How do baby animals spawn?

Hi guys. New player to CE here. Just wondering about how baby animals spawn. Do they spawn at a random chance in place of an adult or do they require adults nearby to spawn? I ask because I accidentally killed a baby salamander at night and I haven’t seen one spawn since. I’ve been culling the adults in the spawn areas for an hour or two now and still no babies. I figured I must be doing something wrong.

1 Like

Some places are a guaranteed spawn for bady animal.
But it look like the baby animal you talking about share it spawn point with the adult. The baby would spawn less often than the adult, so best way take note how many adult you have kill if less than what you expected there may be a baby about.

3 Likes

Certain animals seem painfully difficult to spawn babies, salamanders being one of them. No 100% spawn point for them that I’m aware of.

3 Likes

When a mommy animal and a daddy animal love each other very much…

5 Likes

The shoebills and the bees

2 Likes

Thanks! This confirmed my suspicion that the adults and babies (for the salamanders, at least) share the same spawn point. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I probably should have set up a dinner date for them first eh? :wink:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.