Heartbeat Persists after Respawn when Killed by Hunger or Thirst

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

If you die of hunger or thirst, upon respawning you will hear the heart-beat sound until you exit and rejoin the server. Even removing your bracelet won’t stop it.

(Just did a quick test and this doesn’t seem to occur with heatstroke or frostbite, just thirst/hunger. Haven’t tested drowning.)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. As you’re dying of hunger or thirst, note that you can hear the heart-beat sound.
  2. Allow your character to die.
  3. Upon respawn, observe that the heart-beat noise persists even if you remove bracelet, use a maproom to teleport, or heal to full.
  4. Exit to main menu and rejoin the server to silence the noise and preserve your sanity.
6 Likes

Thank you! This happened to me last night, and I started to go into v-fib by sympathetically trying to match the beat. :wink:

4 Likes

DON’T YOU DIIIEEE ON MEEE, @BARNES!

Edit: What is up with the forums prompting, “Body of message unclear, are you sure it’s a complete sentence?”

3 Likes

Hey @Larathiel

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We’ve sent note to our team so they can take a look at it. Until then, hang on there, there’s so much life ahead!

2 Likes

Would have to test that on official servers.
I’m a champion at dying from thirst when testing stuff, and reading beside it. But i have read about this before several time, but never experimented it, this on privat servers and singleplayer. So seems to me like an official thing. It’s not very new, because saw report a while ago.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.