How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Ban

, ,

Ah, I see. I can definitely see your point for official servers and agree.

1 Like

Why can’t 9ne have an opinion. I did not say take them out. Why so defensive on your own play style do you have to attack an opinion? Being as you broke rules of ToS, I take little from you. Cheaters always are defensive.

Again, that is ONLY my opinion. Why does every response to an opinion have to be negative. I never 8nsulted or attacked those that do. I just stated it was counter lore.

3 Likes

Okaaaay. . . lol

5 Likes

I have to say I am a little bit afraid. I like all the nice builds on the server i play and I don’t want that some gets banned for it. I personally building a big base after one year waiting to login again. I build on water far in West and try to use the minimum of structure elements I need.

But here comes a problem with the stability of the structures. Some should have 100 but have 0 stability. So I needed more pillars to complete.
At the end I needed more then 1000 additional structure peaces to continue my build.
Documentated the problems here:

And now I think my base could be bannable. I don’t have any lags at this place. One of my neighbour makes some lag but it’s in an area where nobody should have a problem. They have done a great work and it’s not even really big. I think the lag Resultate because of the placeables and decoration.

I can’t say when something starts to be bannable. The rules are not clear enough…

1 Like

At the ship of the black hand i got sometimes extreme lag… Should I report the black hand and should they be banned for it?

7 Likes

And that is the issue with the current ToS.

2 Likes

YES! OMG THEY HAVE NO CONSIDERATION OF THE OTHER PLAYERS! THEY ATTACK OUT OF HOURS ON PVE-C!

Honestly, though, that was funny.

2 Likes

Maybe the guys from riverswatch get banned too and come back in two weeks? Or they stop playing Conan because of this unclear rules

4 Likes

If you are referring to the screenshot of the Great Dam base on my server, it was not deleted and I know it is not undeermeshing because, well, it’s my server.

This, “we’ll never know” crap has gotten stale.

If you find the current ToS playable on official servers, have fun.

Since I do not, I left official servers and I am missing how this is such a difficult concept to grasp for, apparently, quite a few people.

Play the game you enjoy.

I will play the game I enjoy.

If you trip onto my server and don’t like the building, feel free to exit at any time.

5 Likes

I keep seeing “undermesh” as an excuse. But how does this explain the PVE server bans? Who would undermesh on a PVE server, and why would it be bannable?

4 Likes

This. Very much this.

I received a 2 week ban. However, my main official servers were not impacted because I had a character in my clan who was not part of the ban.

But now that I know I can be banned out of the blue, for no reason, I have lost all desire to play on the official servers. Why would I want to sink anymore of my free time into something that a bully at Funcom can demolish on a whim?

In all the years I have been there, with all the trolls and spammers I have seen, I can tell you with full honesty that nobody can make an official server more toxic than a Funcom Admin.

Their new ToS is having the opposite affect.

4 Likes

Fact.

2 Likes

Yes, it has, like many other aspects of this discussion. Here’s another one:

Conflating server lag and client lag has gotten stale, too, as has conflating player-built content with content provided by the map.

Client lag and server lag are two different things. If there is a thing on the map that causes server lag, it will affect not only the player that is near that thing, but everyone who is connected to the server regardless of where they are.

Funcom devs placed the content on the map, and they also selected the specs for the official servers, and those two are related by design: the content provided by the map won’t degrade official server performance. That’s because it’s capped by map design. In other words, you won’t suddenly see more and more Darfari come to the Summoning Place, and build additional huts and cages around it.

Player-built content, on the other hand, isn’t capped like map content. We are allowed to build without limits.

1 Like

It’s not just undermeshing but the entire package…like I said, if you are robbing others of enjoyment outside the parameters of the server, the moderators need to act…regardless of official or private. From my conversations with others, I’ll avoid private servers due to the favoritism and blatant cheating admin that plague them …better the devil I know that tries to be objective.

1 Like

5sf-5second-films-you-tube (1)
This situation now feels a little bit like in this gif

On the right side of this gif people who playing Conan the same way like the last three years
And from the left than FC with new rules.
And they say only that you ‘maybe’ use too much sand but don’t how much you can use.

It seems to me that the only way to know that I use too much sand is when FC tell it to me nearly the way that the kids where told in this animation.

BTW they where banned from the beach for two weeks :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So, I took the commnet as a lightening of the mood, not a serious complaint and I responded in kind.

For me, that closed the loop on that thread as neither of the folks commenting were seriously equating server content with player content.

As I tell folks all the time, my humor is intended for an audience of me. Everyone else is in the splash zone.

Then my life is better.

If I am on official servers and abiding by the ToS, how my play impacts you is of zero concern to me. If my play robs you of enjoyment, tough, go to another server.

If I am on a private server, I am there for the community I built and I feel you would not fit, so if you show up and it robs you of enjoyment, that’s on you.

This sense of entitlement is staggering.

3 Likes

Of course this wasn’t meant seriously :slight_smile:

I don’t wanted to discuss this but I think I need this kind of sarcasm and humor to survive Conan exiles the last years
I think we all love and hate the game at the same time. But at the end I think love is the bigger part :sweat_smile:

4 Likes