Hard reset for 3.0

Easy body vault fix… instead of a timer to disappear instead … you die of starvation elements or whatever… easy fix… nothing really needed… you want the loot? You gotta play and have your character body in the game

1 Like

Im sure if 1 person did it… majority did it and or are still doing it

Alright. So i read this post… youre confusing Not fair, Exploits and blatant cheating as if theyre the same thing and i main pvp and can tell you there is a HUGE difference between all 3 of those. Being extremely crazy farmer and fighter and exploits are one thing as you earned it… duped weps that are from legacy of oil meta that 1 pop you is not… blatant cheating is why these need to be wiped

Crazy i had a similar idea i posted reading yo others before this… crazy ehh

O.P should post this as solution for devs to be fair

1 Like

I can accept wiping only at 2 conditions:

1. Map Expansion
  2. Map Adjustment (there are some areas that would be better fixed)

I’m talking of the area around New Asagarth, basically a huge valley with an ugly little lake (with no sense at all) and not a single tree.

And there are more areas like this that could use a fix.

If not met this 2 conditions, a wiping will only have me leaving this game forever.

So many people are already leaving so its a hard balance for Funcom right now. After how I have been treated by support and then here on the forums I am just watching the implosion. Kinda want them to wipe all the servers just to upset the PvE crowd the most.

New Asgarth is perfect just as it is.

It’s the Highlands, they have to be like this.
Have you ever traveled through Scotland or Norway?
That’s exactly what the Highlands look like there.
Lots of green but rarely trees.

1 Like

Well, firstly I don’t believe that’s at all true. It’s just something some people say… But they’re wrong and they’re talking out of their arsses…

And secondly:

And finally a hard reset or even a soft reset for 3.0 is a terrible and stupid idea. I don’t think we have to worry about it though because I’m pretty sure FC isn’t that stupid!

4 Likes

I might be mistaken, but I don’t think Conan Exiles “has” to wipe all of the server. I would assume they could find a way to wipe specifically weapons, or tools, or bows, or arrows, or explosive jars, etc. If they were to try and have that argument, it would be more digestible.

1 Like

Wipe em up funcom!

while your at it update your anti cheat. lets goooooo

For an announced major revision I am not seeing an uptick. Those stats would be troubling to any company.

But it’s weird right now. People are logging in but promptly out within the day. Truth be told, It appears that there is some hesitation there before the new version comes out. Truth be told, I think there is significant bad press right now because there is a huge amount of fear going on…about the bans, about the monetization efforts, and about the nerfs that are going to happen. Not too much in terms of the neat things we are going to get (IE the bad press is outweighing the good press) and that is creating this daily roller coaster where people come on real quick and leave just as quick.

With the testing that I’ve seen and done. There is absolutely zero need to wipe with 3.0. It has no effect that we can see on database (server) performance.

If you wish for a wipe. Play on a new server or recreate character. Wipe yourself before asking others to.

4 Likes

But they have NOT

yet. It’s about a month or more out. The beta test site was announced and if previous test releases from them are anything to go by (and what else would you go by?) those never see a bump.

Absolutely right!!!
100-Small

1 Like

Not mention a wipe will be undone by player who bum rush to 60 1st day. And have more play time and go back to assorted issue anyway.

At best, Wipe would give anyone starting day 1, hour 1 of update goes live anything of “peace” for a small bit.

which is all ruined day 2. Xd inless your lucky.

With all issue with officials, I can’t picture ever going back myself, even with a wipe. Solo or Private server is basically must have go to now.

5 Likes

Sera67 has the right of it. They are 100% correct.

1 Like

Not sure about that: the cliffs around that are Highlands and they are ok, the valley that contains New Asgarth is just … wrong.

Also, even if you’re right, that area is really ugly … and I would really appreciate a rework.

The area right east of it (where there is the aqueduct) is way more beautiful.
Even tho I’d adjust that too, completely destroying the aqueduct and making the whole area a huge alluvial plain.

Honestly, I know these buildings are important for the game, but I really don’t like them. It would be just better if they are almost completely destroyed (like the ones in the noob river).

I really don’t mean that in a bad way, but I think you’re talking rubbish from my point of view.

I definitely don’t see it the way you do.
I like the complete map, I think the same about Siptah.

It’s just wonderful how the biomes flow nicely into each other, each area reflects the lore beautifully, which is told on the lore stones.

I think you should take a closer look at the game.

The buildings aren’t really important, they just belong to the aqueduct.

The biomes from the lore stones just have to look like this.

After all, they tell of the human journey through the land of the giant kings.

Not that this really matters, since there is no way the devs are going to do adjustments to the map, but …

Land of the Giant Kings … ok, they lived years (decades ? centuries ?) ago. All that remains of their kingdom is just the city and the ruins around it.

It’s been destroyed by the sandstorms and the war, so there is no reason it could not be like I said. It can be the way it is now, but it can be the way I said as well.

The aqueduct has been destroyed (it just falls in a lake in the area east of New Asagarth).
But why can’t be the Dam (from which the aqueduct starts) to be destroyed ? What’s the difference ? The only thing that change would be the biome, becoming an alluvial plain with the ruins of the acqueduct instead of a grassland like it is. If you think on that: it must have been exactly like this before the Dam and the Aqueduct were built. It would make sense that it would return like that after the destruction of said buildings.

What’s the difference if the biome around New Asagarth would be a little different ? Like with trees, rivers, etc ? Is there a reason for it to be exactly that way ? The only difference would be that the biome would be more various.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the game and the story, especially the way it’s told by the lore stones.
I’m just saying that I don’t like certain areas of the map: they seem rushed and bare, compared to others where the detail level is WAY higher (like the noob river or the jungle biome).

Other things I’d change is exactly the jungle biome, which is beautiful but isolated and quite pointless. There are little to no reasons to build a base there.