Hilarious ways to lose UNCONQUERED - share your trauma

So many ways, how to pick just one.
I’ve been killed in turan, I think a shark ate me. Won’t go there on an unconquered agian. But I think the best so far was my lvl 70 TOS. I had just reached lvl 70 and was in Khemi at the trader picking up gear a guildie had made me. When my UI went funny and it walked me off the docks and under a boat. I promptly drowned as I had no control over my character. Still dont understand what happened but it just proves that everything hates a TOS.
I wasnt happy about it but in the end its just a game. And Im the idiot that decided to try and get a TOS to 80 and be unconquered.
This is my 5th attempt to get a TOS to 80. I think its poss that im a glutton for abuse. :grin:

2 Likes

You have company, my friend. My last attempt was a ToS that bought it on the volcano on Tortage. I knew nothing about the class, almost at 60 now and realize the folly of unconquered. Good luck!

1 Like

I keep trying assassin. Highest is 58. I have not died from the toon yet - every time it is me being rushed on terrain, or walking away in a spawn area, playing late at night tired and waking up dead. I die once on the volcano quest in Tortage when the game froze right after I switched blood so I when I could log back in I was dead. I have tried Conq a few times too. Usual deaths, last one was I got too confident in how many I could pull in Vanahiem.
Regardless of these events the Unconquered challenge is keeping me interested enough to keep trying. Trying to mix it up now by trying multiple at once. Have a Necro, Conq, and ■■■ all in the mid 30s just questing away in Gateway until I can try Forgotten City.

1 Like

So after about 30 attempts, I finally completed this challenge. In all those attempts I had many times I died to server side lag or disconnects. This got me to thinking…
I created a new Bear Shaman and did NOT select unconquered. I took the same basic path of quests and zones. I made it to 80 without and deaths and I had zero disconnects. I deleted the Bear and created a Necromancer. This time I did select unconquered. I made it to level 58 following almost exactly the same zone/quest path as I did with the Bear Shaman. At level 58 I had 2 disconnects (but did not die). I also have had more “red bar” lag spikes with the Necro than I did the Bear.

This makes me think that there is something about being in Unconquered mode that causes this. Of course my sample size is too small to prove anything, but it does make one wonder.

I have noticed the exact same thing. I play for hours on my regular characters, few disconnects but I try unconquered and it is much worse. It does make me wonder.

1 Like

Well I didn’t make it to 80 Unconquered (not that it is a big deal since I have done it once). I was 5% from level 78 when my client just closed. No warning, error message or any indication anything was amiss, just poof - desktop. I was dead when I logged back on.

1 Like

First char was a Demo, fell to death in FoTD after rubberbanding. Level 40-something. Made 80 on the demo on the next try. Then I rolled a Barb, have almost kitted out my old main that was made in 2008, and wanted a new one to work on. Would be nice to have Unconquered badge on it, I thought. Steamrolling through, decided to go Ardashir Arena. Forgot about that oneshot ability of one of the bosses, turned out it was a 360 AOE and that got me at level 57. Rerolled, and made it to level 28 before noticing the char had fat legs. Deleted and rerolled. Made it to lvl 74, where I got KB’d into a pillar and stuck there while mobs in Khesh nuked me. The following reroll got it. Farming the kushite / darfari mobs in PLS was a nice and efficient way to get from 77 to 80.

from experience I tell you no. It is a mental illusion. When with your main you have red peaks or disconnections you think “it’s AoC” and you don’t even notice it because nothing too serious happens that at most you click “release”. When it happens to you in unconquered you are more careful, it is more serious and dangerous and it sticks with you. I managed to unconquered on the third attempt, the first fail was for the pg stuck on stair, Tortage rougue destiny level15, the second for being overestimated with too large pulls at level 78 and i was for surrender. The third one went well but I have risked at least 4-5 times of losing unconquered but not more often than when I use my main. But I remember the blasphemies at Crom only in unconquered

1 Like