How many will hold off on new dlc until bugfixes have been done?

The last one was not useless. The doors are stronger then basic doors and you get armour for cold area with encumbrance perk.

1 Like

I liked the last DLC and I also like the looks of this one as it brings back memories from my Tiger Knight days.

I think Funcom needs to stop rewarding ‘bug testers’ with free DLC. I’d like to see how the IRA views that process. It’s not like a contest where you can win it, it’s payment for services rendered - however good or bad it was delivered. That makes it a taxable benefit.

That aside, since the last DLC was so buggy, that experience isn’t likely to change with this one. And since I see no real benefit from it or actual coding work being done (just doing some graphic work to apply new wrappers to old already existing code), it ought to be a lot cheaper than it is.

But for years now since AoC was released and TSW was designed, Funcom has bought into the whole EA argument and want’s to nickel and dime players with constant micro-transactions for things like DLC or vanity items or game enhancements, instead of just charging low monthly fees for access. Sub fees drive out the leeches and douches for the most part. And for sure you don’t see too many minors with credit cards, so that also raises the bar on the entry age of players too so would be a good way to ramp up the maturity level of the player base.

But nope, don’t see a reason to buy this, not when it’s so easy for a Purge to take all your effort away when you are offline.

I also blame shareholders - they always screw things over for consumers. Profit is more important than customer service or quality control - yet with no customers comes no profit - idiots.

5 Likes

I would have bought all DLC for PS4 if it seemed like this was a good dev team that cared about the quality of their game, since they don’t seem like that and haven’t attempted to balance or fix many many bugs and improve QoL things, I won’t be buying or playing again. Game is dead anyways on my server and you are isolated to one single server unless you want to start from scratch

3 Likes

I would have bought the Aquilonian DLC if I hadn’t gotten it from the Call To Arms promo. I am a builder, and the new style is by far my favorite (already built a structure with it in single player).

However, I may have waited until some of the bugs had been exterminated before purchasing. There is a LOT of work for Funcom in the near future, and I look forward to giving some feedback on it in Testlive. :grin:

I won’t purchase another dlc for this game, until there is a major shift in customer service/support, and I hope folks follow suit. These last few weeks have been absolute garbage from a server stability/infrastructure and customer service standpoint.

5 Likes

I bought it :grinning:

2 Likes

bought it, love it, fix the bugs in it and ill buy another one :slight_smile:

1 Like

A game dies when it is complete.

Food for thought.

1 Like

Hey let me try:

A game dies when it’s incomplete.

Food for thought.

1 Like

I think a better one would be this:

A game dies when it`s Developers stop working on a game before it is fully completed.

Food for thought.

2 Likes

How about? 
 _

A game dies when the developers abandon it.

_

3 Likes

Bought it; love it
Enough said

I will buy it if they fix the flickering chest and 0 exp bug crafting from hotbar.

2 Likes

Sure, bought it as soon it was out !

I love the game, and the world, also i know there still lot bugs and issues around. I hope most will get fixed with time.
I have over 1000h playtime, and still enjoy the game. Now mostly testing stuff, after i played the game for the game lot of time and upped several chars.
Game development isn’t a cheap thing, and money is still neaded, that’s a fact. DLC’s are a nice way for a compagny to make some money for further development and game-fixes. And you buy it or not, this is your choice.

Just consider, that the price for the dlc are realy correct. And believe me, i’m not a rich person. But let’s be honnest, what do you get actually for 10 bucks ? Not lot in most countries.

So yes i bought it, and will also buy the next one, still looking forward to a still better game experience, and a still deaper immersion in the world i love.

4 Likes

Not being able to test it on the console though was nothing to do with console players. Providing free content for the same game for one set of players just divides the player base.

They should have provided the first or seconde dlc free to all players as a thank you for putting up with all the bugs and win the trust back of their player base.

Warhorse launched kingdom come deliverance with heaps of bugs yet they provided their first dlc hardcore mode, haircuts etc for free. Same with no mans sky yet Fucom wants to be different?

1 Like

we got the royal-armor with release.

Like said previously, i think each compagny need also money to develop further, and 10 euro/$ or whatever isn’t overdone at my eyes. I pay it with pleasure if i’m happy with a game, and it ad more fun and content to my game.

But i can understand the frustration of some console-players, bit same as for us pc players when the game is toned down for the purpose of compatibility with consoles.
But that’s an other point, and that’s life.

2 Likes

What has the Royal armour got to do with it? Pretty every game that comes out now has pre order bonuses.

You are talking as if Funcom didn’t make any money from the game, they sold plenty and made plenty. They could have easily made the 1st or 2nd dlc free and then introduced dlc that does cost.

Surely you’re not suggesting that Funcom is so tight for money that they had to make the first dlcs cost money to continue development?

1 Like

maybe you should read bit more about Funcom and theyr situation pre-game launch and so.

If i’m talking Royal-armor, it’s for the simple fact, that this reward how you call it, is also called DLC, look at Steam.
Sure, we all like free stuff, who would not ? All like gifts, and free DLC’s, but games are also a business, that’s how the world goes.

2 Likes

Care to provide a link then that will explain Funcoms financial situation pre development and since release?

So their business model for the game to survive and prosper is through $10 cosmetic dlc
sounds like a grade A business plan