Harvesting inconsistencies: black rocks near bat tower

Game mode: Online
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

The black rocks underneath the bat tower are inconsistent in when they respond to being hit with a pickaxe (haven’t tested with other tools, but I imagine they respond the same). Sometimes they get harvested normally like other rocks, but most of the time they “skip” the response, leaving you with no gain from your strikes. Try to hit them a few times more, and suddenly they’ll respond again. This is specific to these types of rock.

It feels like they have some sort of activity timer that toggles on and off in regular time intervals. This behavior feels very predictable and regular, for example something like 1 minute on, 10 seconds off.

Edit:
I just wanted to add also that this has been a bug for at least over 2 years (since I started playing the game), and I have experienced this bug several times a different days, different times of the day, and on two different apartments. I have pretty low ping most of the time, so suffice to say, it is not on my end.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get a pickaxe
  2. Go to the spot underneath the bat tower
  3. Harvest the black rocks (not the regular ones)
  4. Watch as you’ll “miss” several of your hits

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApSdCQmJLaXWnepx7Qgu3SCX5HYHtQ?e=NkH8gZ

Edit: Fixed link.

2 Likes

Hey @DexterAndre

We’ll send note to our team about this.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

This applies to other locations as well. I’ve experienced this on several occasions. Not sure if this happens absolutely everywhere (that it is the type of rock that is bugged), but it seems so. Last location that I remember experiencing this bug is in the highlands just north of the desert, on the plains near the ruins, north-east of the thrall spot called “The Den”.

I’ve noticed a possible workaround which mitigates this problem; change position when working the rocks so that you strike a different spot each time (chipping away a new piece of the rock). I can’t recall experiencing this bug then.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information and possible workaround. It’s been relayed as well.

Also happens in volcano. My workaround is standing still a few seconds…almost like a harvest animation reset… then it finishes up fine.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.