I thought I knew everything about guild renown, having heavily suffered from the guild renown bug a few years ago.
But it seems, I don’t. So how are the rankings calculated? Exactly?
This I know about renown:
- only the top 50 contributers are counted towards the ranking
- character cap: a character can make 2.000.000 renown points which contribute to the guild renown (gaining levels) per week, but can make more which will count for the ranking
- guild cap: a guild can make 25.000.000 points in every category which will contribute to the guild renown (gaining levels), but can make more which will count for the ranking
- there are some items you can craft which will give you artistry points for the guild, but will not count for the ranking. I do not know which items that are.
- if a a character leaves a guild, its renown points will still count for the guild, but not for the rankings
So the total of the top 50 characters should equal the points a guild has in the ranking list. Sadly, this did not add up for the guild I am contributing to this week. Counting the top 50 contributers we should have 16.700.000 in the list. Instead we have 10.050.658 total, missing roughly 6.700.000 artistry points.
Is there anything I missed?