High FPS drift still exists

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Your character will slowly drift instead of coming to a stop if your FPS is around 120 or higher. Very reproduceable at a capped 144 fps.

Expected Behavior:

“Rejoice, PC Master Race! It is now possible to play above 60fps without having your character slowly drifting out of sheer graphical power. #hidigitalfoundry

This was supposed to be fixed in 2.4.6 but still exists. It does happen far less often, but still getting character drifting

Installed Mods:

Barbarian Barbers 3.5.2
People of Hyboria 1.0.1
Kerozards Paragon Leveling - Reloaded - 2.3.3
ModControlPanel
Unlock Plus (with Pickup) 1.4.9
Better Thralls 1.9.14
Improved Quality of Life 3.4.3
Hosav’s Custom UI Mod 2.2.1
Builder’s Workbench Reborn v2.3.0
Fashionist 4.2.2
Less Building Placement Restrictions 7.2.9
Building Shortcut Bar 1.4.6
NoxUIchanges

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Obtain 144 capped fps
  2. Move character
  3. Stop moving character
  4. Drift

Could you confirm it does this without this mod installed? Typically I would suggest testing without any mods (and arguably it should still be done), but none of the listed jump out at me where it could affect the change. I mention IQOL since it edits the SK for Male/Female, but I don’t know if that would affect it.

For my part, I haven’t been able to reproduce it based on the information given, but I’m also not able to hit 144 FPS to begin with (not at 4K anyways). Since you said it happens less often, are there instances or a reproduceable case that can be given where it triggers the issue?

Yeah didn’t seem like a mod-related bug, but good call on IQOL SK. Just did a bit more testing - all mods off and still getting drift bug. But its very specific.

1. In-game cap @ 144 fps (“Max FPS”)
  2. Vsync off might help - (on my machine, the engine caps the game @ 138fps with vsync on)
  3. Make sure you’re at a locked/maxed 144fps and you’ll get character drift

Not surprised you weren’t able to reproduce it. Wasn’t happening with uncapped, or any other fps cap (60/120/etc.) So yeah, very minor - but hey… happened to me and was driving me nuts still. Other details that might, but probably don’t matter: 2560x1440, Fullscreen, All settings maxed & on besides motion blur, vsync, and AA at 4x.

Edit: Nevermind, still getting drift with 120 cap as well, when the fps hits 120.

I can confirm that this is still happening, not in SP or COOP for some odd reason, but even on the official servers I still get High FPS Drift

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.