Hello! Let's take a look at the future

Greetings everyone! My name is Chris Meredith, also known as Nirvelle, and I have the pleasure of taking over as Lead Designer for Secret World Legends.

Before we get into the future of Secret World Legends, I would like to thank Tilty/Romain for his years of tireless and unceasing enthusiasm on the project. It has truly been an honor to work with him. If you haven’t seen his farewell, please check it out at Au revoir (and thanks for all the fish).

“Wait, who is doing what now?” A little background is in order: I started with Funcom as a GM just before The Secret World launch back in June 2012. In Feb 2014, I moved to the development team as a Gameplay Designer and have been making fun (and sometimes crazy) things ever since – missions, raid and dungeon bosses (New York Nightmare was a passion project), achievements, reworked scenarios, just to name a few things.

I look forward to getting to better know our amazing community (you guys rock) and work with you to improve Secret World Legends while delivering fun new content. Come say Hi in the Secret World Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/secretworldlegends

Secret World Legends will be continuing to get new updates. One of our big focuses is reducing the time between content updates – We know just how painful the content droughts have been and are looking at ways to reduce the time between updates.

A quick teaser of some things to look forward to:

• We’re working on more missions to flesh out New Dawn. Wait, why is there a laser sight aimed at my hea-
  • There’s been a strange rumbling in the depths of Agartha… Concerning. The custodians seem happy about it though. One just walked by carrying a balloon.

We also want to hear what YOU want to see in the game. Please head on over and let us know: What NEW thing do YOU want to see added to Secret World Legends?

Happy gaming and remember: We are All Made of Stars!

-Chris “Nirvelle” Meredith

30 Likes

Microwaved Sardine cache when?

7 Likes

Sounds good!
I am curious though, and this is something i’ve been wanting since early in The Secret World.
What about cosmetic body tattoos?
When will the wardrobe be fixed so it shows things like Weiss Knight and Streetwear Samurai uniforms?

1 Like

I hope they fix the agent art some day.

Please keep suggestions for new content to this thread: What NEW thing do YOU want to see added to Secret World Legends?

No Andy Microwaved sardine event with world boss XD

depositphotos_9977056-stock-photo-perch-fish-with-open-mouth

6 Likes

Right. The most urgent matter, obviously: The Morninglight needs an update! This entire Change mantra is so 2008! :wink:

More seriously, think of the GMs. Really. I’d love to see the top /petition-ed bugs stomped out for good. Maybe a decrease in CS workload would let you recruit a promising GM for design duties!

1 Like

BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzDark l’Agartha comingBzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I would like to see Achievement Replayability added to the game.

As much fun as it is to start a brand new character just to do Lava Game Champion again, there are only so many character slots.
It feels like the hooks are still there in game, as even if you have the achievement the symbol will still show up in the parking garage in kaidan.
So it would be really nice to see if I am still capable of that (or other, say Cost of Magic) achievements again on the same character.
I think it would give a little more replay life to the game in general.

Also… carrots.

2 Likes

So…when is the Kawaii Cache release date…all pink and pretty?
kawaii

3 Likes

Welcome to the spotlight! Looking forward to see what you do with it :slight_smile:

Also, loved NM NY. This bodes well, yes.

The Spynocache

3 Likes

Welcome Chris!
And what an entrance i may add
A balloon you say? Birthday treats incoming!!!

1 Like

That when we finally get the Anime Touched weapons?

4 Likes

Welcome!

Are they Bee-shaped Balloons?
Will YOU be picking up lore? (OWW) Legends! I said Legends!

gnaws on servers in greetings

2 Likes

Just one thing in priority:

Merged all “team search” chat into one common readable from all instances.

Another thing:

The possibility of creating and proposing missions

1 Like

Congrats on the new position, I’m looking forward to seeing where you and the team take us from here - those teasers were pretty intriguing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats and good luck!

Is this how @Nirvelle got his new job? :smirk:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2018-04-16

1 Like

Congratulations on the new position.
Was always wonderful seeing you in the past in testlive, looking forward to what you and the team cook up next!

6 Likes