tips and explanations, can push people to kick a player and this is understandable. I prefer to try to explain tactics in raid chat than kick, but time is precious for everyone and can be very frustrating repeating over and over a content cause the same mistake.

In your specific case, Evangelini, if you were kicked cause you used your DT as dps, well just moves on. But state before the fight, in raid chat, you can’t perform a tank role (for gear, experience or whatever) and all will be ok. Communicate is the key.

If you were kicked cause you failed a tactic more times, beasides reading tactics, there are some settings very useful (should always be used in group/raids) that can help you (or others in the same issue) to perform better:

1. first of all, enable “show timer bar” ( Interface Options --> Advanced --> Display Hidden GUI ) and drag the opponent castbar (that one on the right) in a position on the screen where it will be never covered from buff/debuff icons on target. Difficulty to “read” the castbar is one of the most common reasons for “missing blood draw” people even when they know the tactics. You can disable the setting, once positioned the cast bar in the desidered position.
  2. enable “show vicinity player names” ( Interface Options --> Nametags ). This will shows the name of each character over the head giving you full cognition where all others around you are positioned. You will have much more control on the situation. Btw if a character is charmed, the name will become red (instead blue) allowing the immediate recognition of the charmed toon and its position.
  3. enable “moveable target’s target portrait” (Interface Options --> HUD --> HUD Elements). This improves readability of target’s target bar adding a fully positionable secondary target bar in combat. Even this, makes more easy “reading” the castbar.
  4. This not a setting. Use voice chat. Having a friend in voice, during fight, helping you with tactics and timing, it’s a good way to learn and take things in a more relaxed way.

Harassing,in the end, is a different matter. It’s a behaviour not acceptable and breaks Funcom rules we all accepted. If someone harasses you, I’m agree with Baritha: do a petition, explain what happened, give all info about and let Funcom investigate. For my experience, in case of a real and proved harassement, they take seriously the issue, as it should be.

1 Like

did not seen anyone was kicked just for fun. the kicked ones was A) a well known trolls/afkers/dualboxers. reputation mean a lot in small communities. B) ppl that fail to perform a simple tactics. me not vote when it happens one time, but if it`s more then ones, me most likely will vote to kick. it depends. C) ppl that starting call names all around, when they get caught on afking/dualboxing or not performing class specific tasks.

for ex. if some dt says that s/he signed as dps and pars show that his/her dps is first from end, sorry I don`t need such dps. stop wooping around and do something usefull, start from learning class you play.

also I think you not telling the true about why you was kicked. why? you say about 40 rf per day? impossible if you doing it on one char at time. rf takes around 1h time, some less, some more + waiting time in q

3 Likes