High Priority Fixes Build 104551/18892 [13.08.2018]

Fish traps and wells being fixed is really great, HOWEVER, there are still a metric ton of things to be fixed, IMPORTANT THINGS.

1.) CODE, speed it up, maybe what you devs need to do is strip the code, and find out what is causing FPS/LAG drops, MAYBE?
2.) Advertising nag, if the DLC has been purchased, why should we have to look at the nag?
3.) Health drop upon eating food. This is rediculous, the Exile lands are full of badass criminal types, I doubt very seriously they would choke on food. FIX THIS CRAP.
4.) LOOT INTERFACE, this is very annoying the (F) loot all doesn’t work. Same issue with fishtraps, you have to (E) open container to get anything out (F) isn’t even an option.
5.) Set T3 altar vanishes (since the last patch or two) So roll the clock back to 2017, great job.
6.) Tools/weapons moving from hotbar to inventory while using them. Uncooked flesh/putrid, whatever fills the slot instead. This is rediculous, and a complete troll that it hasn’t been fixed.
7.) CRAFTING STATIONS stop running on log-out, THIS IS REDICULOUS. Like any of us have time for babysitting stations, or be expected to hope beyond hope we don’t fall over dead while spinning just to complete a run of (insert craftables here). Give us a break.
8.) Attack ability stops (with full stamina) and necessitates re- arming to begin attacking again, this has been a problem since launch, and is again, REDICULOUS.
9.) Aquilonian triangle floor/overheads look like a badly milled set of kids blocks, and look like crap.
10.) Star metal no longer delaminates using orbs. Bombs work (IF you can explode them without rolling them down a cliff), as jars are no longer detonated by arrows or orbs OF ANY KIND. Some starmetal nodes will not delaminate no matter what you do. THIS IS BLSHT, the biome, and the area that it ‘falls’ in is so hostile, who has time, or resources to keep making trips into the area over and over to get nothing, or maybe get 40% of what is spawned?

There is alot more wrong, but these are IMO the worst bugs/troll ‘features’. The game is rough enough without these obstacles.

1 Like

It’s good this patch worked for you. But it doesn’t for the majority of the people as it seems. And as long as the patch doesn’t work for all people in all addressed points, the issues can’t be dismissed as “fixed”.

The fish traps ain’t working. Hostile NPCs don’t even aggro correctly when I am all alone on my (official) server. The issue goes to almost complete unresponsiveness the more people are online, but for some reason, is seems to only affect humanoids. Animals are as hostile and a heel biting pest as ever.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining. This is puzzling because we just did some pressure tests with local community college volunteers, and even our Windows 8.1 backup box (a donated burnout) ran 50 slots with no issues. Large, populated dbs from other servers, so there was no gaming the numbers. Local and through the Internet.

1 Like

So this is a big one any thrall that is in follow mode with a bow during a fight will aim at the person then shoot straight up into the air. Other thralls that are stationary defense thralls have this issue sometimes

1 Like

Like Anti-Aircraft Turrets ? lol

I try to consentrate on the patchnotes, and the change from before, thats all i can do.

It`s weird that this doesent work at your server, and it is for sure wery hard to fix something when the feedback isnt consistent.

I would suggest that the devs look on the serverside of things now, because ai are of course dependant on both cpu and bandwith as well as an easy to run code to work.

My server is populated with 5-25 people online, and there are massive builds all over the place.
The things in patchnotes look wery good so far here, and if some have this issues still on official the key is this, look ion to the serverside of it i guess.

It happens with axe too, and you end up with 50 axes in a pile after an incredible arc. It’s pretty amazing. To get them to stahp, take the weapon into your inventory, then put it back into their hand until they accept it. Can be done on the run using Equip hotkey.

yep, I was in pvp during raid time then suddenly he just fired up, before the patch it was only after completion of combat now its during, and its very annoying. gas orbs and throwing axes are ok still but its when you need it most with this intermittent problem.

