How do you think they will fix this mess?

So a wipe wont fix anything. Its player behavior. You cant code against that

They can not wipe for exploits that appear after every update, they can not punish players for bugs they creates!

I have already ask for a 3 months wipe (full wipe, including players), every Equinox for example. Then every previous exploits are deleted.

a wipe would reset the imbalance. Fixing players behaviours are another set of problems, this isn’t a one or the other prompt.

If you accept the premise that a large amount of “bad actors” are right now stockpiling resources through the dupe, then a wipe is the only realistic way to roll back the entirity of that issue. That or at the very least surgically target the bad actors stockpiles - but even that is an overly complex query to run with likely bad impact anyway.

Playing on as if it didn’t happen is just kicking the current problem further along even if they patched the dupe tomorrow.

How do you not see that?

The last half dozen dupe exploits didn’t warrant a wipe. What makes #6/7/whatever special?

You all played through five years of dupes. Literally people have been duping the ENTIRE time for the last 60+ months. What changed with this one?

1 Like

It will not change the root cause of the problem -the choice of players to cheat, dupe or crack.

A solution is to have servers for PvP to auto wipe every 3 months. However this was tried already was it not?

Exactly. But also nothing new. Always like this
they bait you and after catching you they let you rot.

Yes, let’s wait another 5 years.

You are right, a wipe will not solve anything apart bringing everyone on Officials at the same level. BUT, fresh servers could be a option
i know that they removed/merged a lot of the servers not that long ago
but with fresh servers you have a fail safe in cases like the current one where NONE of the major features/systems do not work properly or at all. Hire game masters to actively hunt cheaters might also be a solution.
But yeah, wipe servers only to be back at it 1 or 2 months later.

Exactly. When will it stop though? I do not know about you but i really enjoy playing on full servers(like it was the case 2 weeks ago). OP did not mentioned exactly the problem, the others made this Thread a “dupe exploit issue”. The issue with 3.0 is not only pvp,exploiting or pve related

• AI is working and not working. Conflicting with i do not know what

• Purge spawns inside or on top of bases
  • Surges spawn inside the mesh, inside the leyshrines.
  • Delving bench is totally broken
  • Bases just disappear
  • Not even the battle pass and the bazaar work properly(where their most focus went)

All the above makes my friends stop playing and again we are left with the around 10k faithful players. GG Fancon.

I do not know how many of you are familiar with Steamcharts, but the game has not been so heavily played since May 2018(Official Release
). And this is just Steam, imagine if the consoles had a “functional update”. This is Funcom, they succeed only to fail.
Instead of tending for retaining players they are satisfied with a portion of their success
at the cost of our time and money.

I will hold Dennis accountable for his phrase
 “I value my time!”
why u had to say that? Why you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, i value my time also. While Funcom does not give a shit about it.

I will not buy any additional BattlePass, any cosmetics from the Bazaar
because every single time when u get ur hopes up
those hopes end up in being frustrations
not a good thing while playing a game that you enjoy.

When you make the jump off of those tutorial servers and onto a private server. They have tools and manpower to mitigate and eliminate the effects of duping. They also can have populations that far exceed what you’re used to, if a full server is what you are looking for.

I am sorry but this is a weak reply
i mostly play on private servers. But i do like to come back to official servers. My private servers are not up and running because of the mess Funcom made in 3.0. Come, i would like to copy paste your next reply “You play on the wrong private servers” to the ones running the servers i play on :))

Expected a lot more from you then this petty reply. :frowning:

That problem is already fixed on PC I believe, when you try to do it and try to relog the server won’t let you in and will say your ping is too high, you’ll need to completely close the game and then it won’t work.
This looks like a temporary fix to me.

On consoles its still going and you can tell when someone is doing it because the server lag like hell. You can’t do anything when people are messing with that and if you are killing NPCs there is a chance you gonna die.

This olde trope “private servers work” is getting old :slight_smile: 
 as sure if you managed and its a big if, you manage to find a private server that can hold a pop long enough and doesn’t contain an admin who has impulse control issues around spawning in stuff.

maybe this is the haven you speak of. After several years in OCE i’m yet to see it take root. Official servers is pretty much the only place to land because for reasons that are obvious, players prefer official over private more so when they first get back into the conan experience.

Does that translate to the rest of the regions :shrug:

Ummm
 nobody has ever said it was the way to solve the root problem? stop conflating the argument because you’re afraid of losing your stockpiles.

We get it
 you’re that guy who thrives on chaos and enjoys the games ability to zero out after every patch.

Nope. Still works on PC and its not dependent on that session. You can still close the entire game and come back in and it still has the issue. The core issue is the server believes you are about to build with flotsam so its still locked onto that state.

Ill ignore your cheap shot and move on.

Then the solution is for PvPers to move to PvE server and flag their territories as PvP and dont use the dupes.

Using dupes cheats or hacks is a choice.

1 Like

A choice thats not mutual. Acting like there is some conciousness at play here is neive at best. A player in general who don’t cheat go about their experience with good intentions. The cheaters are like a cancer who continuously look for an edge or way to exploit that experience to their own narcisitic benefit. Reasoning with these clowns is pointless.

All a wipe or “fresh server” solution offers is a do-over at best. Its a bandaid but its also the only way to attempt at bringing any hint at confidence the issue was addressed beyond a patch.

Like i said over and over. All a patch does is stop the bleeding 
the real problem is the blood loss in the first place, how do you get confidence back.

Your option is “do nothing” which
 looking at servers that suffer the issue isn’t winning hearts/minds :smiley:

Your still insisting on wiping the servers yet you already stated this wouldnt solve the problem.

The problem is the cheats being used -constantly going on two decades now in online games.

The solution is to stop playing the cheating game.

Or play in an environment like a private server. I do and i pvp on it because i know my clanmate im fighting wont dupe, cheat or hack.

1 Like

its not a zero sum outcome. You’re asserting that one action must solve all. I’m saying its many actions that need to take place.

I have no words. What a brilliant idea, “instead of fixing bugs, lets just get teh consumer to stop using the product”

Winning idea.

There it is, the whole “private servers are the answer” 
 Insert the same tired argument between private vs official thats been plaguing these forums for years now

Thats the build up to your argument, “why wipe just go private” should be your signature.

OK circular arguement- keep on complaining here as is your right.

Ill be back playing the game thanks for your time.

no problem :wink: the arrogance is you think we’re here to seek your permission or something.

Smh.

Funcom better come with a fix for this problem and all the resources on the servers asap. People are filling up a lot of vaults and defeat the purpose of the game.
If I don’t have to work for it then it’s taking away part of the fun of the game from me.

Funny thing is, when 3.0 launched, the growth of CE servers was skewed towards private servers on PC. Official players went from 1:8 to around 1:8.4 despite CE quadrupling its overall population.

Why? Because official servers are below subpar. They lag, they harbor hackers, they harbor bigots, and they harbor dupers. They’ve been this way for five years. They will be this way for another five years. And another if they’re still up by then.

Those vaults have been filled up since 2017. You all are way way behind the curb. Some of these exploits predate 3.0 and even 2.0.

Agreed there is no upside to playing on any official pvp servers atm. Even PVE-C dupers are getting on my nerves with the creative mode in building going on. One dude has just built a bridge spanning most of the map out of high tier mats overnight
 but i’m sure he farmed for it :rofl: