HEatStroke inside my Sepermeru Base?

I mean, black-ice is made for the north, mostly the very frozen north.
That people spawned black-ice nearly everywhere on the map has become very common.
Black-ice was also ajuted in testlive, and i think also some temp change going with it.

This was simply needed, and black-ice should been used in the desert, near the unnamed city, around Sepermeru, as in any hot area.

So yes, i think the major, or at least on of your problem is how your built your base.
Rebuild it just with frontier elements, and you should be way better.
Some torches may reduce temp, Mitra’s fountain and statue of refreshment do well to. Place furnaces wisely, and all should do fine.

1 Like

Here to, what is your base built of ?
How you build base should impact on the temp, it didn’t just enough in the past i may believe.
So people built bit everywhere with every mats.
I think climate has changed bit, but my bases are all built in appropriate materials for the appropriate areas they’re in, so i didn’t experience it much.

To state if it’s a bug or an adjustment it’s important to have the most infos possible still.

1 Like

Is your other base identical?

In order to find out what is causing the bug there are two ways. Basic Scientific method. The first test the heat in your base. The second I don’t recommend is building an identical base in every way in another location and seeing if it happens as well then change variable between them
 this is needless in this case.

The Braziers aren’t causing me much heat issue in my game, furnaces do. So Basically just turn off any heat source on that level and make sure all the Heat sources (Fireplace, Furnace, Braziers) a level below and a level above are turned off as well. Then see if it still happens (just move out of the way before you die) If you still hit hot or very hot then it may be a location bug (like the building pieces being too insulated)

If you aren’t seeing hot with the heat sources off, start turning them on 1 by 1 starting with the braziers in the room. Then sources on the floor above and below. After each one take a look. That should only take 10-15 minutes at most.

This will basically determine one of three 3 things
 maybe 4.

Is it a Location based bug? Is it a Building Bug? Is it a Heat Source Bug? Is it something funky in your game?

The first three are then easily verified by others by using the same building elements and just confirming it happens. The last one is much harder.

I don’t even know if Devs look at the forums but by giving solid data they are more likely to look into it.

I would start with the braziers and wait until the heat metre stops moving after each one just to see if their is a max number required. If you find it is something on a lower level leave it on and turn off the brazier to see if turning them off will lower the heat enough. (for example if you have the new Kiln or Furnaces below you that when active cause the Heatstroke if you are above them and moving them isn’t really an option but turning the braziers lowers the heat just enough you won’t die then you know when you log off to turn the braziers off. As at least a basic work around)

It may be location based, it may be funky stuff happening. I don’t know. You can provide data though that will actually say what is causing the bug nearly definitively

If you discover it is location based post a map to show people where you are so it can be tested.
If it is particular source alone under or above indicate which and how many.
If it is a combo indicate the combo that pushed you to heat stroke.

Finding the bug and being able to say yes this is the bug, this is exactly how to reproduce it and having people do that increase the odds that it will get noticed and can be fixed. (not be a lot dev’s seem to care more about up votes on some silly board then actually fixing bugs that break the game. For some but not all.

Well, I get the ‘very hot’ message standing in my heat-insulated castle in heat protection epic flawless armor in front of a row of iceboxes

A few steps away and the temperature goes down to more normal Levels.
Something is very off here after the patch.

Found the culprit to my heat problem: The fireplace is radiating too much heat from two levels below (each level two walls high), even when switched off. I had to remove it completely :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have another Black Ice Castle in Heat Location, theres a lot furnaces and dont happens it.

Maybe yet, but don’t be surprised if this happen in the futur.

You know that black-ice is for the cold, so it’s bit searching for problems at my opinion.
I built also black-ice bases in the volcano in the past, but i knowed doing that it’s not intended for there, and it was and a test, and a strategie.

It’s your choice, but the temp was allready much harsher in EA, and it seems they changed it bit back again in this direction. What is a very good i think.
No need for climate, different tier for different temps if they don’t matter.

I have ran different tests again today, on different location on the map about temp. And yes, it changed slightyl, but is still very manageable if you use the correct material and armours.

I documented a tread about the north with pictures if you want take a look.

The problem seems to be the fireplaces Because changing them, with braziers (vanilla ones) immediatelly solved the issue. It happens only when they are close together, possibly in the vertical direction(?) I haven’t made too many expeirments as I don’t want to mess with my base too much

I use fireplaces mostly only in the north, braziers in the south, still just a few.

There also special torches that reduce heat, and can come handy in hot climate. Also don’t forget the Mitra items giving also refreshment and cooling down the nearby area.

Most lightsources give also some heat, it’s realistic in a way.
Sure we love all fire, but need use them wisely, and not overdue with lightsources.
To many lightsources in a same area isn’t good anyway, and can give strange light glitch and effect.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.