Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Compared to all of the other Jerky foods in the game, Honey Jerky decays at the same rate as normal food in spite of requiring several ingredients to cook. It’s decay time is 1 hour, whereas other jerkys are much longer.
Additionally, when compared to the Roasted Haunch, it weighs the same and has the same decay time, yet heals less and sates less hunger while requiring far more resources:
- Roasted Haunch requires Exotic Flesh and a Campfire
- Honey Jerky requires 1 Exotic Flesh, 3 Honey, 1 Salt, a Cook, and a Stove
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Cook Roasted Haunch at Campfire, observe decay time weight, healing/hunger amounts restored
- Cook Honey Jerky at Stove, observe how its stats are equal to or worse than Roasted Haunch in every respect in spite of the greater amount of resources & infrastructure required
- Cook other types of Jerky at the Stove and compare their stats vs. their nearest non-jerky equivalent from the Campfire (Trail Jerky vs Roasted Haunch, Savory Jerky vs Grilled Steak, Bush Jerky vs. Shredded Roast)
- Observe that while the Jerkys’ stats are always equal in weight and stack size, and lower in health regen and hunger sated, and increase thirst; the trade-off is that the jerkys’ decay times are much longer. Compare that with Honey Jerky and note that it has no trade-offs, it is simply just worse in every way.
It would seem that the intent of having 2 jerkys based off Exotic Flesh was probably to have a simpler one that increases thirst (Trail Jerky), and another that does not (Honey Jerky), but without the increased decay time on Honey Jerky, it’s simply a trap for the unwitting. Since it does not increase thirst, and does not require finding a Specialist Cooking recipe, I would suggest setting its decay time halfway between that of the Roasted Haunch and the other Jerkys to make it a useful choice.