Help a Tiger in need

, ,

So I decided to take my Tiger out adventuring with me this evening as it had been a while. He is my highest level follower and is around lvl 19.7. With the final level impending I need to think carefully about what I want to increase. With only 95 armor, I would like to focus on that. But heres the trouble; I no longer know which meat to feed him to bolster his odds of getting an armor increase since the Attribute rework. I am fairly certain it used to be Agility, with the percentage increase by feral flea feral flesh. Is it still or has it changed? Can anyone help?

2 Likes

Armor is governed by grit. Feral Flesh is still the food for that.

3 Likes

Wiki says, there is no “Grit-Food”… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Ah, tiger is another pet Funcom messed up the diets on. Looks like the base game tigers have grit missing, while the DLC skinned tigers have correct diets.

3 Likes

The armor of any creature is based on Grit. But the perks are still rng, so no matter what you’ll feed your thrall pet, the perks are slot machine drops.
There for here’s what i have to suggest!
First, if a follower doesn’t have good armor or cannot gain good armor then focus on vitality. Higher hp than the average is very useful to keep your followers alive. So after your followers get lvl 20 breed them some rejuvenate potions until they get the stats that you wish your followers to have.
So don’t focus on what to breed them until 20, but focus on getting them 20 alive. The perks can be handled later :wink:.

I personally never lvl up thralls unless they are greater, because only them worth the effort. The others all you need is something to go wrong and they are as good as dead even if they are lvl 20 :confused:. Especially now that the followers are very “low”.
Good luck with your beauty kitty :blush:. Keep her safe :metal:

3 Likes

Trial on another pet to test the differences.

1 Like

Thankyou all very much for your reples to date.

Aye I did manage to ascertain that Grit governs armor, at least now. If memory serves me correctly Agility used to add to his armor back prior to the Pet Attribute changes. On the Wiki, and feral flesh should provide the percentage bonus to Grit, but it provides a bonus to Agility (no idea what that does for Pets now). See below (heres his stats @stelagel)

That is where what @Talyna said comes into play. As far as I can tell, there is currently no Grit food, and hence no way to improve my Tigers armor rating!

So ot sound like this is now a bug report. His levelling will have to wait until another time.

1 Like

Many Pets have different preferred diets and idiosyncracies in that regard Paolo. Unfortunately my only Pets are my Tiger and a White Tiger, who I have yet to start levelling. I also have a Gold and a Silver veined rocknose, but they stay in the Aniaml Pen producing gold and silver ore for me. Got to to keep that wealth flowing. :wink:

Is that tiger from pre-3.0? Legacy pets can’t earn grit, and even with only 40% growth, it should have gotten at least one point in 19 levels.

The messed up diets have been reported plenty of times already, but so far, Funcom has not acknowledged them at all.

2 Likes

And that right there is part of my beef with the current state of Pets, and the decision to nerf cats and canines. But I won’t get into that. My Tiger is not really there to help me in battles per se @stelagel. By that I mean he does accompany me into battles occasionally, but usually just against mild to moderate enemies for the aforementioned reasons. He is more there for roleplay value and because he is a cat, and I like cats! :cat2: When it comes to high end, risque battles I go it alone. As a diehard Crom devotee, I do not like to rely on others to help me win my battles. For CROM!!:mountain_snow: That is why I rarely use followers, and I still have not got one to lvl 20 yet. :laughing: But my Tiger is still dear to me, and as my favourite followet by a country mile, I am determined that he be the first.

1 Like

Oh is he ever. I got him shortly after Pets were first added to Conan Exiles! He is kind of sentimental to me.

Are you absolutely certain about him being unable to earn Grit, or are you speculating? And if so, would consuming a follower Rejuvenation Potion allow him to earn Grit?

I may have to have a go at it.

Any followers that were placed prior to 3.0 have 0 grit and cannot gain more through leveling.

The Elixir of Rebirth can give it perks with bonus to grit, it looks like the tiger already has +3 from a perk.

What does Agility do for Pets now?

Absolutely nothing.

Unless they are a mount, then they improve aiming with a bow while riding them.

Thralls will at least still get 10% of the agility damage bonus if they are using a strength weapon (and vice versa), but pets don’t even get that.

Your selection of +grit perks are super limited. Tigers have four possible, Playful +5, Unflinching +3, Quick Reflexes +5, and Wild Swiftness +10. However, due to your tiger not having any natural grit, it will never qualify to earn Quick Reflexes or Wild Swiftness.

That leaves you with only two tiger perks that give grit, plus the three universal perks that can give +1, +2, or +3 to all attributes.

The most grit you could possibly get would be +11 from Universal Warrior, Unflinching, and Playful, but that’d only be worth a total of 176 armor. And the more +grit perks you can roll, the fewer +vitality or +strength you’re going to wind up with.

So if your tiger is valuable for sentimental reasons, it should probably be kept safe in an internal room at base and out of harm’s way. Raise a new tiger if you want one to fight.

I totally respect that. If my pet could stay alive just by following me, i would probably had one with me. Especially camel.
Before the new update 3.0 i did a challenge with a camel

I fell in love with camels in this challenge, i just ordered attack nothing and before every new battle i was asking my camel to stop and called her only when i wanted to load something to her.
But! If you have a follower with you this way you must slay everything in your path because your pet has the great risk to get attacked by the ones you agroed and lef alive. I almost lost my Camelia in the sunken city because i decided to run and avoid the upper guards.
After the nerf however, camels and horses die like flies. It’s the only nerf i disagree heavily so far. Non attacking animals, literally lifting companions must have an option, an item to consume or a spell and stay totally invisible from enemies while they are in attack nothing order… This way not only we will enjoy the companionship of a pet, but we will be able to use them constantly without fear. If however the case of my pet is a tiger, no matter if it’s on attack nothing mode, i can still fast order it to attack.
In this case i take the risk, my decision to risk my pets life, nobody else’s. Because as soon as i order my pet to attack then the invisibility if my pet is lost and the life of my pet is in jeopardy.

(Off topic)

Brother :metal:Croms blessing is giving us strength.
Wonkaaa where are you, join our party barbarian.
Croms, @Wonka is a unique soul, he is in my heart, truly!
If he joins you 'll understand why :grin:.

1 Like

@Xevyr wrote a small script to repair that problem.
But I can’t find it atm…

1 Like

Here it is though obviously it needs database access so only works in single player PC or your own private server

2 Likes

Thx again!
It worked perfectly on single player and privat server!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.