Hilarious ways to lose UNCONQUERED - share your trauma

That is a good one.

I am on character 8. Nothing too funny, most just my own impatience and stupidity so I have only made it to lvl 47 so far. The worst one for me was falling through the floor in Underhalls - a place I have been to a 1000 times. I felt like an idiot. The most annoying ones for me is twice on a DT doing the Tortage destiny quest I went to the Warehouse and it freezes. I hear the enemy and eventually die.

I should just make it harder and start and Unconquered Purist toon. I have not made lvl 50 anyway so what is the risk at this point :slight_smile:

Most frustrating one was with lvl 74 bear in villas…been there hundreds of times, went into one room and suddenly had six mobs on me with health under half and was surrounded and died.

Frustrating. Now I avoid that particular area and go up from the stairs instead

have died to asleep at kb, alt tabbing at a ‘safe area’ that wasn’t…died in UH with barb and surrounded by four mobs

1 Like

Not sure it qualifies it hilarious way of losing my unconquered HoX but I could at least laugh about it. I was level 43-ish and decided to go do some Villas as they are harmless and quite good XP.

It started well until I got up to the 2nd floor of Villa Amiel. One of the guards there decided to knockback me, I sighed a bit (KB is the CC I hate the most) and got up. Little did I know that knockback would be the end of me. That sneaky guard had put me inside the wall and I couldnt flee, use /stuck or do anything. So I could just watch as the guard slowly, really really slowly, ate my health points away. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lag. 3 times. Now i never trying unconq again.

Lost my latest Unconq Char, a Level 69 DT in Thunderriver by a Bug.
Leveling in Tankstance, killing some Picts in this Area, doing Quests. Run to 2 NPC Archers, Pictish Fleshripper, 2-3 Level below me…one Archer Hits me for 9642 Damage. I was instant Dead with a full Lifepool.

My first two tries with an Unconquered Char ended up dying by lag in lower Level. Screen freezing, and Dt´s falling to Death.

Thx Funcom for this Experience.

That was the last time I let this company with all its bad, non-existent support still a cent to come. It’s sad how a game maker can make a game that way and the player does not care. One can only advise against anybody to financially support Funcom in any way.

Pyramid got my sin too! The game had been spank easy so far and at 42 I thought I was going to wreck that place but I activated the wards too late. Going to try this again and just do the content I’m familiar with lol

I was roleplaying with some of my female guild members and well one thing led to another…

Neverlin came in…knife emote flew…

When the dust settled someone had rp plunged a steely blade into mine abdomen and I was naught for life…

As bounded by RP tradition i was forced to remake with no explanation that i was unconquered!

1 Like

I had some near death experiences but that was the worst:
I was leveling my level 39 unconquered barbarian. The game disconected me. I log in fast.
I’m surrounded by 5 mobs lvl 38 with i had near 200 health, somehow manage to drink a lvl 30 cheap health potion and fast kill 2 mobs, make a small run while blood rage healed me, then killed the other 3. The game remain lagged so i just quit 5 minutes later.

I was playing it very carefully, taking my lvl 16 HoX into the volcano for the first time.
Mobs were at lvl 11.
Just killed Shenti-Aku and was running to the exit.
The game suddenly became laggy and started rubberbanding.
I only had to cross the last little bridge when I suddenly found myself engulfed by lava.

Okay … as they say when making movies: Scene 7 Take 2

1 Like

Clipped through that tall ladder in the Acheronian Ruins on Tortage and plummeted to my death! Good times!

“Played many hours on normal without a disconnect”. Man, you called it, I don’t think I had a disconnect while playing since I stopped unconquered. One at login but none while playing.

Tortage, destiny quest, barbarian. Like a feline, I climb the tall tower that will lead me to the treasury. The two guards have no escape from me, they don’t even know what hit them. I walk in, silent as a cat. As a shadow I steal the key from Strom, too drunk for perceive my presence. A single guard protects the treasury, it is an insult, the axe rotates fast and his head flies, I open the door, the phoenix medallion is mine. I go out and take the stairs … I’m stuck, I can’t climb up, I can’t get off. I try one desperate jump … a bloodstain is all that remains of me, in a sleepy and silent Tortage at night

8 Likes

Even R. E. Howard could not describe it better :grinning:

1 Like

Doing forgotten City on an assassin. Get to the second boss an kill with a fatality. The fatality cutscene was the one where you do a forward roll… right off the cliff.

That was attempt 29. I will start attempt 30 “soon”.

3 Likes

Funny. I did almost the same thing yesterday at that second boss with my assassin, except all I did was follow through on a SDS and off the cliff I went. I was level 55 and that was attempt 15. Just started a DT to try once again. Getting expensive as I am a sucker for the starter pack, especially the red bandana

SIGH played my HoX to lvl 54 and just started questing on the Coast of Ardashir.
Killed 4 Zombies and 4 Ghouls, picked a fight with a couple more …
Suddenly I was engulfed bij a horde of the buggers and at the receiving end of Overwhelming hits and no opening for an escape.
Seems I missed some patrolling Neophyte’s with their entourage. :smirk: :nauseated_face:
Okay, REROLL :cold_sweat: :anguished: :scream:

BAAAAAHHHHH … got to level 60 this time …
Entered the destiny-quest cave in Thunder River …
Killed by the bloody dogs bosses Theron and Labros :roll_eyes: :cry:

But … this attempt was better as the last :crazy_face:

Doing optional bosses that only drop dog :poop: is a great attitude to master hc :sunglasses: you guys fail since you dont have the proper mindset of beeing prepared each time. In each move consider what could happen, think 2 steps further, is it worth taking the risk etc.?

Only excuse i have is … haven’t been in that cave for about 18 months (since Saga of Zath I suppose) and didn’t bother to check YouTube. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
And 1 more mistake I made (and noticed to late): I only needed 1 more mob kill to become lvl 61 in a lvl 60 cave :exploding_head: and every little bit helps, doesn’t it? :woozy_face:

Getting there I was very careful, doing as much green (or even grey) quest as i could and leaving out tricky stuff like Lord Atum-Keket (all of Pyramid actually) and group activities that make me dependent of others. :face_with_monocle:

The one thing I absolutly refuse to do … is getting powerleveled :innocent:

1 Like