Have thralls "harvest" simple materials

And it’s a lovely target of things you need!

I personally like the resource mine and lumbermill from age of calamitous

2 Likes

Maybe after the farming thrall, we can get a forum post thrall that will express how we do or don’t like the game on Conan Forums. This would free me up to go play something else and just check in even more!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think the forum post thrall could be negative enough

1 Like

I like the idea of a “gatherer” as well, just like I appreciate the odd Sherpa that can be seen walking about throughout the land. Adds a bit of adventure other than ghosts and threats.

2 Likes

Then why else post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. I guess we’ll just have to keep it up! Hahaha

1 Like

Great idea. There are dozens of topics on how to thralls can be more useful. I would like to see it in the game without mods :gift_heart:

1 Like

I’m interested in the idea. Maybe a ‘peon’ type thrall who can be directed to harvest the nearest raw material (wood, grass, stone, etc.). Basically a guy who trudges to the nearest material source, slaves away until his inventory is full, then trudges home to drop it off.

It’d be watching these chumps getting bushwacked by hyenas.

My idea is balance.

Lol my biggest gripe is twine. I just never have it. Then I have to sickle some grass and make a bunch in the middle of whatever I’m doing. That and iron bar. I get it’s a survival game, but whenever I’m level 50, scouting the mountains for black ice and star metal, battling ferocious beasts and killing colonies of cimerians, I just don’t like to slow down to crack some iron and twist some twine.

If you want to equate this to reality, if I have a camp of people and I’m going hunting, their probably taking care of camp and making simple essentials.

1 Like

when I first got the game I thought this was possible… I believed it was the taskmaster NPCs that gathered resources… I was sadly disappointed lol… plz add the ability to have a “laborer” NPC that harvests resources (probably consuming a tool when “broken” and then consuming food and repair kits)…

The food (or maybe even coin) for resources conversion sounds like a great idea to me, maybe even have hunter thralls who hunt small game, or fisher thralls that manage fish traps and the thralls deliver meat to cooking stations, yes this is a crafting and building rpg, but at higher levels why shouldnt a i feel like a king in a castle builder rpg once my kingdom is built? Advancement should slowly remove micromanagement. This would make solo play alot funner and more rewarding as well. I think this could also open up the conversation to a more in depth wealth mangement system, because lets be frank, the merchants were disappointing, I can make my own iced tea and mystery meat soup, thanks. We could allow thralls to stop feeling like just tireless slaves and instead become proud citizens, farming and opening businesses, they added the signs didnt they!? Why not have actual working businesses? Id actually be proud to sit on my throne, as my servant brings me a cup of our kingdoms finests highland berry wine as a i look over what Ive worked so hard to build. This all sounds amazing to me. Then again, Im biased, as I am a solo player.

2 Likes

You know what, you have something going with the coin idea! I’d like to imagine something like this:

1. There would be a central in game “market” that is filled with some standard things (i.e. twine, brick, iron, wood, etc) and has an unlimited amount of coin. It can be accessed through the merchants in Seperemu.

2. You can sell things to the market. The value is obviously determined by rarity. The currency is 10 silver to 1 gold.

3. At level 50, you can create a “merchant booth” and it would require any thrall. That would give you access to the store wherever you put it.

2 Likes

Yeah Id love to be able to assign a cook thrall to a merchant booth and be able to actually purchase food from them. I love the tavern in supermeru but its not very fleshed out at all. Itd be nice to build my own and let my citizens run it.

The merchants need to be better lol, hands down. Creating a “global market” similar to the one in black desert would help that. And have some stuff randomly enter it, for the single player crowd.

I dont even mind the lack of a working economy as long as they actually sell worthwhile things. Gold is effin hard to get without just farming boat chests. Why the heck would i use it to buy a bear or elephant hide!? I can just go, KILL one, for free! I think one gold even gets you something as crappy as 5 flasks, like, dude. I can make literally 100 of those in one trip to a cave. And dont even get me started on the 100 gold mercenary thing. No thanks, my thralls i tamed for the cost of some plant fiber and seeds are probably stronger anyway.

1 Like

Yep, totally agree, In early levels gathering is usefull but later on feels very tiring, I play solo and eventually increased gathering rates, but even then was boring and started using admin panel, which shouldnt be, cuz is cheating.

Anyways, I have used lumbermill and mine mod, pretty simple and great mod but not very satisfaying, while Conscripts seems too much complicated.

Would be nice if: Example
Mine station: Requires Thralls (the more thralls more resources) for working (taskmaster improves rate speed and gather), uses food as fuel (like in conscripts mod, but easier).

And so with each, food, wood, iron, etc. Even that we could put thralls in fish traps.
That would be the realistic way of harvesting resources, but to be honest it would be nice if it were more auto like fish traps that require nothing and give resources after x time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.