How can i get a Purge in the Volcano?

I don´t get purged in the volcano area in SP. The meter is full, when i go to other areas a purge starts almost instantly. I have two bases in the volcano plus many stairs and bridges all over the area. My main base is on one of the spires but the entrance is well accessible, the other base is completely accessible just southwest of the Shrine. I waited for days several times, nothing! Has anyone experience with this? Is the volcano-purge bugged?

1 Like

The purge picks a random place to attack. Likely that it just has not gone to the volcano. I have a base in the volcano on an official server and it rarely gets attacked but it does happen.

2 Likes

There are few spot of map that don’t seem trigger it, Its pretty rare to be built within one.

Volcano does purge, it can be fairly rare give or take spot. Few spot on map I’ve stood around with only the one base, and waited a few in-game days.

Soon as I place a foundation else were. horn sound XD

3 Likes

Interesting didn’t know there were spots it wouldn’t purge.

Ok, i shall try other spots. If i can catch Esz of the Brood or her friends, that would be great :smiling_imp:

To my knowledge you don’t have to build in the volcano to get a volcano purge. Just in the vicinity of it. Also there are purge breakdowns online that show purge boundaries and what spawns.

2 Likes

The wiki has a great purge map. https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/The_Purge

2 Likes

Just when i wanted to mention that i know the wiki: It says the votaries can purge in the ice area!
Thanks! I actually have a base there, let´s try that.

3 Likes

Success! Ssss Flickertongue, Experimenter Sulis and Hakiz the Bane are mine!
But i think that Purges are more rare not only in the volcano, but also in the Ice Area (at least in SP).

1 Like

I get hit all time in Northwest, My little 3x4 shack gets hit by nords quite abit, and my tower in mountains to far west does as well. (its mostly a funnel spot on edge, so they only have one way in)

If you are the only one/clan on the server and a purge is activated then the chances are higher that the purge will be at you base, or any of your clan bases/builds around the map.

If another clan as well as yours are on at the same time, all of that clan bar one member are online and the purge starts (5 to 20min before actual purge notification pops up I think?) AND that other clan member logs out, the Purge may have already set their clan as the target. You obviously know if you’re the target. :slight_smile: - and as @Wak4863 says, I do think all areas that players can build in, including volcano areas, can have a Purge.

We have a wheel built close to the volcano obbi… purge works fine there usually a named thrall with each wave … but yeh it depends if it picks that location to hit :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.