Fishtraps - yes, but then I never had a problem with them. So no change (for me). I realize the reason we’re seeing very different reactions to this patch and its claimed fixes is that different things were broken for different people before.

Floating thralls are still floating on my (official) server.

NPCs do seem to aggro more often, but it’s still intermittent - or at least the range they aggro at seems to vary. Sometimes a tiger will jump me from a hundred meters out or more, other times I can mine the iron node right next to it and it doesn’t care.

Still no luck for me in this. Melee thralls seem to spring into action after I get hit (if I’m close to them when I do), but archers are still dead. Some of the archers will eventually run down and try to melee the (now dead) hostile.

I’m sure they fixed something and I’m happy a lot of things are working for you. But it’s far from a universal fix. The fact that issues were reported on the testlive and still this patch went live (not the first time this has happened, either) leaves a sour taste for a lot of people.

Playing official, so no mods to blame.

This is the most anoying thing ever because it is wery nice when this sits like it should, and as long as i had this problem before, and now its gone i have good hopes that this well be ironed out for all shortly.

I equipped 2 archers with throwing axes now, and pulled a shaleback in range, they throw like theres no tomorrow, and it anoyes me that not everyone gets to use/see the real features working.

In other words, i feel your pain, and i hope they can see why the feedback is different depending on what server you play on.

Just so you guys know: We are noting down additional info both positive and negative and it’s being taken back to the team. Thanks for the reports.

3 Likes

Yes! That’s the crux of the matter: I may complain a lot, but I complain because I care. Because for one beatiful session the other night (before the patch, for the record) I seemed to have functional AI on my follower thrall, and it changed the feel of the game immensely: the broken thralls totally ruins the suspension of disbelief, which in turn means that the gorgeous art and wonderful setting is largely wasted. Which is a real pity!

I think they can. I am quite sure they’re aware of the issues, and I am well aware that this is by no means an easy fix.

1 Like

Quoted for the truth, couldnt agree more.

I found the first paragraph regarding the dedicated server very interesting, as I’ve been running a rented one (i’m sure it’s virtual), for a year and a half now. The week before the final release patch in April it was running great, since then it’s been awful, but I’m really not sure if it’s the server or the code or both. Now I’m tempted to build my own dedicated server and experiment.

Fingah, Did you play on testlive over the weekend?

Please do try it. Break off a spare Windows 7 machine with 16GB RAM. Make sure it’s got no other processes running, and you will be astounded.

Prior to release I was able to receive a refund from the previous provider. I had been running a 20-slot with lots of troubles prior to Release. Now I just host 60-slot donor machines in my server room. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I play on official server 1975 (SA; PVE) and I can confirm that low HP thralls on login bug persists. Also, old fishtraps works fine now, but the new ones I’ve built yesterday disappeared on server restart. New shellfish traps, however, work fine - even on dry large well (?). New wells (both normal and large) are empty on server restart and do not fill up. I’ve noticed that most (if not all) floating thralls are still in the air. Defending thrall archers are erratic, firing up on mobs once or twice, then stopping for some time, then firing once or twice again - tested with giant crocodile in a single battle near my clan’s main base. Finally, I’m not sure if that is a bug or is intentional, but shellfish of any type cannot be processed into oil, but the unsavory ones can be cooked for ichor.

2 Likes

No i did not, last i played testlive was the event.

I’m confused. On testlive the half health bar after joing server was fixed for me. Now, after live update, I still experience this issue on my dedicated server (privat, no mods). Can somebody confirm this please?

It seems to me it is just after a server restart now, as everytime i log on now the thralls have full hp.
Will have to confirm after a server reboot.

Also i saw that the thralls you pull of the wheel fresh needs to fill their hp, after that none og of mine have had any hp issue.

Also on private dedicated - no mods.

Edit:
If you talk about your character health bar, then i have seen it 1 time after the last patch.

1 Like